Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm 

EntilZha wrote:
SpyreWorks wrote:
Fucking hell, EntilZha, you know exactly what he means, stop bullshitting around.

I was joking you moron. Is TheShredsOfSanity contagious?

I guess I'm not in the mood for jokes.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:57 pm 

TheShredsOfSanity wrote:
HELLO! My opinion is that these idiots acted like animals! Did you read that? That's my opinion. I'm not asking you to agree with me. I don't mind your opinions because that's your right to express it. I'm not here looking to piss people off, I'm just expressing my opinion. I can also say that black metal sucks and I'm sure m,any people whould start name calling and getting butthurt. It's my OPINION! Christ! HAHA

A human's natural instinct to evade harm is unsatisfactory and immature behavior. Corporations with nothing but dollars signs in their eyes have a more valid view of a situation (without even being present for said situation), than civilians amidst the commotion. These are the only opinions I've seen you claim.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm 

TheShredsOfSanity wrote:
I respect every single persons opinions on this message board. It's just irritating that when someone opposes their opinion all of the sudden they are wrong. Who has the power to say who or what is wrong or right?

No, what is irritating is when someone posts their opinion and it is so ignorant and obviously written by someone sheltered and who has no idea what they are talking about, and then when people try to point out what could be wrong with their view on the subject, that they act like some sort of martyr just because, "I'm voicing my opinion, and I'm older than you, kid!" when everyone has been shitting on them for being ignorant and even pretty insulting.

Just admit that you don't know what you are talking about and leave it be, we don't respect your "opinion" because it's so fucking backasswards.

Lamb Chop
Sheri's hand is cold as the grave!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
TheShredsOfSanity wrote:
HELLO! My opinion is that these idiots acted like animals! Did you read that? That's my opinion. I'm not asking you to agree with me. I don't mind your opinions because that's your right to express it. I'm not here looking to piss people off, I'm just expressing my opinion. I can also say that black metal sucks and I'm sure m,any people whould start name calling and getting butthurt. It's my OPINION! Christ! HAHA

A human's natural instinct to evade harm is unsatisfactory and immature behavior. Corporations with nothing but dollars signs in their eyes have a more valid view of a situation (without even being present for said situation), than civilians amidst the commotion. These are the only opinions I've seen you claim.
This this doesn't make sense, I'll just say Bolt Thrower is HEAVY!

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm 

TheShredsOfSanity wrote:
SpyreWorks wrote:
Fucking hell, EntilZha, you know exactly what he means, stop bullshitting around.

I'm not supporting Shreds' views or anything, but avoiding what he's saying in such a stupid manner is completely unacceptable.
I respect every single persons opinions on this message board. It's just irritating that when someone opposes their opinion all of the sudden they are wrong. Who has the power to say who or what is wrong or right?

You can play that game if you wish. I do believe in rights and wrongs. If Einstein says "E equals m times c squared" and Ann Coulter says "E equals whatever Bush says E equals", you may say those are just two different opinions. I tend to favour the scientifically falsifyable over the random bullshit and sort the two into the categories "right" and "wrong". To each their own.

Lamb Chop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
TheShredsOfSanity wrote:

No, what is irritating is when someone posts their opinion and it is so ignorant and obviously written by someone sheltered and who has no idea what they are talking about, and then when people try to point out what could be wrong with their view on the subject, that they act like some sort of martyr just because, "I'm voicing my opinion, and I'm older than you, kid!" when everyone has been shitting on them for being ignorant and even pretty insulting.

Just admit that you don't know what you are talking about and leave it be, we don't respect your "opinion" because it's so fucking backasswards.
A persons opinion cannot be wrong. If you knew me you would know I am far from sheltered. I have traveled and done so much in my life and experienced so many different cultures. Just leave it alone and realize that you arent going to agree on everyones opinions. They are neither wrong nor right, it's as simple as that. I still stand by my opinion on the matter and will never change my mind. Give up.

SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:06 pm 

TheShredsOfSanity, what do you think would have been a more appropriate action for the people attacked by the Police?

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

TheShredsOfSanity wrote:
TheGrimWombat wrote:
TheShredsOfSanity wrote:

A persons opinion cannot be wrong. If you knew me you would know I am far from sheltered. I have traveled and done so much in my life and experienced so many different cultures. Just leave it alone and realize that you arent going to agree on everyones opinions. They are neither wrong nor right, it's as simple as that. I still stand by my opinion on the matter and will never change my mind. Give up.

Problem is, there were witnesses there, people who can disprove your opinion. What proof do you need, the media telling you it was a misunderstanding? There is a difference between an opinion and I believe the media over people who were there, it's not like you have some information and build your own opinion out of it.

But if several people who were there are saying that it happened just like that, the worst that could have happened is a "couple" of people doing bad things which enraged the police and treated everyone as criminals. But since everything was going fine and it happened in a moment's notice, it means there wasn't big time rioting happening, that's enough for me to not believe what the media are telling.

Last edited by Evil_Johnny_666 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheEmeraldFirmament
Mallcore Kid

TheShredsOfSanity wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
TheShredsOfSanity wrote:

This this doesn't make sense, I'll just say Bolt Thrower is HEAVY!

Actually his point is quite valid. You were initially very proselytistic about your so-called opinion, making several posts claiming that these people were savages like you were some sort of authority on the conditions of Chile. Yet when people show their disagreement and attempt to counter your opinion you suddenly took offense. Now you have resorted to half-assed sarcastic comebacks because you seem to have lost that immense level of maturity you were gloating earlier.

Lamb Chop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:07 pm 

SpyreWorks wrote:
TheShredsOfSanity, what do you think would have been a more appropriate action for the people attacked by the Police?
To leave the scene to avoid getting in further trouble. Rioting is just sinking to their level and makes you just as guilty as they are.

Veddartha
Apocalyptic Destroyer of Angels

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:07 pm 

EntilZha wrote:
When's the last time you've seen a giraffe crash gates at a Metallica show? Got a YouTube link?

I would pay an insane amount of money just to make that come true.

Since this thread has derailed into rampant stupidty I would like to talk to my fellow latinamerican friends from Chile about their situation after the Earthqueake. Are the looting in the supermarkets over? Is it true that you are again on Tsunami alert? Also, the earthquake affected the big cities or only small towns. I hope you guys are ok; I have a friend living in Santiago so we got really worried when all this awful stuff happened.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:09 pm 

TheShredsofSanity wrote:
I still stand by my opinion on the matter and will never change my mind.

So why are you even here?

Last edited by failsafeman on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5