Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 pm 

MetalHeadNorm wrote:
MetalSupremacy wrote:
So you think that if a man complains about what another man is wearing, it automatically means he is attracted to other men?

You think otherwise?? Men have no business telling other men how to dress or making negative comments about their choice of style. If one of my friends was suddenly like "hey Norm I can't believe the way your dress" I would totally have him as a homo suspect.

Actually the discomfort you display with your sexuality makes me think you're a latent homo yourself. You seem like the kind of guy who'd be too paranoid to use the word "fabulous" lest anyone question your orientation.

Carcass101
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm 

So, no word from Rose Funeral themselves regarding the incident? Any other "happenings" at their shows on this tour since then?

HeathenThrone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm 

MetalHeadNorm wrote:
MetalSupremacy wrote:
So you think that if a man complains about what another man is wearing, it automatically means he is attracted to other men?

You think otherwise?? Men have no business telling other men how to dress or making negative comments about their choice of style. If one of my friends was suddenly like "hey Norm I can't believe the way your dress" I would totally have him as a homo suspect.

Im a dude, and this kid at school wears what pretty much resembles and SS trenchcoat and I commented on it and told him he looks like a Nazi. I guess im gay.

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 pm 

Carcass101 wrote:
So, no word from Rose Funeral themselves regarding the incident? Any other "happenings" at their shows on this tour since then?

The drummer defends the band a lot on YouTube I've heard, forgot his name there, something with "Rose".

EDIT: Something with "Funeral", actually: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dalethefuneral

SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:46 pm 

I love how his comments are all Uno/Anti Rose Funeral remarks

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 pm 

EntilZha wrote:
Carcass101 wrote:

The drummer defends the band a lot on YouTube I've heard, forgot his name there, something with "Rose".

EDIT: Something with "Funeral", actually: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dalethefuneral

Isn't that the bassist's page.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:09 am 

Jeez.....:rolleyes:

~Guest 199766
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 am 

So...can this get more fans than Rose Funeral?

This happened in Tulsa?! Only an hour away, and I missed it?:durr:

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 am 

DeathCroak wrote:
Quote:
It's nothing to do with that, I just think comments of that kind are extremely juvenile. And they give further credence to all of the idiots out there who hate metal and call us homophobic and/or racist assholes, when most of us are people just like anyone else.

God I'm sick of people using the word homophobe, theres nothing homophobic about using gay as an insult. It is insulting to straight men, because it isn't possitive for a straight man to be called a homosexual. When I use the word fag, I in know way do it to demeane gays, being called gay is only negative if your straight, get it!

+1 Exactly what I would have said. People need to get their heads out of their arses and stop crying "homophobe!!!" or "racist!!!!" at every little thing.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:38 am 

Nolan_B wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
It's Sarcofago.

Metal is home to some of the most awesomely bad fashion styles.

:gay:

Sarcofago's wardress is not a fashion style, it's a metal celebration. Though, it must be pretty hard to be "Ready to Fuck" when you've got a lot of spikes, procupines, and bullets to take off.

Metal celebration? :lol:

CaptainHook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 am 

DeathCroak wrote:

God I'm sick of people using the word homophobe, theres nothing homophobic about using gay as an insult. It is insulting to straight men, because it isn't possitive for a straight man to be called a homosexual. When I use the word fag, I in know way do it to demeane gays, being called gay is only negative if your straight, get it!

Considering gay people don't like being called "fags," yes, you are demeaning them. There's nothing wrong with being homosexual so why use it as an insult?

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 am 

CaptainHook wrote:
DeathCroak wrote:

Considering gay people don't like being called "fags," yes, you are demeaning them. There's nothing wrong with being homosexual so why use it as an insult?

Haven't you heard, FAGS EAT POOP. WBC said so.

This is a metal forum, we are here to discuss metal (a metal celebration, if you will), nobody cares about discussions about if certain slangs are appropriate. This is a forum for metal celebration, making fun of heinouskillings666, and Uno.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 am 

Nolan_B wrote:
CaptainHook wrote:
DeathCroak wrote:

Haven't you heard, FAGS EAT POOP. WBC said so.

This is a metal forum, we are here to discuss metal (a metal celebration, if you will), nobody cares about discussions about if certain slangs are appropriate. This is a forum for metal celebration, making fun of heinouskillings666, and Uno.

How the fuck did I get involved in this? Haha. FOAD.

On the "Is gay and fag demeaning to gays when used as an insult?" discussion, I'll go with no. It's simply something people take too seriously, along with use of the word retarded. My current english teacher will literally make you spend an entire class period in a special education classroom if you refer to anything as "gay" or "retarded", even if it's obviously just a slip of the tounge, or force of habit. I've had to do this before. Shows how idiotic PC people can get. I frequently use gay as an insult. However, I harbor no disdain towards homosexuality, and have never claimed to. Any gay who is truly offended or pissed off by my use of that can fuck right off, as I make it clear it's not an insult for them.

Enough derail, though. Maybe someone should move the gay discussion to the FFA, seems like an interesting debate.

Gallows_Hymn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:21 am 

Pass_The_Peace_Pipe wrote:
So...can this get more fans than Rose Funeral?

This happened in Tulsa?! Only an hour away, and I missed it?:durr:

Holy shit, Shaun Gunter from Woe of Tyrants joined that page?

Fucking epic! :lol:

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:58 pm 

It occurs to me that the whole point of an insult is precisely to be demeaning. Hence, the presumption should be that slurs like 'fag,' at the very least, are demeaning until proven otherwise by common usage. I highly doubt that has happened yet.

Stronthor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:12 pm 

for fuck's sake, open a separate topic for this whole homosexual insult thing. this topic is about a bunch of deathcore dumbdicks beating up their audience.

CaptainHook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:10 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
metal celebration

I think I'm done with this forum. Ban me please.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 pm 

CaptainHook wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
metal celebration

I think I'm done with this forum. Ban me please.

Ok. This thread is done too. Too much idiotic posting. You have some real sensitive people here, like CaptainHook, who can't separate idiots from those with sense. So he takes everything so literal when an idiot posts something inherently dumb in nature.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9