Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 am 

AngelicStorm wrote:
The homophobia in this thread is ridiculous. Gaahl should have stayed doing black metal just to get on the knuckleheads' nerves all the more! As long as he is following his heart, then I dont care what he does. Even if he did start doing "techno in gay bars", he'd STILL be more black metal than that loser rapist Infernus, and the gay bashing losers in this thread!

Wish Gaahl the best of luck, and hope he returns to metal soon :headbang:

Your name is angelicstorm.

AngelicStorm
High and Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:07 am 

cultofkraken wrote:
AngelicStorm wrote:
The homophobia in this thread is ridiculous. Gaahl should have stayed doing black metal just to get on the knuckleheads' nerves all the more! As long as he is following his heart, then I dont care what he does. Even if he did start doing "techno in gay bars", he'd STILL be more black metal than that loser rapist Infernus, and the gay bashing losers in this thread!

Its actually not, its just my username :P

And your point is?

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:13 am 

The jokes are pretty tired but it's no big deal- what, 4 people have made them? It's to be expected. Anyway, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Infernus- all the lawsuits, all the dramas, all that sort of crap and then Gaahl just quits? What a waste of a year or so.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 am 

The next one using this thread as proving grounds for the filter will be banned.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:48 am 

About time, and good riddance too. I never cared much for Gorgoroth's later material with it's polished production or what not, despite the merits of a few tracks here and there. Also Gaahl's behaviour is so laughable it's ridiculous. Now hopefully he will focus on his clothing line with his boyfriend, clapping at fashion shows next to the runway instead of trying to ripoff someone else's band name after joining it.

~Guest 135210
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:51 am 

It's a shame. I always liked him, as a singer. I haven't heard the new Live in Grieghallen with Pest, but I heard the one with Gaahl and imo it's very good.

forestspirit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Well I didn't really see it coming. What a waste of time.
I agree. Maybe it's for the best seeing as how they haven't actually released anything...Besides, what's the point of having two 'Gorgoroths' playing more or less the same stuff?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:53 am 

While I don't really care about much of what he has to do with King and God Seed, I do find Trelldom and Gaahlskagg to be kickass bands. Departing from metal means pretty much avoiding these bands, for him, which is a sad deal. He was an ok singer, though a little too squeaky compared to Pest. Some of his songs though ("Sign of an Open Eye") were great, so all and all it's a loss.

That stunt with Gorgoroth I'll admit as bullshit, though.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

altered_vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 am 

yey! black metal is straight again!!

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 am 

altered_vlad wrote:
yey! black metal is straight again!!

Indeed. The only truly blasphemous deeds committed by the Norwegians since the turn of the millenium have been moved outside the BM sphere of influence, and everyone left on the scene is a good Sunday school kid.

I mean, just ask almost any preacher anywhere, and they'll tell you Ghaal is worse than anyone with some corpse paint and a stack of "evil" lyrics.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:12 am 

[quote="caspian"]The jokes are pretty tired but it's no big deal- what, 4 people have made them? It's to be expected. Anyway, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Infernus- all the lawsuits, all the dramas, all that sort of crap and then Gaahl just quits? What a waste of a year or so.[/quote
]

Indeed. Also, wasn't it Gaal who was principally accused of being a rapist? I know at least a couple of the guys in Gorgoroth have gotten involved in some shady stuff, but it seems that Gaal got most of the "deviant" attention, what with taht alleged torture and assault business ...not to ention King and his supposedly affinity for young boys. Ah well, who the devil cares anyway?

Edit: Trelldom was great. TOo bad he can't just concentrate on that.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Transphilvanian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 am 

For what its worth I think Gaahl has some interesting philosophies, I seem to remember him saying something about having really right wing friends and really left wing friends, which I have respect for.

