Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DisembowelMe
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm 

pastafarian wrote:
I have heard some nasty shit about him, like apparently when he was in genitorturers his wife would shove dildos and her fisty up his ass on stage as part of the show, so yeah Gayvid Vincent might indeed be of the bisexual variety. Oh well, blessed are the sore i guess.

Seriously dude? I know this is basically a gossip thread, but come on man, don't spread shit that sounds like something middleschoolers make up to make each other look bad, then spicing it up with homophobic name-calling only forgivable if you do in fact belong in that aformentioned age group.

FJ Receptor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 pm 

DisembowelMe wrote:
pastafarian wrote:
I have heard some nasty shit about him, like apparently when he was in genitorturers his wife would shove dildos and her fisty up his ass on stage as part of the show, so yeah Gayvid Vincent might indeed be of the bisexual variety. Oh well, blessed are the sore i guess.

Seriously dude? I know this is basically a gossip thread, but come on man, don't spread shit that sounds like something middleschoolers make up to make each other look bad, then spicing it up with homophobic name-calling only forgivable if you do in fact belong in that aformentioned age group.

I don't want to speak for the poster you replied to, but silly names aside, these rumors have been around for years, and the Genitorturer's stage act is notoriously over-the-top.

DomDomMCMG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:40 am 

Frank Booth wrote:
WtC guys: Campan is a raging homophobe who loves to try and start fights over petty slights, the rest aren't much better. I've heard plenty of stories over the years about their doing things like jumping people in parking lots, damaging the gear of other bands, assaulting people out of the blue for past disputes... there's a lot of stuff about them.

My friend met the WTC guys at a Napalm Death show and he said they were cool as fuck even though he isn't a fan of their music.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 pm 

daemon_necromaton wrote:
Rumor has it that Illud Divinum Insanus was recorded from Vincent's bum boy money but that's not easily verified, obviously.

Fixed to be more believable.

I met the guys from Goatwhore and High On Fire from the SF show they did just last December. Great bunch of guys really.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

somberlain93
I'm not sexist, I have binders full of women friends!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 am 

The good: Jon Nödtveidt, Peter Tägtgren, LG Petrov, Masse Broberg, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Trey Azagthoth, Ross Dolan, Nocturno Culto, John McEntee -- all really nice, polite and cool guys.

The bad: Glen Benton (total asshole), Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (arrogant and immature), Alvaro Lillo (idiot drug addict), Adam Buszko (said some really dirty shit to a female friend of mine, right in front of me, and tried to start a fight when I set him straight about how to talk to ladies), Heike Langhans (way too arrogant for someone that JUST joined an established band) and Pelle Forsberg (standoffish prick).

The ugly: Erik Danielsson. Complete hypocrite. If his fans knew what he really thinks of them or how much speed/coke he does..... Really disappointed with that one.

Last edited by somberlain93 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am 

Haven't met them in person, but in online interaction, Dissona is an outrageously legit band. I've chatted with Logan and Matt (the guitarists) many times, and they're always cool, responsive guys. Their vocalist Dave (a talented artist and singer) even agreed to make cover art if I were to ever do an album of some sort. :D

You should also check them out if you haven't. One of the best progressive metal bands out today.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 am 

somberlain93 wrote:
The bad: Glen Benton (total asshole), Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (arrogant and immature), Alvaro Lillo (idiot drug addict), Adam Buszko, Heike Langhans (way too arrogant for someone that JUST joined an established band) and Pelle Forsberg (standoffish prick).

The ugly: Erik Danielsson. Complete hypocrite. If his fans knew what he really thinks of them or how much speed/coke he does..... Really disappointed with that one.

When I played with Watain last year Erik was the only one of them I didn't talk to. Some of the other guys in the band did though and they found him to be a generally nice dude and very affable.

As for Alvaro, he gave everyone in my band the flu by proxy. He had the flu which he gave to a lady friend of ours two days before, then at the show she did our facepaint and thus got all of us sick. We then had to do another show 3 days later in Rhode Island and we all were sick and near vomiting and just felt like we were gonna die.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Evil_Carrot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:56 am 

I've met a few people, most of it is just short hey, good show, standard shit. I don't usually try to have long conversations with these people.

Terji from Tyr was cool, he discussed the new album a little, and that they were changing labels, but couldn't say to what, but actually seemed a little annoyed when someone asked if it was Nuclear blast. I'm not sure if it was because they wanted Nuclear Blast, or if it he'd been asked that too many times or what. All of Enslaved seemed like good guys.

