Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:20 am 

Is anyone else going to see them at the Whisky? Maybe we can meet up for a metal-archives festival. :lol:

I'm going to be asking Lee a few choice questions pretty quick here. Rumor has it that the new record is coming out in the states in November. I think it's October for Europe though.

Ritual_Suicide
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:03 pm 

Ill be nowhere near there. :cry:
It would be nice to have a date for the new album though.

cibbico
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:38 pm 

I haven't been to a concert in a year, but Heathen will probably be the band to break that trend.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:08 pm 

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

Jesus, the show is tomorrow! I just heard of this show, but I'M ACTUALLY IN VICINITY OF IT! I must go! Aauuughh! I need some luck. Tickets are 20 bucks? And are these opening band any good? Not that it really matters.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 pm 

Damn; if I weren't broke and working tomorrow, I would have gone...

VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:47 pm 

TheExodusAttack wrote:

Jesus, the show is tomorrow! I just heard of this show, but I'M ACTUALLY IN VICINITY OF IT! I must go! Aauuughh! I need some luck. Tickets are 20 bucks? And are these opening band any good? Not that it really matters.

Yes, go. Go, my friend!

The opening bands are all shite, but it doesn't matter because it's fucking HEATHEN! They played to like 18 people last night in Tucson, so we have to make it up to them in California. :lol:

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:02 pm 

VictimsOfDeception wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

Yes, go. Go, my friend!

The opening bands are all shite, but it doesn't matter because it's fucking HEATHEN! They played to like 18 people last night in Tucson, so we have to make it up to them in California. :lol:

Really, none of the opening bands are good? Surely I can expect some generic but fun thrash? But yes, I am trying my best to make it to this. It is definitely what I need right now.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Rattle_Head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 pm 

Ah! Heathen! hopefully il be able to see them one day. Enjoy! those of you fellow metalheads that get to see them...

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:05 pm 

It turns out I can't go to this show. :( I'm majorly bummed, but hopefully Heathen will come around again when the new album is released, and I'll actually be able to plan to go to a show in advance.

VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
It turns out I can't go to this show. :( I'm majorly bummed, but hopefully Heathen will come around again when the new album is released, and I'll actually be able to plan to go to a show in advance.

Best live show of all fucking time.

In short, I can tell you all a few things. I was hanging out with the guys back stage and I know that November 11th is the US release date. That is a fact. October 29th is for all in Europe, you lucky bastards. This is not top secret information, but apparently not many people know about it.

P.S. You're all going to be VERY pleasantly surprised at this record. I was able to hear about some very interesting things regarding it. It's definitely the Heathen we all know and love.

DGYDP
Leather Lion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 pm 

Let's just hope that date doesn't change again :lol: When I saw Lee in June he said they were going to rerecord some things, guess they didn't go through with that?

VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:34 am 

DGYDP wrote:
Let's just hope that date doesn't change again :lol: When I saw Lee in June he said they were going to rerecord some things, guess they didn't go through with that?

Well, I believe that they re-recorded certain stuff right after that. :lol:

The date is fixed and it isn't changing. The only reason that it was pushed back this last time was due to mixing issues. They thought that the first mix was good, but they wanted to do better, and so they had someone else do a second mix, which in turn ended up being the final mix that we will all hear. It's done and the release dates are set in stone, so do not fear! :lol:

DGYDP
Leather Lion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:59 am 

Please tell me the release date on Mascot Records' site is a joke. :ugh:

VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am 

DGYDP wrote:
Please tell me the release date on Mascot Records' site is a joke. :ugh:

I think that was their original estimate.

I'm fairly certain they just didn't change it to the right date yet. I can always ask JT.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.