Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Versipellis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:37 pm 

I believe it is true, yes. RIP

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:40 pm 

Peter Steele is the new Andy Kaufman.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 pm 

Andy Kaufman, Peter Steele, Elvis Presley, 2pac Shakur, and Jesus Christ are all sitting around snorting coke and talking about how they pulled one over on us all by either faking their own deaths or dying and coming back to life, but never resurfacing.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm 

Eurnonymous wrote:
Andy Kaufman, Peter Steele, Elvis Presley, 2pac Shakur, and Jesus Christ are all sitting around snorting coke and talking about how they pulled one over on us all by either faking their own deaths or dying and coming back to life, but never resurfacing.

We should get to the easter island someday, I'm sure it's a great party. But who's Andy Kaufman?

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 pm 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Eurnonymous wrote:

We should get to the easter island someday, I'm sure it's a great party. But who's Andy Kaufman?

WHAWHAWHAT?? Who's Andy Kaufman?! The greatest IRL troll ever. He was a "comedian" that specialized in amusing only himself, and literally trolling people. This includes wrestling women who weren't in on the joke, humiliating his ex-girlfriend on television, fucking over the staff behind the show 'Fridays', having an old lady pretend to die on stage, and finally faking that he had cancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Kaufman

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Eurnonymous wrote:

WHAWHAWHAT?? Who's Andy Kaufman?! The greatest IRL troll ever. He was a "comedian" that specialized in amusing only himself, and literally trolling people. This includes wrestling women who weren't in on the joke, humiliating his ex-girlfriend on television, fucking over the staff behind the show 'Fridays', having an old lady pretend to die on stage, and finally faking that he had cancer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Kaufman

Lol at that last part. However, yeah, he was a real life troll and quite good at it too. There was a movie made about his life played by Jim Carrey about 10 years ago.

werebear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:36 pm 

I still can't believe he's not here anymore.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm 

werebear wrote:
I still can't believe he's not here anymore.

Thanks for bumping another dead guy thread. The reminder is really thrilling. :(

Hemispheres
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:40 pm 

you just contributed to the bumping as well so...
Reading his books is just exhausting. Detailed descriptions can be great, but in Lord of the Rings when Tolkien takes up an entire page to tell you exactly how a tree looks... just get on with it Tolkien, you sociopath.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:44 pm 

Only one sentence: One month is gone and there are still no details on what actually happened or the official cause of death...

Imo. the thread could stay open for future developments, but since there is nothing new, it perhaps was not the right time to double the sadness.

Last edited by Witcher on Sun May 16, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
werebear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:45 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Only one sentence: One month is gone and there are still no details on what actually happened or the official cause of death...

So you think the possibility is still open that it's another hoax?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm 

werebear wrote:
Witcher wrote:

So you think the possibility is still open that it's another hoax?

I do not know. But I know, that for example in case of the punk rocker Jay Reatard, who died in mid- January, the toxicology tests results were already available on February the 3rd (cocaine overdose).
As I see after this, maybe it will be best to lock it after all and possibly create a new one when something interesting or new appears on the matter.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:39 am 

Witcher wrote:

Other than heart failure. He was 48 years old and likely had some risk factors especially at that age. Details about it may not have been released because his family must opt to do so and if they wish to let that remain private that ought to be. I don't think it was related to drugs, but what is a common killer are undiscovered plaques that are only discovered when someone has a heart attack and only then treatable if they survive that heart attack.

But I'm not a doctor... so what do I know?

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:47 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
Witcher wrote:

Other than heart failure. He was 48 years old and likely had some risk factors especially at that age. Details about it may not have been released because his family must opt to do so and if they wish to let that remain private that ought to be. I don't think it was related to drugs, but what is a common killer are undiscovered plaques that are only discovered when someone has a heart attack and only then treatable if they survive that heart attack.

That was not the official cause of death, that was the speculation by band members. His family says directly that the cause of death was not determined yet.
The statement on the offical page has two parts.

Besides that, an inborn heart deffect is quite rare and usually prevalant among young babies:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Inborn-Heart- ... &id=284235

Naturally, your heart stops when you die suddenly. But there are usually underlying factors, which must be determined by the medical examiner.
Of course, the family has the right to keep it private, but you would still expect from the members some statement of the sort like Frankie Banali gave in 2007, that there cannot be Quiet Riot without Kevin (Peter wrote all music and lyrics for his both bands) and that he will remain in the music scene with other projects.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:32 am 

Witcher wrote:
Goatfangs wrote:
Witcher wrote:

That was not the official cause of death, that was the speculation by band members. His family says directly that the cause of death was not determined yet.
The statement on the offical page has two parts.

