Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Incalus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:06 pm 

Ok, folks...

I´m going direct to the point.....

Which is the best band?

I think both bands deserve more recognition.

SJDJ
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm 

In all honesty.... I lack the vision to see what the point of this post really is. You are comparing two different bands and subsequently you are gonna get nothing but answers that contain one or two words on which is "best". Instead of two word answers you should strive for more of a discussion based thread me thinks...

That being said I will throw in my one word answer: Savatage.

Back when my masturbating to 13 year old girls wasn't considered perverse.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:47 pm 

I think that Virgin Steele are objectively better in this case. Savatage have two albums I'd give a 5/5 score (Hall of the Mountain King, Edge of Thorns) and a ton of shitty/weaker ones, especially the abomination that is Streets. Virgin Steele have like five albums I'd give a 5/5 score (everything from Marriage to Atreus), and maybe like one or two albums that aren't good, which I haven't heard yet anyway. Now, I know that's just a personal scoring preference but...can you really say Savatage are superior, honestly? Virgin Steele are better because they simply have better songwriting and a wider scope of vision. Not dissing Savatage...too much...but VS take the cake.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 pm 

No, no, no. We said a while back that if a "versus" thread is going to work, it has to set forth with clear indications of what criteria the debate is supposed to focus on, and there must be some sort of common ground between the opposing sides. There was one fairly successful thread we had where Judas Priest was set up against Iron Maiden on the basis of which was more influential, original, and consistent.

Anyway, this thread clearly hasn't made the effort.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.