Musically, however, him and King hold absolutely nothing to Infernus' earlier classics. It may be possible that Gaahl is just bowing out, which is fine, although it does make all the legal battles seem rather pointless. In essence I don't really care that Gaahl has quit black metal, its probably best for him and the scene anyway, so I am just going to look longingly forward to the new Gorgoroth album, which is sure to dissappoint as I have got my hopes up for another Pentagram or Antichrist.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:30 pm 

I can't really say I'm busted up over this, I wasn't a huge fan of Gorgoroth when Gaahl took over, they sort of got away from where they were (I know, this is true of just about every Norwegian band at the time) and never came back. I don't harbor any animus towards Gaahl over the whole lawsuit debacle, but I'm pretty astonished that he went through all that trouble just to hang it all up. I guess Godseed's prospects weren't looking that good.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm 

Transphilvanian wrote:
For what its worth I think Gaahl has some interesting philosophies, I seem to remember him saying something about having really right wing friends and really left wing friends, which I have respect for.

Is that like when someone is accused of being a racist or a homophobe, and they claim that they "have many (instert politically correct sacred cow demographic here) friends"?
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

Playing online like a true boller right here

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm 

AngelicStorm wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
AngelicStorm wrote:

Its actually not, its just my username :P

And your point is?

First of all, what are you? Gaahl's mother?

Second of all, his point is that your name is angelicstorm, yet you're defending a Satanic Black Metal musician. Sure, Gorgoroth don't release their lyrics, but it doesn't take a genius to know that they're not singing about baby Jesus turning water into wine.

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm 

use of the word 'angelic' makes you a christian, i see, much like talking about bacon makes me a pig

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

AngelicStorm
High and Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 pm 

Razakel wrote:
First of all, what are you? Gaahl's mother?

No, I am not. Anyhows, Gaahl is older than me, so that isnt physically possible :P

Quote:
Second of all, his point is that your name is angelicstorm, yet you're defending a Satanic Black Metal musician. Sure, Gorgoroth don't release their lyrics, but it doesn't take a genius to know that they're not singing about baby Jesus turning water into wine.

Noktorn wrote:
use of the word 'angelic' makes you a christian, i see, much like talking about bacon makes me a pig

How does use of the word "angelic" make me a christian? Most "christians" are anything but angelic. I don't think christians have some sort of monopoly, or copyright on that word. You can be a good person without being a christian. I just think people criticising him, or making fun of him because he's gay is infantile. I know Gaahl was convicted for torturing a guy, and Im not condoning that. But Infernus raped someone, yet people seem to overlook that, or think its okay, but criticise Gaahl just because he is gay.

Stormalv
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:50 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Indeed. Also, wasn't it Gaal who was principally accused of being a rapist?

No, Infernus was charged with rape.

Transphilvanian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:55 pm 

Vlachos wrote:
Transphilvanian wrote:

Is that like when someone is accused of being a racist or a homophobe, and they claim that they "have many (instert politically correct sacred cow demographic here) friends"?

No I don't think it was really like that, although I can only vaguely remember. It's well known that he is not the most social of types and I believe the interviewer tried to ask him about politics and he just stated that he was not really involved with it, which suits my beliefs much more than the typical "Fuk da NAZIS MAN" which seem the typical band response. It's not that I am in any way a Nazi, it just annoys me when bands or band members make a massive deal about being anti-nazi as if their liberalism has just saved the world.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:56 pm 

AngelicStorm wrote:
How does use of the word "angelic" make me a christian? Most "christians" are anything but angelic. I don't think christians have some sort of monopoly, or copyright on that word. You can be a good person without being a christian. I just think people criticising him, or making fun of him because he's gay is infantile. I know Gaahl was convicted for torturing a guy, and Im not condoning that. But Infernus raped someone, yet people seem to overlook that, or think its okay, but criticise Gaahl just because he is gay.

No one really cares about their criminal records, or at least it's not what's being discussed here. We're mostly talking about the music they made, and how Infernus' was better and more important than Gaahl's.

doom_monger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 pm 

Transphilvanian wrote:

That's a low standard for respect. What sort of insecurities does a person need to have to only befriend those with whom they share similar political views? I can't think of a faster way to ensure a very boring life, intellectually.

