Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:54 pm 

Recently I passed Jon from Baroness when I was leaving a show in Philly. I said "hay, Baroness!!!" and he kindly took the moment, even know he was on a phone call to say "Hi, how you doing?" pretty cool guy.
Met the guys in Bell Witch they were super cool humble guys, got a few pics and talked for a bit.
Met some of the guys from Inter Arma before their show, very cool guys!Hung out with Brett from Pallbearer and their van driver for a while before their show in Philly and I think the Drummer was there for a while. Very cool guys, no egos, totally down to Earth, funny.
My highlight was seeing Nick Holmes from paradise Lost before their show at Deathfest. I yelled "Nick!" and gave him the horns, he politely waved back with a smile. So English of him!!!
Also ran into the Guitarist for Absu who was in town with his other band Strange Nights, he remembered me from the Absu show and we talked for a bit, very cool guy.

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:33 pm 

FuneralDoomed23 wrote:
Chatted with Wrest from Leviathan and it was incredibly awkward, he is a real intense guy.

Holy fuck, can't even imagine what that would be like. Care to share any details?

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:56 pm 

Runko wrote:
FuneralDoomed23 wrote:
Chatted with Wrest from Leviathan and it was incredibly awkward, he is a real intense guy.

Holy fuck, can't even imagine what that would be like. Care to share any details?

I gotta second this. How do you even run into a guy that's notoriously reclusive like that?

FuneralDoomed23
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 am 

I booked a music festival with a group of friends about 4 years ago in CT. We had Evoken headline one of the days and Wrest was doing tattoo work in the area, he went to the show to see Evoken. I noticed him went over and said, "You are Wrest aren't you?" And he like glared at me and said "How do you know that?" I said I saw a photo of you in Metal Archives and he was like "Ah I see" then I said thanks for coming out and supporting and he just nodded and I went back inside. It was cool but awkward and weird at the same time..

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:30 am 

I met red fang and they were unsurprisingly drunk as shit. One of them wouldn't believe that he wasnt in Wales no matter how hard you tried. We were actually in Norfolk which is the complete opposite of the country.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:33 am 

Hey, according to Alan Partridge, East Anglia is the Wales of the East.

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:45 pm 

FuneralDoomed23 wrote:
I booked a music festival with a group of friends about 4 years ago in CT. We had Evoken headline one of the days and Wrest was doing tattoo work in the area, he went to the show to see Evoken. I noticed him went over and said, "You are Wrest aren't you?" And he like glared at me and said "How do you know that?" I said I saw a photo of you in Metal Archives and he was like "Ah I see" then I said thanks for coming out and supporting and he just nodded and I went back inside. It was cool but awkward and weird at the same time..

Any idea if he's still tattooing? I know he lives in Oregon these days but no clue if he works at a shop or anything.

Atomicnucleardesolation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:21 pm 

Pete Helmkamp (Angelcorpse/ex-Order From Chaos/Kerasphorus/ex-Revenge, etc....you should know who he is!): Very quiet and humble dude, was more than willing to take a picture with me and my friends as well. Managed to get a picture with him cracking a smile, haha. He laughed at all our jokes. All around great guy.

Also met Gene Palubicki that night. Once again, very nice guy. Just extremely quiet. No problems with that.

Rick Rozz: Met him right before Massacre broke up. You'd be very surprised that he was actually nice. Caught him at a good time perhaps?

Yasuyuki Suzuki: Absolutely cool and hilarious guy. I gave him my zine and shook his hand. He asked if I could give him a few more copies. (GLADLY!)

Anders Nyström: Gave me a pick and his wristband at the last Katatonia show I was at. Good dude, didn't really talk to him though! Need to meet Jonas still.

Mark Sawickis (Impetigo): Extremely cool dude and friend to me! Promotes my zine, enjoys the hell out of whiskey, and a total music nerd. I guess it's safe to say, we have a lot in common! :)

Neige (Alcest): Went for Anathema on that tour but ended up meeting Neige too. Not a douche, just super reserved and very awkward, probably cause of the language barrier. Not the first person to have a very awkward conversation with him. Haha.

