Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
harbringer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 pm 

demisetheflesh wrote:
I was at school one day and the teacher infront of the class I was going to say that I was wearing my Eaten Back To Life shirt and stopped me. The first thing that I expected was being told to take it off or zip up my jacket. She literally said, "Thats one of the best damned albums out there!" I was utterly shocked that this mild mannered looking woman in what appeared to be mid to late 50s listened to Cannibal Corpse's work, so we started talking about metal through the ages and found out that the old school death metal and black metal bands were her favorites, and how "as good as Devourment is, they signaled the decline in quality of death metal." So I ended up being late to class, but the teacher wrote me a pass and it was all good!

Wow best story by a long shot. That is badass.

MorbidSepulDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:20 pm 

harbringer wrote:
demisetheflesh wrote:
I was at school one day and the teacher infront of the class I was going to say that I was wearing my Eaten Back To Life shirt and stopped me. The first thing that I expected was being told to take it off or zip up my jacket. She literally said, "Thats one of the best damned albums out there!" I was utterly shocked that this mild mannered looking woman in what appeared to be mid to late 50s listened to Cannibal Corpse's work, so we started talking about metal through the ages and found out that the old school death metal and black metal bands were her favorites, and how "as good as Devourment is, they signaled the decline in quality of death metal." So I ended up being late to class, but the teacher wrote me a pass and it was all good!

Wow best story by a long shot. That is badass.

She's a narc, man. Don't fall for it. :)

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm 

mjaeltbrand wrote:
He was wearing a jacket with an Ahab patch with the logo and "Sail and kill" :lol:

My gf is buying my that patch and the limited shirt for my birthday. Can't WAIT for it to come! :D

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:15 am 

So I went into a Sports Authority to buy some shoes today and the guy working there noticed my "Morbid Tales" hoodie, so we started talking about metal and it turns out he was really into it. He liked everything from Dio and Sabbath to Morbid Angel and Incantation. Needless to say I was really taken by surprise.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2