AngelicStorm wrote:
Noktorn wrote:

How does use of the word "angelic" make me a christian? Most "christians" are anything but angelic.

:durr:

AngelicStorm
High and Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:07 pm 

Razakel wrote:
No one really cares about their criminal records, or at least it's not what's being discussed here. We're mostly talking about the music they made, and how Infernus' was better and more important than Gaahl's.

Well, okay, most dont seem to care about their criminal records. BUT they do seem to have some issue with Gaahl being gay, as almost every post made some snide remark about it. If anything, people should care more about their criminal records than their sexuality. If someone's criminality doesnt affect how you see a musician's work, then why should their sexuality?

Im just saying its stupid. As for the music, thats entirely subjective. Im sure there are some that prefer the music when it was mainly Gaahl and King who wrote it. Though I dont know a great deal about Gorgoroth's music, so cant really give my views on that. It does puzzle me though, why Gaahl would fight for the Gorgoroth name, only to stop doing black metal not long after losing the case. Doesnt make any sense to me...but anyway!

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm 

It's funny how some people act like homophobic rednecks and/or children whenever Gaahl is mentioned on this forums. Grow up!

On topic: If God Seed had released an album I would probably have checked it out but I won't be crying over them disbanding.

Transphilvanian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:59 pm 

Transphilvanian wrote:

doom_monger wrote:
That's a low standard for respect. What sort of insecurities does a person need to have to only befriend those with whom they share similar political views? I can't think of a faster way to ensure a very boring life, intellectually.

I agree, that was my whole point. It is miles more interesting to be friends with people with a variety of view points than people of just your own opinion. The amount of people who will dismiss others (not just their beliefs, themselves) just because of political and social opinion surprises me, which is why I had respect for Gaahl in this instance.

Mystlyfe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm 

lulz black metal got rid of a gay guy.

Hey look, I abused the word filter and showed my homophobia? Am I kvlt enough to post in this thread? :roll:

Dark_Prime
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:30 pm 

Very good post by someone on the official Gorgoroth forums

There is something especially inconsistent with Kings decision the put 'God Seed on ice' at the onset of this along with having tolerated Gaahl's delaying the progress of things (with writing lyrics and jail sentences) especially if Gaahl were to be welcomed back into the band. It is that in his attempted legitimizing his "reasons" for trying the fire Infernus, he would appeal to how Infernus would hinder productivity in one way or another. And yet to a much more noticable degree before and after such an event, Gaahl is tolerated in drastically affecting schedule by King. And he also has in fact stated his expectations in having Gaahl do vocals and releasing the album soon. This is yet another inconsisitency in how King's words are suspiciously questionable as to how sincere they are with past justifications for the name. They certainly didn't hold much truth back then with the faulty legitimizations.

Olias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:30 pm 

AngelicStorm wrote:
The homophobia in this thread is ridiculous.

freudian slip?....JUST KIDDING

Well, on a personal level, I think what he did was dishonorable therefore I am obliged to stick with infernus, but I do enjoy his work nonetheless.
Gaahl is truly becoming a female now. Loves teh men, makes a big deal out of everything, then changes his mind. Great.

Olias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 pm 

Mystlyfe wrote:
big cocks in my ass black metal got rid of a gay guy.

Hey look, I abused the word filter and showed my homophobia? Am I kvlt enough to post in this thread? :roll:

I'd be careful if I were you.
Gaahl is truly becoming a female now. Loves teh men, makes a big deal out of everything, then changes his mind. Great.

schoolslave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:43 pm 

Gaahl's vocals are infinitely better than Pest's pathetic throat vocals....

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:01 pm 

Olias wrote:
Mystlyfe wrote:
big cocks in my ass black metal got rid of a gay guy.

I'd be careful if I were you.

Meh, no need to be careful anymore.

