Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Biedrik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm 

MacMoney wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think they [Grave] annihilate because of their simplicity

Either way, they kick ass.

Is the rest of their discography worth listening to?

No, avoid like the plague. Well, to be honest I haven't heard the latest two, but with the first two reunion albums being feces, I don't think there was anything that would warrant giving them a chance.

Actually, As Rapture Comes is a pretty good album. I think it's probably the best of the reunion albums.

matrixmetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 am 

Actual true story. Many years ago I was looking to thin out my cd collection prior to moving cross country... I had Entombed LHP in one hand and Dismember LAEFS in the other... I kept the Entombed and sold the Dismember. I remember thinking (at the time) I only need one Swedish death metal with motorcycle guitars in my collection :durr:

Like An Everflowing Stream ... eventually I will buy it again.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 am 

matrixmetal wrote:
Actual true story. Many years ago I was looking to thin out my cd collection prior to moving cross country... I had Entombed LHP in one hand and Dismember LAEFS in the other... I kept the Entombed and sold the Dismember. I remember thinking (at the time) I only need one Swedish death metal with motorcycle guitars in my collection :durr:

Like An Everflowing Stream ... eventually I will buy it again.

First question: Did you seriously not have anthing else you could throw away??
Second question: Was it seriously to much trouble to carry a record??

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:19 am 

Story sounds like bullshit.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:20 am 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Story sounds like bullshit.

I've met a few stupid people before so I wouldn't be surprised...

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

matrixmetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:42 am 

Quote:
I_Am_Vengeance and Rottenrectum posted something

Yo! I_Am_Vengeance and Rottenrectum I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish but... Entombed's Left Hand Path is the greatest debut by a Swedish death metal outfit of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!!@111

This lyric is right up there with the best lyrics of all time. ALL TIME!!!1!!

Quote:
Entombed, Left Hand Path
I dip my forefinger in the watery blood
Of your impotent redeemer
And write over his thorn torn brow
The true Prince of Evil

Thereafter followed by the much copied masterpiece guitar solo which begins with the scrape at 5:07 until the gripping end at 6:39. Silence.

The first 25 seconds of Drowned is the best opening riff of all time. ALL TIME!@!@!!111!

Dismember had the nicer cover art but that was not enough to save it from the trade pile. Now I want that Dismember cd again. :durr:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 am 

I don't even have enough words to describe how stupid that post was. I mean good god the mods could just lock this whole thing now and spare the world...whatever that was supposed to be.

Dismember still rules though.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:12 am 

Empyreal wrote:
I don't even have enough words to describe how stupid that post was. I mean good god the mods could just lock this whole thing now and spare the world...whatever that was supposed to be.

Take it easy man...I like matrix's enthusiasm. And I totally understand where he's coming from, having traded away several good albums in the past and later wishing I'd thought better of it.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Arthemesic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm 

Death Metal is, in my opinion, their tightest album.
It's got a lot of kickass in it.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Take it easy man...I like matrix's enthusiasm. And I totally understand where he's coming from, having traded away several good albums in the past and later wishing I'd thought better of it.

It was a reference to this 0:46, you noobs.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 pm 

BlindTortureKill wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Exactly why it's so gay! I did overreact before, but still, it was just such a dumb joke. That whole situation was never funny in the first place...but eh, yeah, was a bit over the top in my initial reply.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
BlindTortureKill wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Exactly why it's so gay! I did overreact before, but still, it was just such a dumb joke.

Yo Empyrael, imma let you finish but Kanye had one of the best random interruptions of all time.
OF ALL TIME!i!!1i!

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm 

Biedrik wrote:
Actually, As Rapture Comes is a pretty good album. I think it's probably the best of the reunion albums.

Just sampled a few songs off the album and was really impressed. Very solid, pummeling stuff.

matrixmetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Thank you, Abominatrix. Anyone who has ever tried to "tidy up" a sprawling mess of a music collection inevitably runs into a keep-or-trade decision.

Plantweed
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:33 pm 

Can anyone tell me with any certainty whether Joacim Carlsson of Afflicted Convulsion was an early member of Dismember?

Tormentor312
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm 

i went through their entire discography about 2 weeks ago, amazing band, there was no bad album.

i do not listen to death metal as much as black and thrash because past a handful of bands that i consider the creme of the crop ( including dismember) i find most DM bands boring, i think it is the vocals, this has nothing to do with intolerance for the vocals, but they just do not appeal to me as much as thrash or black vocals.

dismember broke through that for me, i loved their riffs and how just about each album had a exceptionally good instrumental song. i also like how melodic they were, without being overly melodic to the point of being cheesy which many melodeath bands are in my eyes. some melodeath feels so accessable and melodic that i really think it should not be considered DM anymore, and the only think keeping the death part is the vocals. dismember manage to be quite heavy and melodic at the same time, definitely a class act band.

demigod93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 pm 

Love these guys! I have 2 of their CD's, and really like their old school death metal style.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:24 pm 

LMAO @ this thread.

It's a great album, and surely in any realistic "must own in DM collection" list, but it's not even the best album of its year, let alone the best DM album of all time.

PowerRockerDeath
Heavy metal bro-rapist bait

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 am 

I just checked out a song off of Like an Ever flowing Stream entitled "In Death's Sleep". I'm pretty impressed cause this is a hell of a lot better than all the death metal that I'm used to hearing. Thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT: Just listened to another one called "Deathevocation". Again, pretty damn impressive. They're a bit slower than most death metal but I like their sound-it's kinda doomy.

EDIT:
BlindTortureKill wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Shit...I wouldn't have gotten that joke either. You watch MTV music awards? I'm sorry but I don't spend my time watching crap.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4