Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
therealvivs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 am 

Any fans here?

Their 2004 (holy fuck...!) full length is such a fun album, really cool mix of meat and potatoes death metal, thrash metal speed and some blackened vibes here and there. Plenty of cool riffs and fist pumping melodies.
Are they recording the new material in the same studio as Anata and Necrophagist?

CoconutBackwards
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am 

I never knew they were a band. I thought this was about the torrent website.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Epicureo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:02 pm 

Five way split with Anata, Lykathea Aflame, Necrophagist and Enmity coming soon.

Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:49 am 

I think it is just because the members of Demonoid have been busy with other things. Johan Niemann is touring with Evergrey, Kristian Niemann is working with Sorcerer (who is putting an album out this year!).

It's also a matter of finding a studio and finding the time to record. I hope for a new Demonoid as much as anyone, but it isn't something I'm expecting anytime soon.

Sorcerer is good though, if you need some of Kristian's riffs and solos.

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:33 am 

You know, I remember getting that Demonoid album maybe a year or so after it was released, and it was hyped up pretty significantly. I never quite got into it though. All the elements seemed there, and the combination of thrash/death/black metal was intriguing, but it just never really grabbed me. Despite that, I'd still be interested in hearing more from this project. I might have to go back and revisit the album. Maybe if we get enough people demanding for new music, they can pull a Jari and try and crowd-fund a sauna/studio in order to complete the album. :-P

Reply to topic