Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BloodandDope
ANTIFA Cheerleader (now with PMS!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 pm 

Pippin_Took wrote:
The saddest thing about this whole "scene" business is that all it takes is for someone to post an example on this forum, and 20-30 people immediately come in and post about how shit it is. There's very little constructive or intelligent commenting in here, it's just whine after whine... No one who matters ought to care what's going on in trendy scenes, they're harmless in the most part and without some kind of mainstream exposure to what I'll call "metal", however diluted and "shit" and "scenester" and whatever else we label it as, the music isn't going to get as much of an audience. And it is totally arrogant, elitist and plain wrong for those of us who are discerning in the metal we listen to, to imagine that it's meant solely for our consumption and to look down on those who'd aspire towards it, however they do so.

Or maybe its just fun to make fun of scenesters?

SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 pm 

BloodandDope wrote:
Pippin_Took wrote:
The saddest thing about this whole "scene" business is that all it takes is for someone to post an example on this forum, and 20-30 people immediately come in and post about how shit it is. There's very little constructive or intelligent commenting in here, it's just whine after whine... No one who matters ought to care what's going on in trendy scenes, they're harmless in the most part and without some kind of mainstream exposure to what I'll call "metal", however diluted and "shit" and "scenester" and whatever else we label it as, the music isn't going to get as much of an audience. And it is totally arrogant, elitist and plain wrong for those of us who are discerning in the metal we listen to, to imagine that it's meant solely for our consumption and to look down on those who'd aspire towards it, however they do so.

This :lol:

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:23 pm 

Jormungandr_Sorvali wrote:
SweetSilence wrote:
black_blunt wrote:
its like a plague that spreads crappiness. they tried to infect metal in general, moved on to target death, so the next logical step would be thrash. and probably black metal as well....

There are already a bunch of scenesters at my school that call deathcore "black metal."

ME TOO!!
That self proclaimed "satanist" who is always sporting Suicide Silence shirts claims that WhiteChapel is Black Metal. And SS is blackened death.

This is basically it.

Edit: Story time! I showed my friend (who pretty much listens solely to Suicide Silence, Beneath the Sky, etc) MA about a month ago. He texted me a week after like "dude did you know that Suicide Silence isn't even on the metal-archives at all?"

It's things like this that give me no hope for humanity.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 pm 

BloodandDope wrote:
Pippin_Took wrote:

It's certainly fun, but there's a large contingent of people who take the existence of scenesters as a personal insult. And so, "making fun of scenesters for the hell of it" becomes something more than it really needs to be.

Sifor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:10 am 

Hellrisen wrote:
Thrashcore is already a genre, Apathetic Ronald McDonald for instant is one of those bands that fall under the umbrella of thrashcore.

Thrashcore is actually quite decent. The name is really quite misleading.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 am 

Sifor wrote:
Hellrisen wrote:
Thrashcore is already a genre, Apathetic Ronald McDonald for instant is one of those bands that fall under the umbrella of thrashcore.

Thrashcore is actually quite decent. The name is really quite misleading.

I specifically avoided saying thashcore because I know it exists.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 am 

Scourge441 wrote:
BloodandDope wrote:
Pippin_Took wrote:

It's certainly fun, but there's a large contingent of people who take the existence of scenesters as a personal insult. And so, "making fun of scenesters for the hell of it" becomes something more than it really needs to be.

No, we just like to laugh at them for being gay little wannabees.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 am 

Even though they're not all that amusing and it's gotten quite stale by now. But hey, it's fun to recycle the same ideas over and over.
Hehe, foreskins.

ScourgeOfDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 am 

Crick wrote:
But hey, it's fun to recycle the same ideas over and over.

Really?

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:28 am 

ScourgeOfDeath wrote:
Crick wrote:
But hey, it's fun to recycle the same ideas over and over.

Really?

Well, it does explain metalcore, deathcore and Ov Hell's album.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 am 

I hope this becomes REALLY popular. To the point where everyone at school shows up in a denim jacket with Bullet For My Valentine patches.

Voice_of_Reason
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 am 

Yep. Then when it crashes metal will never be mainstream again. Excellent plan.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:50 am 

Metal will never be mainstream. :wink:

MaliciousAwesome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:57 am 

What kind of person fools themselves into thinking this is even remotely thrash? I mean.. it... dammit this is annoying.

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:01 am 

Nolan_B wrote:
I hope this becomes REALLY popular. To the point where everyone at school shows up in a denim jacket with Bullet For My Valentine patches.

:ugh: Seems like the next logical (mis)step.

@Faster... Viewing such an atrocity like "Tetrarch" possesses me to praise and worship the idea of the 2012 apocalypse. It better fucking happen. :P Furthermore... just keep repeating the phrase, "I don't believe in (insert band name)" about 13 times, really fast, and eventually they'll disappear into nothingness. Ah.. what a joke.

Voice_of_Reason
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:37 am 

Adriankat wrote:
Metal will never be mainstream. :wink:

I wish I could be so naive.

Phillipe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:38 am 

It all started here:

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 am 

Where ya been, guys? Metalcore scenesters have been abusing the term "thrash" for ages.

Voice_of_Reason
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 am 

We know, it's just that we've only now started a thread addressing the fact.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 am 

:ugh:

No use caring. Scenesters are just like every other trendy kid. In 5 years it will be something new that we all hate and despise. I'll continue to not give a fuck and go back to listening to Viogression.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2