Mike Mahan (Anal Cunt, no explanation needed): Met him a few weeks ago at a friend's show. He was definitely FUCKED up that night and it was hilarious. I asked him if it was true that he had gingivitis and he simply responded with "how about you kiss me and find out?" Then he continued to hit on me the rest of the night (ended up kissing me on the cheek, hahah). Also was nodding out while talking about S.O.B. Very fun, shithead night.

Landphil (Cannabis Corpse/Municipal Waste): Now, I'm not a Cannabis Corpse nor Municipal Waste fan by any stretch of the imagination. I actually can't really stand either bands. But, I still ended up meeting Phil! He was a super nice guy, shook my hand and all. I got respect for him.

Blood Incantation: Saw them all smoking outside the venue so I decided "hey, why not bum a cigarette off of them?" Paul Riedl was a very chill dude. Very reserved. The bass player(?), maybe one of their guitarists also talked to my friend and I, but began ignoring us (actually rolled his eyes and then turned his back on us) after my friend mentioned something about his band. So that kinda pissed us off. It made up for it when they were getting ready to play and decided to put their bullet belts on BEFORE they started to play (for whatever reason? I think it's strange they weren't wearing 'em before that.) But they were struggling very badly to put them on, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

KK Warslut: Met him at Metal Threat this year cause he was staying at the same hotel that I was at. So I saw him in the lobby randomly after taking a smoke at 4 am. I wasn't sure if I should even bother him, so I just sort of yelled "hey! Good show" and he gave me a smile and a thumbs up, so that was cool.

Honorable mentions: People I haven't met that people I know HAVE.

Mr. Violence (Gehennah): didn't actually meet him in person, but when I had barely started working on the first issue of my zine, he was the first person I interviewed. Got back to me right away and the interview was such a success, even if my questions weren't the best.

Seth Putnam: My stepfather grew up liking and playing in various grindcore and death metal bands in New England. So he and his friends knew Seth Putnam, Josh Martin, and the rest of the A.C. shitheads, would always see them at shows. He frequently got free shirts and shit from Seth. And Seth gave my dad his phone number in case if he wanted to be a drummer for Anal Cunt at some point!

Mika Luttinen (Impaled Nazarene): Another hilarious story from my dad. He was at a New Jersey fest, I believe? And Imp Naz had played. But he didn't meet Mika. Instead he found Mika passed out in a bin of his own merch, whilst holding about 5 bags of CDs in his hands.

I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm missing, but that's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Last edited by Atomicnucleardesolation on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:23 pm 

I personally never had an encounter with a fuckwad of a band member but a old friend of mine had a bad experience with Alissa White of arch enemy.

He seen her old band the agonist a few years back. He bought one of their CDs and all the band members were happy to autograph the cd. Alissa comes around later on wearing her rock star sunglasses and sits at the mech booth. He asked if she would sign his cd to complete everyone else who already have sign it? She says, "and I bet you want to see my tits too?" I don't do autographs! Everyone around him was embrassed for him. Even some people yelling out cunt to her afterwards. But she just sit there sunglasses and all.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:54 am 

Oh, hey, an old thread god revived :D. I met/interviewed a lot of people, and some of them were just amazing.

Skyclad - I had the pleasure of doing a face-to-face interview with them (Kevin Ridley, Steve Ramsay and Georgina Biddle) and it was ~30 minutes well spent. It was an interesting and fun chat, and it was the first time when someone from the band was actually asking ME questions. Then they even mentioned me on stage when I managed to guess the song they were about to play.

Thin Lizzy/Black Star Riders - we were sitting ina pub next to the hotel they were staying at for the festival. And suddenly, Thin Lizzy waltz in to celebrate Ricky Warwick's birthday. We bought them a round of drinks and had a laugh with Scott Gorham, who light-heartedly blamed us for not being real fans, since we weren't wearing Thin Lizzy shirts.

