Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:43 pm 

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285 ... tement.jpg

That's from ICS Vortex's Myspace. According to Wikipedia, the rumors have been going around for a while (I haven't seen them), apparently with Garm expressing interest and Hellhammer saying that a reunion is "inevitable."

The fact that Vortex is mentioning this implies that he will be involved. If Garm is also interested, as has been mentioned, then I'm curious as to how that will work out.

piratehooker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 pm 

:O
excited

Alchameth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:58 pm 

I'm just waiting for Sverd's comments on this.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:19 pm 

2011, eh? If this is anywhere near my 21st birthday I'll have even more reason to get piss-drunk. :beer:

It would be great to see Vortex and Garm working together, as well as seeing what influences Garm brings from his time centered on Ulver. But you are right about Sverd, as I believe he was the main songwriter in Arcturus in the past. Or, there is always the possibility that Garm could take over on that end (was he the songwriter in Ulver?)

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:36 pm 

Despite having never read any rumors, I always had a feeling the split wouldn't be permanent. No idea why though. I'll be pretty excited if this does happen, especially if Garm returns. Arcturus' best material came out when Garm was around, so teaming up with ICS Vortex, who I feel was slightly underrated during his time with Arcturus, would be a great prospect. I always thought 'Sideshow Symphonies' was pretty decent. Initially when I first bought it, I didn't much like it, but it's a grower.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:37 am 

Perplexed_Sjel wrote:
I always thought 'Sideshow Symphonies' was pretty decent. Initially when I first bought it, I didn't much like it, but it's a grower.

That it is. I disliked as well, but I had just bought (and listened the hell out of) Masquerade earlier, so it obviously was a bit of a letdown. Still, they really nailed that "lost in space atmosphere", it's just a shame the songwriting (and Vortex's singing) wasn't good enough to back it up. La Masquerade Infernale is still my favorite album of all time.

Alchameth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:57 am 

I also prefer Garm on vocal duties. Well, this is good news notheless, and i hope their next album will sound like a mix between Masquerade and Symphonies but with much better production values. I'm probably delusional, but who knows what will happen ?

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 pm 

a rerecording of their first full length will happen, it will be turned into experimental industrial chamber music courtesy of Trickster G

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.