Iced Earth was awesome, and Jon Shaffer gave me a soundbyte for a college paper I was doing, even though he was in a shitty mood from the venue being garbage. And it was his birthday. Actually me and my friend met him during soundcheck too. The venue owner was so jacked off because Jon Shaffer was bitching about the venue all day, I guess. Maybe in that sense he may have been a dick, but I sort of understand, since the sound is shit there, the stage was too small for them to put up the background set they had brought, and they were playing a hockey game on the TV next to the stage... I'd say it was justified.

Sonata Arctica were very cool, at first I kinda thought.. I think it was Tommy, might have been a dick for not saying a word to anyone, but then I was told he didn't speak much English. Henrik was probably the coolest, he stayed and chatted while smoking until he had to go for soundcheck.

Swashbuckle was hilarious, but I'm not sure if i should call them nice or not, as they spent most of the time just mocking the other opening act, Mutiny Within, who, while I'm not a fan of their album, were incredibly cool guys.

Not metal, but ex-Misfit Michale Graves was incredibly cool. I've heard some stories that he can be a prick, but maybe he's matured since his Misfits days, or maybe he has some bad nights, but he was very laid back, thanks be, said he saw me in the crowd and was glad I knew all the songs, talked about upcoming projects and the CD singel I bought. Seemed very cool and genuine. Jerry Only on the other hand stood three feet in front of me talking to some other guy, refused to acknowledge my existence, then went to his trailer. Although not nearly as good as some of the other Jerry Only stories I've heard. That said, he DID hang out after the show and sign everythign put in front of him, talk to anyone who wanted to for a few, and ake pics. Maybe he puts on a fake face after the show, or maybe he just has to get into the mood first. I don't know. Dez, who was in Black Flag and is in misfits now, was absolutely awesome though.

Epica were all very cool, except Simone sort of. She wasn't really a bitch or anything, just sort of had that 'lets get this over with' vibe. Which I honestly kind of expected. I actually met a few members of Katatonia smoking pot outside their bus. They were cool, but Jonas Renkse was heading over, and I literally heard him say something along the lines of "shit there's people by the bus." and just stand and hang out by a wall. I figure, he clearly doesn't want to be bothered, and hell, with lyrics like Deadhouse, the guys probably antisocial as hell. So I just kind of kept on talking to the other guys and let him be. Unfortunately a bunch of people wound up hounding the poor guy for autographs and pictures anyway a few minutes later.

Eluveitie, while not my cup of tea (was there for Wintersun) Chrigel was cool and was just talking to a large crowd and telling stories and shit for a good 15 minutes, then went on the buss, then about 10 minutes later, came back and talked for probably another 10 minutes.

I never formally met Korpiklaani, but Jonne was cool enough to let a friend sing the chorus to... I think Vodka? Then after the show, shook his hand from the stage and thanked him for not fucking up. Which i thought was funny. Similarly, I missed meeting Tim Owens formally a few times, but he's stayed and signed shit from the stage for a few minutes every time I saw him, although sometimes seemingly in better moods than others.

UnrealReality
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:12 am 

Fjorgynn from Fjorsvartnir. Nice guy, but very insecure and tried very hard to sell me his new albums. We discussed the future of the band, and he told me that he will be the future drummer of Blodarv (Which he currently is).

All members of Archgoat. Seems like nice, laidback guys, typical Finnish with irony towards self. They even excused soundproblems that weren't their fault. Did not get to speak a lot with them though.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 am 

somberlain93 wrote:
The good: Jon Nödtveidt, Peter Tägtgren, LG Petrov, Masse Broberg, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Trey Azagthoth, Ross Dolan, Nocturno Culto, John McEntee -- all really nice, polite and cool guys.

The bad: Glen Benton (total asshole), Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (arrogant and immature), Alvaro Lillo (idiot drug addict), Adam Buszko (said some really dirty shit to a female friend of mine, right in front of me, and tried to start a fight when I set him straight about how to talk to ladies), Heike Langhans (way too arrogant for someone that JUST joined an established band) and Pelle Forsberg (standoffish prick).

really? That's a huge let-down because I'm a big fan of both the bands they're in.
I had heard mixed reactions when it came to the dudes from Belphegor. A friend of mine had said that they were a bunch of tools, but folks on here have said that they're good guys. Interesting

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 am 

I have to say this out loud, Paul Speckman is the coolest man alive! Ubber cool persona with a willingness to continuously give out something even if he's totally busted. Before interviewing him he was telling me about how he only had one hour of sleep before the show since he got from Prague to Portugal, and that it wasn't his best show and all, that he could give out an even better show. He even had a silver marker to sign stuff for people, when usually one has to take pens along to get stuff signed. Took pictures, talked a lot like a regular guy, and gave out one of the funniest interviews I've had the chance to do.