Dark_Prime
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:06 pm 

If King was serious about writing etc. he'd have ceased with Gaahl instead of or as well as Infernus back in October 2007. Cancelling gigs for October 2008 and he writes no lyrics, says he's writing lyrics in early 2009 and he goes on a two or something month holiday with his boyfriend instead. And of course he held up the band long before with the stalled output between 2000 and 2006.

Those who say Gaahl got Infernus a band etc. can f**k themselves. If it wern't for Infernus, Gaahl would be nothing. There is a reason he is known as the vocalist of Gorgoroth and not the vocalist of Trelldom.

Infernus signed the band to Nuclear Blast as well, Krakow was what really threw Gorgoroth into the spotlight in that timeperiod and did not simply owe to Gaahl, and Infernus started writing again in 2006.

TOTI could have come out in 2002 and AMSG in 2005 or perhaps earlier were it not for Gaahl's unecessary jail sentences or laziness, I am sure the band were considering or at least implied he wanted to bring Pest or somebody back due to the AMSG business. And it wasn't like Gaahl got that much publicity for his violent crimes in the late '90s.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:19 pm 

AngelicStorm wrote:
Noktorn wrote:

How does use of the word "angelic" make me a christian?

Better yet, how did you manage to miss the sarcasm bleeding out of Noktorn's post?

Aside from the obvious nonsense of the legal battle, where's the logic in two johnny-come-latelys trying to kick out a founding member? This has to be the first time I ever heard of such a thing. How wonderfully incoherent. Personally not a big Gorgoroth fan/not very familiar with them, but if Gaahl is indeed totally out of metal, that sucks , particularly for Trelldom in my opinion. Solid black metal.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

AngelicStorm
High and Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 pm 

Pale_Pilgrim wrote:
Better yet, how did you manage to miss the sarcasm bleeding out of Noktorn's post?

Ah...on closer inspection, I see he was being sarcastic about the point made in the previous post. It was directed at the previous poster, and not me. Now I feel stupid :P

kampfplatz666
Sturmbannführer Borat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 pm 

Thanks Satan, that gay and Queen had stop ruining gorgoroth's music...

I heard they were planinng a tour 'Twilight of my boyfriend's ass (in conspiracy with high fashion)'...

HexagonSunn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:13 pm 

kampfplatz666 wrote:

I heard they were planinng a tour 'Twilight of my boyfriend's ass (in conspiracy with high fashion)'...

You are not funny at all. In fact, that is probably the worst gay-Gaahl joke in this thread. Sorry- fail.

I would have thought fans of BM would be more open minded...:\

Olias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:17 pm 

kampfplatz666 wrote:

you don't have to agree with his lifestyle, after all that is your opinion (and mine as well), however we should be respectful and stick to a discussion pretaining to the band. If you must insult, do it in reference to Gaahl's treasonous acts.

eXile72
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:29 pm 

Why doesn't Rob Halford ever take shit for being gay but its alright to ridicule Gaahl?

If anything lets get on his case for being such a bitch about the name thing and then running off to the hills to be weird and drink whine by himself.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 pm 

HexagonSunn wrote:
kampfplatz666 wrote:

You are not funny at all. In fact, that is probably the worst gay-Gaahl joke in this thread. Sorry- fail.

I would have thought fans of BM would be more open minded...:\

You do realize we're talking about the sub-genre most commonly associated with church burnings and Nazism, right?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 pm 

eXile72 wrote:
Why doesn't Rob Halford ever take shit for being gay but its alright to ridicule Gaahl?

If anything lets get on his case for being such a bitch about the name thing and then running off to the hills to be weird and drink whine by himself.

Halford gets plenty of shit for being gay by plenty of people who are just as dumb and neanderthalic.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:36 pm 

eXile72 wrote:

Because Rob Halford is a complete and utter badass. Gay or not, nobody can deny his powerful influence on metal as we know it. Gaahl is simply a weirdo. Nobody really expected him to be gay. The black metal scene and ideology really doesn't fit to include gays either.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next