Jeff Waters - super cool guy, me and my buddies met him at the concert venue as he was running to the tourbus to grab something. He told us to wait, took care of whatever the thing was and came back to talk to us. Met him again a few years later and was just as outgoing.

Other cool and friendly people I met were Kirk Windstein (Crowbar), Buddy Lackey/Devon Graves (Psychotic Waltz), D.D. and Dave form Overkill (sadly, I didn't get to talk to Blitz, they were in a hurry to load in after the concert), Johan Hallgren (ex- Pain Of Salvation), Blaze Bayley and a few others.

I don't think I had a completely "That guy is an asshole" experience. Some of the guys I met didn't really want to talk/take a photo or anything, but I never got told to fuck off. Could be a European thing :D.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:01 am 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
I personally never had an encounter with a fuckwad of a band member but a old friend of mine had a bad experience with Alissa White of arch enemy.

He seen her old band the agonist a few years back. He bought one of their CDs and all the band members were happy to autograph the cd. Alissa comes around later on wearing her rock star sunglasses and sits at the mech booth. He asked if she would sign his cd to complete everyone else who already have sign it? She says, "and I bet you want to see my tits too?" I don't do autographs! Everyone around him was embrassed for him. Even some people yelling out cunt to her afterwards. But she just sit there sunglasses and all.

What a rotten thing to say, but I'm not surprised. Your friend wasted a good opportunity to retort "What tits??"
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Vampyric
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:21 am 

I met the bass played of Incantation at his job and he was really friendly and excited to run into a metalhead at work.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 am 

Vampyric wrote:
I met the bass played of Incantation at his job and he was really friendly and excited to run into a metalhead at work.

What does he do for work?

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 am 

Kind of resurrecting this thread to share an experience I had;

Last night, I went to see In Flames. I'm not a fan of anything they've done post-Clayman save for a few tracks. However, when I was first getting into metal that wasn't any of the household names in 98/99, they were one of the bands I got into first. I had no expectations going in, as I knew they didn't play a whole lot of old material often (especially being an opening act for... Alter Bridge ?!?!

Anyway, they played a couple old ones (Moonshield/Jester Dance) which were awesome. And after the gig, I left because I had no interest in seeing Alter Bridge, but I was fortunate enough to get to meet Anders and Bjorn and get my LP copies of Jester Race & Clayman signed. They were both so awesome and welcoming dudes. I told them both about my personal nostalgia attached to the two records I brought to be signed, and they were really interested to hear why I loved the records so much and some of the memories attached to them. Super personable guys that hung out to chat, take a couple photos.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 am 

jimbies wrote:
I told them both about my personal nostalgia attached to the two records I brought to be signed, and they were really interested to hear why I loved the records so much and some of the memories attached to them. Super personable guys that hung out to chat, take a couple photos.

And what was their response?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm 

I have only met Eric Rutan from Hate Eternal, and Vince when he was in Dying Fetus. Rutan was really cool, and we watched him play Ms. Pac-Man in an old arcade machine while eating fried chicken. He was really good at the game. Vince later used the ladies restroom in the bar by accident. Someone needed it while he was in there, and after he came out, he found the woman an apologized to her.

Oh, and I met Sami Sati from Oak Pantheon, because we both worked at the same GameStop. He's actually a cool person, but don't tell him I said that.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, I met Dave Mustaine at a book signing. He shook my hand and I said thanks. But that still counts.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

Ive hung out and had beers with the former Nevermore boys minus WD a few times. Theyre all really cool especially Van and Loomis.

hawk6111
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:55 am 

Not read the entire thread but.