Seriously Paul, you're the man!

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 pm 

Alvaro Lillo is far from a douche, unless you try to pull shit on him. I've met him the first time in 2001 and I've never seen him be impolite to anyone.

I've met a lot of people right here in Stockholm, but the most memorable was the hour long chat over a beer with Lord Worm. The man has a sense of humour that is beyond funny!

The guys in Nile are cool too. I taught Dallas to swear in Greek at George. Karl is pretty much chill.

The Nifelheim brothers are very nice and happy to talk to any fan that is willing to chat.

And of course, the guys in Rotting Christ. When they played here back in November, Sakis took the time to take pictures and sign everything for anyone. He even ran backstage to fetch a couple of picks to hand out.

Gaahl is polite and well mannered.

Max Kolesne had very interesting stories to tell. We didn't see much of Alex, since he pretty much kept to himself.

Zac Joe (ex- Cephalic Carnage), very funny and friendly guy.

Masse Broberg. Took us to his place after a night out, paid for the cab and presented us with good weed.

Martin Missy of Protector. Of course I'm going to mention him since he's a personal friend of mine, but he's probably the most genuinely nice guy you would meet.

The list goes on...

Douchebags.... Not really, can't remember any.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:25 pm 

Porman wrote:
I've met a lot of people right here in Stockholm, but the most memorable was the hour long chat over a beer with Lord Worm. The man has a sense of humour that is beyond funny!

Would love to know a bit more of this particular encounter :nods:

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm 

Basically, the only thing I remember in detail is that we talked about the architecture in Canada and that we all have one super power.

Mine is "Instant Stupid".

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 am 

I recently met Lee Spielman from Trash Talk when a friend of mine called him out of the blue somewhere on Melrose in Hollywood. Despite that he was in a hurry to go buy pot(no seriously, the dude was on a mission :lol:) he was friendly enough to let us take a picture with him.

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:32 am 

somberlain93 wrote:
Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (arrogant and immature)

Care to tell this story?

REG
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 pm 

saw Octanic again on Saturday night. only my second time! talked to Jay Shepherdson at the merch table for a bit. he is a pretty laid back guy and man does he have some pipes. his energy on stage is infectious.

MetalMarco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:14 pm 

TheHellstorm wrote:
[...]
Also cool guys are: Jeff Waters (ANNIHILATOR)

Absolutely! He has organized plenty of Meet and Greet - Events at concerts or rehearsals plus inviting fans to a meal :)
http://www.annihilatormetal.com/forum/showthread.php?2215-Ottawa-Rehearsal-Annihilation!

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm 

I'm surprised to see people mentioning Jeff Waters as being a cool dude, because everything I've ever heard about him points to his being a world-class asshole.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:29 pm 

Yeah I was going to say, I've only heard hearsay and just drawn conclusions based of interviews and statements and thing I've seen on Facebook and whatnot, but I was always under the impression that he was very, very full of himself.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 am 

I met Mark Shelton & Bryan Patrick of Manilla Road in Calgary this past September.
Incredibly nice guys, so humble in spite of being such legendary musicians. They were so grateful as it was their first time playing a show in Canada and didn't think they'd get such a positive reception.
They were even willing to pose for a heinous photograph! Great guys.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:28 am 

^^^Awesome MR pic. Hope they end up playing more shows in Canada-- specifically the Toronto area!!!

Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 am 

I don't listen to bands that are nice. Not critical enough.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm 

Then you miss out on some good music.

MetalMarco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:29 pm 

MetalMarco wrote:
TheHellstorm wrote:
[...]
Also cool guys are: Jeff Waters (ANNIHILATOR)

Absolutely! He has organized plenty of Meet and Greet - Events at concerts or rehearsals plus inviting fans to a meal :)
http://www.annihilatormetal.com/forum/showthread.php?2215-Ottawa-Rehearsal-Annihilation!

I am relating to Annihilators/Jeffs fan closeness and time and attention they pay their fans. I havent heard of such events and special actions by other bands.

Jeff said that there will be a tribute to their fans in order with their upcoming album.
There are already personal tributes like this:

@ corpsewithoutsoul: really nice picture!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:51 pm 

corpsewithoutsoul: You have such a great expression in that pic.

