Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:26 pm 

So I read this thread on the Megadeth forums
http://megadeth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385040

Had this excerpt from some old magazine

Quote:
Dear K.J.,

Well, this is the first, and, only chance you have to hear the real story behind the kicking out part of the Metallica story. I don’t know exactly the time those guys decided to get rid of me, but, they couldn’t of picked a better time. It’s real funny how they could lie to me, all that time from Indiana to New York, and, that was a long time! I guess that the fact that I kicked some guys ass in some alley in S.F., had some kind of unforgettable point of interest, because after that happened, they never gave me any kind of trouble, and, the respect that I had, as far as being able to take care of myself, was not questioned. The new band is a lot heavier than Metallica, because, as you know, I wrote the four of the best songs that we had, The Mechanics, Jump in the Fire, Metal Militia, and, the Phantom Lord, and, those were the songs that got the most recognition out of all the songs that we played. But, then I guess you know all that. Well, as far as the new band goes, it’s real heavy, as heavy as you’ll find that’s for sure. I really hope that you like what you hear, as it’s going to be the new, “Megadeth”/’Naipon’ demo tape will be out in the near future, and you can count on being one of the first one’s to hear it. I sincerely think that the stuff hat I’ve put together, is going to go over real good, because it’s so fucking heavy! I was really let down, by myself, because I thought that there was going to be some mail that said that, some people were inquiring, as to the disappearing act that I pulled in the East Coast. I wish that those guys could have had the balls to tell me that I was fucking up, and, not wait till the last minute…

As far as the story that Brian wrote… there couldn’t have been a better beginning to a band’s intro tape than what he wrote, and, the only fucked thing about it, is that were not using that name any more. The new band name is Megadeth, and, the people that are in the band, are myself, on lead guitar, David Ellefson on bass, Gregg Handevidt on rhythm guitar, Lor Kain on vocal and, Richard Girod, on drumming detail. The songs are, “No Time;” “Eye for Eye”, “Speak No Evil,” “When Hell Freezes Over,” “The Gambler,” “Head Lock,” “You Know Where to Go,” and, “Chose Your Master.” The band consists of a four piece rhythm section that deals out nothing but, the heavy, heavy stuff. Me, and, all the boys, all fill the parts where theres supposed to be singing, with total guitars, and, bass, and, the vocals, well, if we keep the guy that we have right not then we will really have to keep our eyes on this guy, per, he consumes quite a large amount of drugs. Though the fact that he sounds like Satan himself, and, that he can really scream, but, how much screaming can someone take?

So that’s the fact why we’re still looking for vocals. But, the main section of the band, is here, and, not only did I learn how to use eight fingers, on the neck, but I also, learned how to us my thumbs!

And, the possibility of using anything else that I have. Well, the music is just as, if not heavier than the stuff that I was doing in Metallica, since the fact that the heavy shit was mine. It kind of shows you where the direction of this act is headed. Well that’s it for this time, and, keep the people that want the heaviest, in mind for the mailing list of Megadeth, I was thinking of you heading the fan club section for me, because I’ve already got the merch end of it, and, the mailing taken care of, so, if you could possibly, next tine that you send out somekind of fanzine put some thing in for old Dave, since I could sure use the help these first few times, and, then when I get something out in the listenable scene then you can call me a jerk if it doesn’t strike you as real metal. Well that’s all for this time, tell anyone concerned that David Mustain has not been silenced, and, the vengence can be smelt.

Dave Mustaine
Megadeth

http://haggisbuffet.blogspot.com/2005/1 ... sited.html

Some questions. Anyone know if this is authentic? One of the song titles includes "When Hell Freezes Over", wasn't that the original name of Call of Ktulu? And who were these Lord something and the other dudes? I never heard of this before, and wanted to know if this was authentic.

JohnnyRebel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:34 pm 

hmm, fucking awesome.

MMM88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 pm 

I have no idea about that.. it sounds interesting though.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:57 pm 

"When Hell Freezes Over" was probably the early version of "The Call of Ktulu" and I know "Speak No Evil" was the original title for "Looking Down The Cross." As for the other songs, I have no idea...

And I know Gregg Handevidt was only in the band for a few weeks/months and formed Kublai Khan after he was kicked out.

MaelstromMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:01 pm 

It seems legitimate:

http://www.musicmight.com/artist/united ... s/megadeth

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:10 pm 

I remember hearing some story about Megadeth having a full-time vocalist (Mustaine just playing guitar at the time) and when he showed up to a gig with a six-pack and dressed like a glam-rocker, Mustaine took his beer, kicked the guy out of the band, and took over the lead vocals himself. I don't know if it's the same guy mentioned in the article, but I always thought that was a funny story.

NotGlib
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm 

Quote:
Dear K.J.,

Well, this is the first, and, only chance you have to hear the real story behind the kicking out part of the Metallica story.

Sure, Dave...

Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 pm 

And, those guys, were like, this guy is too good. So, they had to, kick me out, because my love of, extraneous commas, was like, too, strong for them. Then I formed, a new band. We are, heavier.

Khull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:09 pm 

Is it bad that the first thing I noticed was the overuse of commas?

Nice read though.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 pm 

206 wrote:
And, those guys, were like, this guy is too good. So, they had to, kick me out, because my love of, extraneous commas, was like, too, strong for them. Then I formed, a new band. We are, heavier.

:lol: I noticed that too.

I wish people would give this shit a rest, why does it still fucking matter? Is there still deep down a big debate between who is better? Who deserves more credit? Whatever, it seems pointless and petty now and should just be left at rest.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 pm 

The_Boss wrote:
I wish people would give this shit a rest, why does it still fucking matter? Is there still deep down a big debate between who is better? Who deserves more credit? Whatever, it seems pointless and petty now and should just be left at rest.

First off, the thread isn't about that. Second, isn't the interview from like 1983 or something?

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:58 am 

I think The Gambler could be My Last Words. The other songs could be early versions of the KIMB/PSBWB songs, but I can't say.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 am 

Misainzig wrote:
The_Boss wrote:

First off, the thread isn't about that. Second, isn't the interview from like 1983 or something?

Hm, I thought it was a recent release by Mustaine on the Deth forums?

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 pm 

Nah, some random fucker from the forums posted this there. Lol, why the fuck would Mustaine bother starting shit up again after his recent attempts to make peace.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 pm 

Cuz it's Dave Mustaine.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:40 pm 

Wet Pussy wrote:
Nah, some random fucker from the forums posted this there. Lol, why the fuck would Mustaine bother starting shit up again after his recent attempts to make peace.

The_Boss wrote:
Cuz it's Dave Mustaine.

Absolutely. Dave always starts shit up again before the release of an album, and then he apologizes and makes up shortly afterwords. He still has yet to do it this time though, so maybe the cycle has been broken.

Who am I kidding? We'll see another lame statement about Metallica. I'd bet on it anyhow.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.