Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ThrashTilDeath3
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am 

I walked into a local record/comic shop that was playing Skyclad, a band I never heard of at the time.

serpentor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 am 

trench hell- southern cross ripper
....amazing album

Twisted_Fate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:09 pm 

While I was looking around at the local flea market I came across this guy selling all these old thrash/heavy metal demos. I bought 'em all and one of them was Deceased- Birth By Radiation original demo. At the time I had never heard of the band. I popped it in my tape deck and was like blown away. Never again will I underestimate them.

WakeUpDead66
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 pm 

defyexistance wrote:
M3TALMANIAC750 wrote:
This recently happened with me with the band Nokturnal Mortum. I first got their album called "Goat Horns." I was impressed but not thoroughly awed. After some surfing the metal archives and reading reviews I decided to download the demo entitled Lunar Poetry.
This album blew me away... I love it.

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!! I love Lunar Poetry so much more than Goat Horns. It was the album cover of Goat Horns that drew me in.
How very strange.

When I was first getting into metal, and my idea of metal was Disturbed, I somehow heard of the black metal band Black Funeral. I searched them on google and got a bunch of results for Dark Funeral instead. One site had free downloads of the songs Armageddon Finally Comes, Hail Murder, and one other song. I downloaded it and it scared the crap out of me. But I was hooked nonetheless.

Dude yeah!!! About a year ago my friends told me about a band called Nokturnal Mortum, but i never really listened to them up until a month ago, as i am not that big of a BM fan...but the first thing i said after listening to the album of Lunar Poetry and i quote, "Fuck! Nokturnal Mortum, where the hell have you been all my life?!"

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2