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 pm 

Thanks. Note: there is absolutely zero sobriety whatsoever taking place in that photograph.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:01 pm 

the first thing I thought when I saw that pic. Wtf is going on? xD

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

SoldierOfHell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm 

somberlain93 wrote:

Care to elaborate ? He seems like a cool dude from the interviews, even tho his religious/luciferian thing seems like total bullshit since he changes subjet or give confusing answers everytime the subjet come

logan6511
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm 

Really cool guys:
Donald Tardy (Obituary) sent me some tips for my band merch sales on my_space, really nice of him.
Waldemar Sorychta (Grip Inc) also via my_space sent me some tips on guitar sound and was very friendly.
Dan Lilker- saw him on MD death fest in the crowd and watched Entombed performing and just exchanged impressions of favorite Entombed albums, he seemed really cool.
Lazarus AD band- they possed with me on a picture and were really cool and joking around like we knew each other.
Jack Gibbons & Tom Hunting (Exodus)- really nice guys gave me autographs and pictures without hesitation.

a bit of a douchie
Daniel from Carcass/Arch Enemy was very hesitant to let me take a picture of him...he eventually said yes but looked pissed.
Jeff Walker-Carcass- refused to be photographed and would come out to greet fans waiting for him outside.

Douche bag deluxe
Glen Benton-Deicide- told fans to fuck off when asked to sign some autographs.

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 am 

Cendelence wrote:
somberlain93 wrote:
Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (arrogant and immature)

Care to tell this story?

Don't know the story but for 99% sure that he was drunk. He never likes that fans come over his face for praising. Just being normal and it's so much easier.

havoc00
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:38 pm 

Met the guys of WTC at the house of the dude who recorded there first album Miguel in cape may NJ. they were all cool as fuck

sonofevil
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:20 am 

@androdion
Couldnt agree more.
I met him in 2008 and 2011 both times he signed my shit and was always open for questions and a little chat.

Once i met Schmier from Destruction at Metalfest 2011 (Dessau, Germany) on the Campground he was insulting some kid
and didnt wanted to sign the Boobs of some Girl, cant recall that one exactly(too drunk).

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:07 am 

logan6511 wrote:

to be fair, autographs are really gay

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 am 

Chaosmonger wrote:
logan6511 wrote:

to be fair, autographs are really gay

Do you think telling fans to fuck off is a sensible way to let them know you don't do autographs? Not writing them is one thing, being an asshole is another.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm 

Wayne from Vulvagun messaged me on here thanking me for my positive review and support of the band, wrote a ton of stuff about inside goings-on and even gave me a link to a bonus track. Seemed like an awesome dude.

Jioti from Human Fortress/Herman Frank also messaged me a few years ago, he was also very nice.

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Do you think telling fans to fuck off is a sensible way to let them know you don't do autographs? Not writing them is one thing, being an asshole is another.

well it gives them a funny anecdote to tell and who DOESN'T know that Benton is an asshole anyway? He's been around forever.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:01 pm 

Chaosmonger wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
well it gives them a funny anecdote to tell and who DOESN'T know that Benton is an asshole anyway? He's been around forever.

Indeed, his idiocy is well documented.

eaters_of_the_dead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm 

Evil_Carrot wrote:
Not metal, but ex-Misfit Michale Graves was incredibly cool. I've heard some stories that he can be a prick, but maybe he's matured since his Misfits days, or maybe he has some bad nights, but he was very laid back, thanks be, said he saw me in the crowd and was glad I knew all the songs, talked about upcoming projects and the CD singel I bought. Seemed very cool and genuine. Jerry Only on the other hand stood three feet in front of me talking to some other guy, refused to acknowledge my existence, then went to his trailer. Although not nearly as good as some of the other Jerry Only stories I've heard. That said, he DID hang out after the show and sign everythign put in front of him, talk to anyone who wanted to for a few, and ake pics. Maybe he puts on a fake face after the show, or maybe he just has to get into the mood first. I don't know. Dez, who was in Black Flag and is in misfits now, was absolutely awesome though.

Michale is pretty cool for the most part. He is always pleasant in the fan setting and will sign pretty much anything you bring to him. A friend of mine did art for Gotham Rd. and when my friend introduced himself as the artist when his band opened for Gotham Rd. Michale threw a fit about how he didn't draw it. Really didn't make any sense since it wasn't like he was asking for money or anything. Also he had a huge problem with my friend and his band since they wore skull make up and and as recently as last year I've seen Mike on facebook talking shit about them because of the face paint.

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 pm 

logan6511 wrote:
Douche bag deluxe

Haha this made me laugh.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next