Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:12 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7FBFhaljXA

Not long to this is released, I believe there is approx 3.5 hours of live footage as well as a documentry, judging by this trailer it seems to be well shot, nice camera views, also one which looks like it is coming from within the crowd, pity their is no live audio on the trailer but I expect it to be high quality as per most of Primordial's work, so who's looking forward to this release?

RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:25 pm 

I don't feel like checking out that trailer just because I hardly check out trailers, but I am also very excited for this. Primordial epitomize excellence and I will certainly buy this when it is released. I hope they come back to the states next year to support this.

Jormungandr_Sorvali
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 pm 

I can not wait.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:48 pm 

That trailer is useless, but I have no doubt this will be a great DVD. I've heard Primordial are brilliant live.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 pm 

Razakel wrote:
That trailer is useless, but I have no doubt this will be a great DVD. I've heard Primordial are brilliant live.

I was at that gig. It was fantastic. They generally are an outstanding live band, yes; I far prefer them in concert than on CD.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:20 pm 

ForNaught wrote:
Razakel wrote:

I was at that gig. It was fantastic. They generally are an outstanding live band, yes; I far prefer them in concert than on CD.

Is that the only show on the DVD? What was the setlist like?

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:28 pm 

I don't really know much about the DVD, but it looks like it's just that show. It was pretty long though.

I've been trying to remember the setlist but I'm a little hazy because it was a fair while ago, and the previous time I saw them was in the same venue! They were still celebrating the release of the new album at that stage so there were a lot of songs from it-- like 5 or 6 of them I think. They opened with Empire Falls and also played Gallows Hymn, As Rome Burns, Heathen Tribes, and No Nation on this Earth. I think Traitor's Gate was also on the list. Beyond that... I remember Coffin Ships, and I think The Golden Spiral? There was a nice rendition of Sons of the Morrigan, and they played at least one song each from A Journey's End and Spirit the Earth Aflame, but I can't remember which ones-- I want to say Gods to the Godless and Autumn Aurora were played but I might be thinking of the previous gig here. It was a good setlist in any case, lots of energy, and a good spread accross the releases.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:37 am 

February release? I know what my birthday present is! :D

----------------
Now playing: Manilla Road - The Deluge

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 am 

ForNaught wrote:
Razakel wrote:

Excellent, was not sure what way they would come accross live. There must me more live footage on it than just the Dublin gig as I read somewhere that there is at least 3.5 hours of live music on it which is prob true as the ltd edition version I have pre-ordered is 4 discs (2cd & 2dvd), cant wait for this now.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.