Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shibby2441
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:19 am 

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:06 am 

will be there. looks awesome.

sixhundredand66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm 

is that the entire lineup? i feel like last years had way more bands. that show may be worthy of a 12 hour road trip.

Necropleasurist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:07 pm 

That line-up looks tasty.

Zeroflux
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm 

I died a little inside by looking at that poster. That is the shittiest piece of graphic design I have ever seen in my entire life. I could of done a much better job for free.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm 

Don't really care for this much because I won't be going, but I saw Lightning Swords of Death on there and have to say this: it's pretty typical black metal, but you guys will love the bassist. He's sick as hell and will steal the entire show for you; all the other members are busy doing their own personal things while he'll be tearing it up for the crowd and going berserk.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:31 pm 

So how does this work? There's different bands playing at different venues along High Street? I'm really confused how the scheduling works.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm 

Weak lineup other than Thou and Absu.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm 

Zeroflux wrote:
I died a little inside by looking at that poster. That is the shittiest piece of graphic design I have ever seen in my entire life. I could of done a much better job for free.

The background/graphic works well and is interesting, and the type layout works well. Shut your trap.

Hemispheres
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 pm 

I wonder how Acrassicuida will sound...I'm also wondering if they're in touch with Jason Newsted of Voivod. Their recognition for sticking it out through the Middle East in the documentary "heavy metal in bagdad" has made them known...James Hetfield gave them one of his guitars signed backstage at a Metallica gig. They're meeting people I think.

Malacoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Don't really care for this much because I won't be going, but I saw Lightning Swords of Death on there and have to say this: it's pretty typical black metal, but you guys will love the bassist. He's sick as hell and will steal the entire show for you; all the other members are busy doing their own personal things while he'll be tearing it up for the crowd and going berserk.

I saw them open for Behemoth, and they sucked. He did a little cover of "Eruption" on his bass and completely ruined the song. The crowd hated them, and rightfully so.

7IHd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm 

Too bad it's in fuckin' Ohio. Looks pretty tight. Would love to see YOB.

"A vulture feeds upon that heart forever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Skuld_norn_valkyrie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:48 pm 

Something in Ohio? Free? I'm there.

MaliciousAwesome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:32 pm 

Wasn't last years 18/21+.. i can't remember which one it was.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:32 pm 

Malacoda wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

I saw them open for Behemoth, and they sucked. He did a little cover of "Eruption" on his bass and completely ruined the song. The crowd hated them, and rightfully so.

Really? Damn, they where loved in Portland, there guitarist got pissed at the speaker infront cause the sound guy never turned it down and he slammed it down, we all laughed.

crackityjones66
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:44 am 

Maryland Deathfest is looking nicer than this, im probably gonna go to that instead.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 am 

The lineup it's not so bad, but Maryland Deathfest always look nice to me

zuke2323
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 am 

I might be checking this out. It's only an hour drive for me and there's some good stuff. Plus it's free so why not?

Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:11 pm 

Cannibal Corpse, DRI and Pelican at the same show? That's awesome.

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:48 pm 

I RSVPed the other day. I doubt I'd go if it wasn't free and if Columbus wasn't about an hour's drive, but seeing as it is, why not? My friends and I will probably head into Columbus earlier in the day for lunch, raid the Half Price Books in the area, and then show up to the fest.

And yeah, the venues are all pretty far apart on High Street. I'm figuring on picking whichever venue looks best in terms of lineup (whenever this gets announced) and hanging there most of the day. Would love to see Voivod, Brutal Truth, Absu, and DRI most of all. Gonna try for Cannibal Corpse, Shrinebuilder, Thou and a couple others out of curiosity.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:40 am 

God dammit this blows. The first Scion Rock Fest last year was in Atlanta 30 minutes from my house, now they decided to fucking change it all the way up to Ohio. Damn, this lineup is solid too. Fuckers.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 am 

Are there not many Ludicra fans here? They're one of the best on the bill.