Destruction was cool as hell, mike and schmier are cool tuckers
Exodus, Gary holt, rob dukes and especially lee altus are funny as hell
Skeletonwitch are good tuckers too

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:35 pm 

hawk6111 wrote:
Exodus, Gary holt, rob dukes and especially lee altus are funny as hell

Haven't met Gary or Dukes (though I have talked to Gary online), but it was fun talking to Lee. Hung out with him outside the venue for a bit before he said he was going in because it was cold (he's from Cali and we're in KC, midwest winters suck). Hung outside for a while longer, then went in, and he was like, "see? I told you it was fuckin' cold outside!" :lol: That was after I fanboyed to him for a bit about Heathen and my band's singer drunkenly told him about we've covered Goblin's Blade before.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 am 

Saw Deicide last night. They took photos with everyone and were really nice.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:42 am 

Met the Graveland guys past friday. All of them very nice, including Darken that was genuinely excited to play live. The setlist was a bit short but totally packed with classics, every single of them played flawlessly.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:46 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
jimbies wrote:
I told them both about my personal nostalgia attached to the two records I brought to be signed, and they were really interested to hear why I loved the records so much and some of the memories attached to them. Super personable guys that hung out to chat, take a couple photos.

And what was their response?

Shit, sorry for the late response on this.
They were really cool to chat with. This isn't verbatim, obviously, but, Bjorn told me it's crazy to him that the way he feels about the Van Halen records he listened to so much in high school, is the way people feel about some of their earlier records.

Myrkrarfar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:35 am 

I know and have met a lot of people from different bands, ranging from mere hellos to personal friends, and all I've met thus far have been great guys and gals. We all have our backgrounds and stories that make us the way we are, and people in bands are no different. One cool thing for me personally is that some of my old students are in pretty well-known bands now, and it's nice to see and hear their progress.

There's only one guy thus far that I've met who was a bit of a head-scratcher, I'm not going to name him but he's the vocalist of a Finnish black metal band. I spoke with him backstage at a festival and his elitist and arrogant approach was pretty fun to watch and listen to. He's very short in stature, and it seemed like he was trying to compensate for that (or just a general lack of confidence) by being hostile and extremely shifty and quick in both his speech, facial expressions and body language. I'm just generally amused by someone who thinks he's way above people he doesn't know, is judgmental and prejudiced, and has a narrow-minded view on people and the world.

TheGingerbreadGirl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm 

Troy Norr from Coldsteel and them is a really nice guy!

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:08 pm 

Met Immolation last night. As it's been said, really nice guys.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 am 

I've met Amon Amarth, Inquisition and Obituary, all at Bloodstock this year. AA looked tired as fuck, I presumed they'd been traveling all day for just this one show and were now stuck signing our shirts and shit. Amazing guys none the less, they signed my hand and my ex got a few photos with them. They went on to play the best show of the weekend.

Inquisition were intense as fuck initially, Dagon is a fairly intimidating guy but again, he was really nice and said he'd look out for me at the show later that night. Doubt he really meant it but it meant a lot at the time. I treasure the CD they signed and I got some kick ass photos with them.

Finally, Obituary had played earlier and then presumably got blind drunk and did the signing. Again, really nice guys. Shook our hands, took photos with us and said we were the future of death metal. Great guys, all of them.

Keep in mind too these guys had been traveling/playing earlier that day and I was drunk and hadn't showered in a day. Playing metal must be a full time job with asshole like me coming to see them.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am 

I'm not a fan of Neige, and although his band is actually very good, I'm not particularly into Alcest, but he seems like a very humble and good person.

They warmed up for Anathema in Helsinki last week. Jamie of Anathema particularly seems like a really nice bloke. I've seen them a couple of times, and every time, Jamie came to chat with fans after the show. Also, after the show, Danny sang What a Wonderful World for laughs, and it was pretty funny. They have a really positive and good energy in their performance and stage presence overall, and they genuinely look like they're having a great time doing it. They aren't super serious about playing everything to absolute perfection (that is, there were a couple of mistakes), but I tend to enjoy bands who have fun more than absolute clean perfectionism, and it gives the impression that they're cool people as well.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I'm not a fan of Neige, and although his band is actually very good, I'm not particularly into Alcest, but he seems like a very humble and good person.

