Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:52 am 

Bathory. And no, this is not blasphemy. I do REALLY like their pre-Hammerheart material, I just likebut their viking albums more (I'm not mentioning Octagon and Requim for a reason).
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

Tea_and_Crumpets
"Fail" is a sentence fragment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 am 

Amon Amarth (although their old stuff is great as well)
Dark Tranquillity
High On Fire
Falkenbach
Death (controversial choice, but they defiantly stayed good)
Behemoth
Agalloch

DoomDoll
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:16 am 

I know so many people who would say Judas Priest, but I cannot DISAGREE more. Their early stuff was fantastic. Sad Wings of Destiny? Come on now! All that Judas Priest does is good, but I love their early stuff especially.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 am 

DoomDoll wrote:
I know so many people who would say Judas Priest, but I cannot DISAGREE more. Their early stuff was fantastic. Sad Wings of Destiny? Come on now! All that Judas Priest does is good, but I love their early stuff especially.

I think it's just that the people who prefer later Priest are a different sort of crowd. You know, to them Priest is all about fun rockers and banging in the arena (hah hah) and not flying through the solar winds beyond the realms of death. Their loss. :)
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

AlexMercer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 am 

Cenotaph (Turkey), Devourment.

MrEdifus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 pm 

I'm going to have to say Death as well. Everything from Human onwards was so much better than the first couple albums. Symbolic and Sound were the best.

in_human_form
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
DoomDoll wrote:

I think it's just that the people who prefer later Priest are a different sort of crowd. You know, to them Priest is all about fun rockers and banging in the arena (hah hah) and not flying through the solar winds beyond the realms of death. Their loss. :)

I've noticed that people who don't like Priest tend to only have heard those 80s records like British Steel or Turbo. It's a shame the early albums are ignored.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:00 pm 

in_human_form wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
DoomDoll wrote:

I've noticed that people who don't like Priest tend to only have heard those 80s records like British Steel or Turbo. It's a shame the early albums are ignored.

They're not ignored though...I mean, just about every metal musician worth his salt loves and acknowledges those albums and the influence they've had on the genre. The people who seem to be ignoring this material most of all, sadly, seem to be Priest themselves.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 am 

Immortal
Death
Suffocation
Monstrosity
Amon Amarth

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3