Zeroflux
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:59 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Zeroflux wrote:

The background/graphic works well and is interesting, and the type layout works well. Shut your trap.

LOL, don't get so worked up. I'd really like to see you in the CG industry...you would fail to the point that employers would laugh at you hysterically.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 pm 

Zeroflux wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:
Zeroflux wrote:

LOL, don't get so worked up. I'd really like to see you in the CG industry...you would fail to the point that employers would laugh at you hysterically.

That's a composite image, you idiot. I'm in the graphic design business, actually. Maybe you don't know since you're new, but you shouldn't waltz into threads and idiotically hate and complain about shit that's not entirely relevant to the discussion at hand. You will certainly look much less retarded.

AlexMercer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 pm 

I saw liturgy in there.
Liturgy from chicago?

wicked-ways
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:04 pm 

Wow, I can can actually make it to this one but NO ONLY 1/4 VENUES ARE ALL AGES GODDAMMIT!

AcidBiker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:40 am 

Looks like a pretty solid line up. I'd love to see Shrinebuilder, YOB, Pelican and Voivod. I've seen 3IOB twice, and they're also fantastic live.

Zeroflux wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:
Zeroflux wrote:

You're the one whining about the poster for a show, rather than giving your input on the show itself. No one gives a shit about your boring graphic design career. I don't see anything wrong with it, but maybe I would if I were a pretentious wad of used douche.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:29 am 

Sokaris wrote:
So how does this work? There's different bands playing at different venues along High Street? I'm really confused how the scheduling works.

The way I took it was that its pretty much Four different bars all the bands get seperated in different venues and you kinda bar hop(which is fucking awesome) to see the bands you want, some of the venues are 21+ it says on the website others are 18+

and I assume its liturgy from NYC the post BM one.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:51 am 

deicidefan wrote:
Sokaris wrote:

The way I took it was that its pretty much Four different bars all the bands get seperated in different venues and you kinda bar hop(which is fucking awesome) to see the bands you want, some of the venues are 21+ it says on the website others are 18+

and I assume its liturgy from NYC the post BM one.

Hmm, sounds cool. If I got there early I could spend some time at Magnolia Thunderpussy, it's right beside Skully's. Amazing CD store, haven't been there in probably five years or more.

EDIT: Something else just popped in my head- why is Scion sponsoring a metal fest?

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 pm 

Sokaris wrote:
EDIT: Something else just popped in my head- why is Scion sponsoring a metal fest?

To broaden their customer base. They figure that they could possibly persuade a few metalheads to buy one of their cars.

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 pm 

Razakel wrote:

It would help if people actually had a clue as to who they are.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:05 pm 

MaliciousAwesome wrote:
Wasn't last years 18/21+.. i can't remember which one it was.

nope. the one in atlanta was all ages. cool line-up. wish it was in atlanta again
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Necropleasurist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm 

I would goto this show just for Absu, Black Anvil, and Pelican. This also isn't too bad a line-up, and people are complaining way too much..

TeRRorBld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:47 pm 

I see Acrassicauda in the line-up. Isn't that the band from Heavy Metal In Baghdad?

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 pm 

Necropleasurist wrote:
I would goto this show just for Absu, Black Anvil, and Pelican. This also isn't too bad a line-up, and people are complaining way too much..

No shit. It is free after all. If you live reasonably close to the event, then what's your excuse for not going?

shibby2441
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 am 

Razakel wrote:

:nods:

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 pm 

The scheduling looks like a disaster so far. Right now, I'm shooting to see DRI, Voivod or Magrudergrind, and Brutal Truth.

Lepernicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 pm 

That is shitty scheduling... it would be nice if they staggered the set times so that people can wander from one venue to another (I'm assuming they're all close by) to catch other sets instead of waiting and watching bands set up.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 am 

Bad schedualing. I wonder why they don't start the festival much earlier so less bands would be playing at the same time.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 am 

What kind of malevolent bastard makes people choose between Brutal Truth and Absu?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next