Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:07 pm 

Jaxx's website just added a show with Korpiklaani, Týr, Swashbuckle, & White Wizzard for January 2010. I'm extremely excited about this because the show is on my 18th birthday, and I'm already seeing Nile & Immolation the night before. :-)

I really do not care for Korpiklaani, but Týr are one of my favorite bands in the folk metal genre and overall, and I'm excited to hear them play more from the 'By The Light Of The Northern Star' album live. Swashbuckle should be a lot of fun also.

NecroSonata
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:19 pm 

Tyr are indeed awesome live, far more so than I expected. They've got crazy good live vocals, and like to try and get people to toast in Faroese. Skoll something? None of the drunkards could pronounce most of it when I saw them, including myself.

I'm gonna assume this is an American thing?

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm 

Date's please?

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:48 pm 

Ohhh, I'd love to see Tyr live, but I doubt it'll come near me.

7IHd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm 

Wait, where's this tour occurring?! *goes to look up and hopes the States*

RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 pm 

Aurone wrote:
Date's please?

I'm pretty sure this tour hasn't been officially announced yet. It's just one of those situations where a venue books a show apart of a tour and immediately posts it on their website. I think your best bet right now is to check local venues websites to see if they added any new shows. I'm sure the rest of the dates will be announced very soon, because Jaxx website says that tickets will go on sale on the September 21.

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 pm 

RandyJames16 wrote:
Aurone wrote:
Date's please?

I'm pretty sure this tour hasn't been officially announced yet. It's just one of those situations where a venue books a show apart of a tour and immediately posts it on their website. I think your best bet right now is to check local venues websites to see if they added any new shows. I'm sure the rest of the dates will be announced very soon, because Jaxx website says that tickets will go on sale on the September 21.

Yeah none of the band's MySpaces or official websites state anything about this tour. But it's not like Jaxx is lying or anything, dates just haven't come out.

As for the tour...

HOLY SHIT YES I AM SO THERE.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:54 pm 

I'm surprised they just didn't go along with Hypocrisy and Ensiferum on their tour dates. That would have been sweet. I hope Tyr plays Phoenix this time around.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:29 am 

Tyr, Korpiklaani... i'd love to see them in live, but again, is rare that this happen in Mexico, very uncommon.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:31 am 

Erisgaroth wrote:
Tyr, Korpiklaani... i'd love to see them in live, but again, is rare that this happen in Mexico, very uncommon.

Yeah I would not hold my breath on it but it is not out of the question. Mexico City is fucking huge and a great metal stop. They'll get their eventually if they want to expand a fan base.

zecharas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:26 am 

Holy hell I'm there!!! I know there will be Cleveland date, that's pretty much guaranteed.

wartooth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 pm 

Ugh how did swashbuckle get on this, already had to sit through them once at paganfest II and it was pretty terrible.

Orthar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:13 am 

I'm definitely going to this. But by any chance, did Jaxx mispell White Wizzard?

Oh well, hopefully I'll see some Archives guys at the Jaxx show.

RandyJames16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:41 pm 

Orthar wrote:
I'm definitely going to this. But by any chance, did Jaxx mispell White Wizzard?

Oh well, hopefully I'll see some Archives guys at the Jaxx show.

Yep, they misspelled White Wizzard. They usually do that when they just announce a show, before a tour poster is released or they don't have the logo of a band that's playing. They shamefully labeled Atheist as "The Atheist" when they first announced their show which happened over the summer.

I'll be the guy in the party hat at the show.

Perkonkalve
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm 

I hope so badly that this tour comes to Oklahoma or at the very least somewhere near by.

Korpiklaani didn't play anywhere near the central south on Paganfest II so hopefully they'll make up for it. I fucking hope so. Korpiklaani are one of the few left on my list of Folk Metal bands to see live, bar the Black Metal bands with Folk characteristics I like.

And, with Tyr? Win. I've already seen Tyr twice, once last year and once this year, and although Land was amazing live (especially Sinklars Visa), I would fucking love to hear some of By the Light of the Northern Star live. Also, another chance to touch Heri.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.