Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Whackooyzero
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 pm 

NecroFile wrote:
DGYDP wrote:
tomcat_ha wrote:
Demolition hammer averages 200 bpm+ at least.

That's still normal, it would have to be +260 to be really exceptional. I can't think of that many bands besides Fastkill or Origin that can compete. Ofcourse you could play in quarter notes at 300 bpm like many do, but that doesn't really count. Similarly you could play in sixteenth notes at 150 bpm, it depends on what the OP means with "fast". Is it number of notes hit per minute? Beats per minute? Drums or guitar? Etc. We need more information to give the OP what he wants, because bpm alone certainly doesn't cut it.

Whackooyzero wrote:
For example, "Ram It Down" by priest is actually 300 bpm, but the drums aren't playing each click.

What? Ram It Down is around 200-220, max.

I counted Ram it Down's snare beat for a minute and it seems to be around 140-150bpm. Not so fast at all.

It can be hard to judge the speed of Judas Priest songs (especially from the Scott Travis era), since the timing gets a bit ambiguous. I used to think that Painkiller was 220bpm, but then I realised that the beat isn't split and it's only 110bpm (like Ram it Down, the beat is counted on each snare hit).

The all-time fastest Judas Priest song seems to be Jugulator. Most of the song is 120bpm, but there are patches here and there where the tempo doubles and Scott Travis blasts out double bass at 240bpm. (Listen to "Iron claws, fangs of steel" etc).

I don't know but I used a guitar pro of it, and at 300 it sounded right. But it could be at half speed, but it only seemed to sound right at 300 but that might've been because it's guitar pro.:scratch:

Eurnonymous on Eparistera Daimones wrote:
rumor has it that Tom Warrior's massive guitar tone on this album has been the cause of all the major earthquakes happening worldwide.

ggallin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:30 pm 

pretty sure anal cunt have it. or impaled northern moonforest haha. don't know about slayer. actually sludge metal is the fastest haha.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 pm 

Judging only by something that would be deemed remotly metal and has all real instrumentation I would say hands down Last Days of Humanity - Putrefaction in Progress. I used to talk to Marc Palmen (the drummer) he was a crazy individual, check out his band Urine Festival really sick.

However my friend listens to all different kinds of music including alot of terrorcore and speedcore, and I have to say some of the speedcore he used to listen raped LDOH.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 pm 

harbringer wrote:
OlioTheSmall wrote:
Only speedcore is real.

Yup. Did the OP mean in metal or in general? If it's the whole sphere of music, metal isn't the fastest by a long shot. Extratone is a step above speedcore. It's 1000+ bpm music.. I don't know of anything faster than extratone.

Extratone, jesus that's fast. It'd be the fastest one if it was actually music. Sounds more like a machine gun recording on Atari.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3