Besides that, an inborn heart deffect is quite rare and usually prevalant among young babies:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Inborn-Heart- ... &id=284235

Naturally, your heart stops when you die suddenly. But there are usually underlying factors, which must be determined by the medical examiner.
Of course, the family has the right to keep it private, but you would still expect from the members some statement of the sort like Frankie Banali gave in 2007, that there cannot be Quiet Riot without Kevin (Peter wrote all music and lyrics for his both bands) and that he will remain in the music scene with other projects.

Okay. I tried looking up any updates on his cause of death, nothing other than the words "Heart failure". If he still turns out to be alive and this is still some elaborate hoax, that's kind of a dick thing to do.

Then again, I knew someone who pretended to be dead over the internet for over two years. Surprisingly easy to do, at least back then before facebook and shit.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 am 

Yes, I agree with you, what I wanted to explain, was only, that I consider the lack of info/details strange, just like Dave Mustaine does in his Blabbermouth post. Only time will tell.

Last edited by Witcher on Mon May 17, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irimias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 am 

I'm quite skeptical myself.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:03 pm 

the problem with peter steele faking a death is that he is instantly recognizable. he's not some unknown, underground musician. he's taller than the Green Giant, wears green most of the time, looks like a vampire, talks like a vampire, had 2 of his teeth forged into fangs, is a vampire, and was a known figure in the Brooklyn area. it's not like he can walk around with sunglasses and a hat on and someone not say "IT'S PETER STEEEELE!!!" i mean, people know what this guys dick and butthole look like for fucks sake, that's how recognizable he is.

his faked death the first time around didn't last that long, and didn't really go beyond the website and the fanbase. this has been over a month now and had mainstream news attention. heart failure was the perfect way for him to die, given his past. the dude looked like shit for years, like he was ready for it. he likely started venturing into religion because he knew his time was coming. i wouldn't doubt if his family or friends just didn't want CNN or whoever to know all the details, it probably came as a huge shock to them personally and they wanted it to remain somewhat private. who cares if we don't know the date, time, and location of his funeral or grave.

sorry to have to bring this old thing up again...but i just can't believe people won't let it go. lock the thread or something.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:25 pm 

The interview with Full Metal Jackie is great, and hilarious. :lol: :(

Eurnonymous wrote:
lock the thread or something.

And lock Dio's one as well.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:

The king of sucky ideas. Please no!

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
kingnuuuur wrote:

The king of sucky ideas. Please no!

You catch on quite quickly!

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 pm 

I wonder if Peter Steele will become the new GG Allin for some people. If you don't know what I mean, after GG's overdose in 1993, people kept writing punk fanzines claiming to have spotted GG somewhere, working regular blue collar jobs or whatever. The theory was that his death was faked and was an attempt to escape the GG Allin image and lifestyle and start anew.

OnwardToGolgotha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 pm 

TadGhostal wrote:
I wonder if Peter Steele will become the new GG Allin for some people. If you don't know what I mean, after GG's overdose in 1993, people kept writing punk fanzines claiming to have spotted GG somewhere, working regular blue collar jobs or whatever. The theory was that his death was faked and was an attempt to escape the GG Allin image and lifestyle and start anew.
Apparantly Tupac, Elvis and Jesus are all alive too, make of that what you will.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:35 pm 

Type O Negative was one of the first bands I started listening to before I started to branch out.

TY Peter Steele for initially getting me into metal.

RIP

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:39 pm 

OnwardToGolgotha wrote:
TadGhostal wrote:
Apparantly Tupac, Elvis and Jesus are all alive too, make of that what you will.

Yeah, but hasn't Tupac released like 30 albums after he died? I'm starting to think he really is alive.

OnwardToGolgotha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:44 pm 

DrummingEdge133 wrote:
OnwardToGolgotha wrote:
TadGhostal wrote:

Yeah, but hasn't Tupac released like 30 albums after he died? I'm starting to think he really is alive.
:lol: Well played.

SlayEmAll1986
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 pm 

First Dio, and now Steele? What is happening!? The world is ending.

R.I.P. Dio and Steele Rock on my Metal friends :metal:

Irimias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 pm 

SlayEmAll1986 wrote:

Someone has been under a rock for the last couple of weeks...

SlayEmAll1986
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:48 am 

Irimias wrote:
SlayEmAll1986 wrote:

Someone has been under a rock for the last couple of weeks...

I haven't payed much attention to metal news recently. I guess I should start.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:17 am 

SlayEmAll1986 wrote:

Actually, it's first Steele, now Dio.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 am 

O.K., mods, please lock this thread. When the band decides to make a closing statement or release more info, a new one can be made, but we would not do anything but speculate here or repeat what was already sain.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8