They warmed up for Anathema in Helsinki last week. Jamie of Anathema particularly seems like a really nice bloke. I've seen them a couple of times, and every time, Jamie came to chat with fans after the show. Also, after the show, Danny sang What a Wonderful World for laughs, and it was pretty funny. They have a really positive and good energy in their performance and stage presence overall, and they genuinely look like they're having a great time doing it. They aren't super serious about playing everything to absolute perfection (that is, there were a couple of mistakes), but I tend to enjoy bands who have fun more than absolute clean perfectionism, and it gives the impression that they're cool people as well.

I was able to meet Neige and Anathema in 2013 when they toured North America together. Neige was very kind, seemed very shy. Danny was great. Probably the best encounter I've ever had with anyone from a band (maybe tied with the guys from Gaslight Anthem). We got to talk for over 15 minutes about all kind of bands, songs and other stuff. Really a great guy.

Ois666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 pm 

jimbies wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

I was able to meet Neige and Anathema in 2013 when they toured North America together. Neige was very kind, seemed very shy. Danny was great. Probably the best encounter I've ever had with anyone from a band (maybe tied with the guys from Gaslight Anthem). We got to talk for over 15 minutes about all kind of bands, songs and other stuff. Really a great guy.

All the guys I've spoken to from Anathema (Danny, Vincent and Jamie) are friendly as hell but Vincent felt a bit weird though. Neige is a real nice guy as well if you are willing to accept his Inspector Closeau english and general shyness.

flowermouth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 pm 

I've had the chance to meet a lot of cool dudes through local shows, and a few through bigger shows.

Cool Guys include:
Kyle Medina - Vocals for BodySnatcher
Ian Nix - WVRM
Matt McGachy/Flo Mounier - Cryptopsy
Bill Robinson - Decrepit Birth

Only really met one dude who was kind of an ass.
John Baizley - Baroness

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 am 

Huh that is suprising. Baizley seems like a nice dude. Never met him in person but he was very friendly and warm towards the audience when I saw them perform.

Lord_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:24 am 

I met all of Cannibal Corpse except for Paul a few days back after their gig in Norwich UK.

Well, to start with I briefly met Alex and Pat outside of a pub in Norwich called The Murderer's Pub - They said with a name like that they just had to check it out!

Me and some other concert goers hung around after the gig and Rob, Alex and Corpsegrinder came out to mingle. I was wearing my Imperial Doom t shirt and Corpsegrinder complemented me on it! So did Rob actually!

Very nice guys. I had a decent chat with Alex and Rob too.

Corpse are one of my favourite bands so it was great to finally meet them.

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 am 

I was with a couple of friends at a local mini-fest and Melechesh were one of the headliners. Now, I wasn't the one who had such an interesting encounter with Mr. Ashmedi but the two of my friends, freshly out of a relationship in fact. She was wasted as hell and was all over the guy, after some usual small talk and pics after the show including all of them. Ashmedi wasn't too far behind on his liquor. This was happening with that guy friend being around obviously, and once Ashmedi put 2 and 2 together, shit got real. At least in his head as he became very apologetic, fearful in fact. If my friend is to be trusted, "Don't hit me" was kind of a refrain for that part of the evening. This was followed by a story about a man stalking him or something similar, someone Ashmedi assaulted and winding up in court if I remember correctly. He was paranoid as hell when discussing that.

I've no idea where I was during that conversation.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:39 am 

thats some story alright

_flow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 am 

I had posted on somebody's facebook about the recent scandal with Melechesh's drummer; Ashmedi then pm-ed me to let me know this was all a lie, the drummer was a complete idiot who couldn't even get a flight to gigs etc.; then telling me all about the Christmas tree he was currently making; something about magick; that I was a "credible" Melechesh fan who bought records (no idea how he assumed that); asking me how their next record should sound like; and on and on without punctuation... but basically, he has read what we've discussed on this forum, and his comment was that "bs cant be more relevant than Art and real news; some create, some destroy, some lead some follow... Shame on the lost souls..."... Asked him why doesn't he make an official statement on the matter instead of typing to fans; said something like "waiting for the time to be right"...

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:30 am 

conquer__all wrote:
Jon from Baroness ... pretty cool guy.

flowermouth wrote:
kind of an ass.
John Baizley - Baroness

So which is it, nice or a douchebag? Or is he just a normal person?

_flow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:42 pm 

I must include Halford here...

Met him in country X last tour; of course he's usually courteous, he signs people's records, he did sign mine. After one of the gigs, however, while waiting for Halford, I chatted casually with Scott Travis. To my surprise, when Scott realized I had traveled from country Z to country X to attend Priest, he said: 1) Whenever you want to see JP, anywhere in the world, text me; 2) I must take your photo with Halford now. Halford was just coming out, and Scott pushed me toward him. I felt uncomfortable. There was a line of fanboys before me with piles of records to be signed, and suddenly Halford had to take a photo break with this foreign fan. He did it reluctantly, then pushed me away, refusing to sign my CD.

~Guest 22710
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:17 pm 

I saw Obitury last week at a tiny venue I think the capacity is maybe 400 people, wasn’t even sold out (insane) got right on the barrier one of the best shows I’ve ever been too. Caught a pick from Trevor then right after the gig the band just came out to mingle with all the fans , met John Tardy and Trevor and got a picture with em both, didn’t wanna fanboy them so I just told em how awesome the show was got a quick picture and left but both were really cool nice guys!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 pm 

In the past couple years I've met these bands:

Skeletal Remains - have been a big fan of these guys since their first album came out, and have turned a bunch of my friends on to them. Was blown away by their set at MDF 2017 on Saturday at Ram's Head and told them so when I ran into them. They informed me that they would be playing again, on Sunday at Soundstage to replace War Master. I managed to catch that too, right up in the very front and it will go down in history, as one of the best shows I've ever seen just due to the intensity of it.

Sathanas - met the entire band, back in 2016 I think. They played at some shitty, no-name fest in Maryland...I was completely fucked out of my mind, barely knew where I was, but nonetheless I lost my mind to Sathanas, stood up front and banged my head from the first note to the last. It turns out I was literally the only guy at the entire fest who even bothered to watch them...they played to an empty room except for me. The guys were super nice though.

Internal Bleeding - at the same fest, I got to meet Chris Prevelis, told him how much I love "The Extinction of Benevolence" and that Prevaricate is my favorite IB song, he said it's one of his too. After the show he actually apologized to me, that they didn't play anything from that album :lol: what a great guy, for sure!

I also met:
LG Petrov of Entombed,
Steve Asheim & Jack Owen of Deicide

I believe I've already posted my only "negative" stories in years past, but here they are again for anybody new:
- I watched Tim Yeung throw a hissy fit when someone asked him to sign a copy of "Heretic" (he snarkily responded "YOU KNOW I'M NOT ON THIS RIGHT???"), and then later when I was talking to Trey outside their tour bus, I saw him storming out whining that nobody wanted his autograph before he slammed the door shut :lol:.
- I tried to buy a Master shirt from Paul Speckmann, for $15...I hand him a $20 and he suddenly bit my head off, got really annoyed with me because he didn't have change :lol:. Part of me sees where he's coming from, I've had to sell merch for my band too so I get how annoying it can be to deal with change, but my fucking god he acted like such a self-important prima donna about it. I was blown away that someone like him could have such an arrogant attitude. I was tempted to tell him that he hasn't written a good riff since 1991 but I figured I'm not confrontational enough, I guess :lol:.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 am 

_flow wrote:
I must include Halford here...

Met him in country X last tour; of course he's usually courteous, he signs people's records, he did sign mine. After one of the gigs, however, while waiting for Halford, I chatted casually with Scott Travis. To my surprise, when Scott realized I had traveled from country Z to country X to attend Priest, he said: 1) Whenever you want to see JP, anywhere in the world, text me; 2) I must take your photo with Halford now. Halford was just coming out, and Scott pushed me toward him. I felt uncomfortable. There was a line of fanboys before me with piles of records to be signed, and suddenly Halford had to take a photo break with this foreign fan. He did it reluctantly, then pushed me away, refusing to sign my CD.

Well, this explains a lot about all of your posts in the Firepower thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next