Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:16 pm 

KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Meh, the Jews also supported ethnic cleansing of the Palestineans, ala the Dalet Plan.

Oh, right, because the Jews who were being cleansed in Ukraine were the exact same Jews who then went on to support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. :roll:

On which planet are you guys living? Yes, they were effectively deported due to the war they had cleverly started by refusing to accept the UN suggestion to divide the land... but ethnically cleansed? o_O

Would you like me to read out the part of the Dalet Plan that includes "consolidation" of Arab Neighborhoods?

I'm always glad to learn more about the nature of this conflict. If you think it's relevant, sure, bring it to the table.

However, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind.

1. You should specify the exact timelines. Israel is a war torn country and its Arab population hasn't merely sat quietly during ongoing conflicts

2. Jumping from consolidation to extermination isn't something you can claim just by using assumptions

There is nothing to assume is there? The timeframe is already given, this is from the mouth of Israel not from me. Obviously Plan D was not a successful one and actually became one of the causes of the scenario now between the Palestinians and Israelis. It's considered one of the chief contributing factors behind the "Palestinian Refugee" problem.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm 

KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Meh, the Jews also supported ethnic cleansing of the Palestineans, ala the Dalet Plan.

Oh, right, because the Jews who were being cleansed in Ukraine were the exact same Jews who then went on to support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. :roll:

On which planet are you guys living? Yes, they were effectively deported due to the war they had cleverly started by refusing to accept the UN suggestion to divide the land... but ethnically cleansed? o_O

Would you like me to read out the part of the Dalet Plan that includes "consolidation" of Arab Neighborhoods?

I'm always glad to learn more about the nature of this conflict. If you think it's relevant, sure, bring it to the table.

1. You should specify the exact timelines. Israel is a war torn country and its Arab population hasn't merely sat quietly during ongoing conflicts

2. Jumping from consolidation to extermination isn't something you can claim just by using assumptions

No document would ever actually say "extermination" or "eradication" outright on it. I think for someone that skeptical you should probably educate yourself (or better yet, take a history course on the subject) more thoroughly on this subject, that's not my job. This was common knowledge in a seminar class at university, of which we debated the justification of Palestinian hostility towards the Israeli people.

KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:21 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:

Kirsten is a woman genius, this is ACADEMIC literature that contains the actual text of the March 10th 1948 Plan "D". The exodus, subjugation and eradication of the Palestinian people is part of this plan.

"3. Seizure and domination of all Arab neighbourhoods lying between our central urban area and the urban centre of the Arabs - particularily those neighbourhoods which dominate the avenues of entrance and exit from the cities. The dominance over these neighbourhoods will be carried out in accordance with the lines that were explained in connection with the destruction of the villages. In the event of resistance, the population will be expelled to the central, Arab urban centre. "

There are numerous mentions of conquering and destroying the "enemies" homes, and controlling the resources therein. This drafted plan was a means by which to remove the Palestinian people from the "Israeli Nation".

So we are talking about 1948, that's a good start. The leaders of the Arab population have declared war, backed (and joined) by the Arab state on Israel.

What you are describing is nothing special for warfare. I'm sure you understand that no nation wants anything to do with population who does not accept their right to exist and that has actively waged war upon them. Deportation to the Arab states is not annihilation, nor is it driven by ethnic motives.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:26 pm 

KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

Kirsten is a woman genius, this is ACADEMIC literature that contains the actual text of the March 10th 1948 Plan "D". The exodus, subjugation and eradication of the Palestinian people is part of this plan.

"3. Seizure and domination of all Arab neighbourhoods lying between our central urban area and the urban centre of the Arabs - particularily those neighbourhoods which dominate the avenues of entrance and exit from the cities. The dominance over these neighbourhoods will be carried out in accordance with the lines that were explained in connection with the destruction of the villages. In the event of resistance, the population will be expelled to the central, Arab urban centre. "

There are numerous mentions of conquering and destroying the "enemies" homes, and controlling the resources therein. This drafted plan was a means by which to remove the Palestinian people from the "Israeli Nation".

So we are talking about 1948, that's a good start. The leaders of the Arab population have declared war, backed (and joined) by the Arab state on Israel.

What you are describing is nothing special for warfare. I'm sure you understand that no nation wants anything to do with population who does not accept their right to exist and that has actively waged war upon them. Deportation to the Arab states is not annihilation, nor is it driven by ethnic motives.

You are lying to yourself if you think it isn't driven by ethnic motives.. the entire creation of the state of Israel is driven by ethnic motives. The Palestinians were not an organized people, they did not have a central government nor an organized military. They were of course "backed" by the rest of the Arab world, but that did not give them a leg up. You are talking about a people who's Holy land was being forced from them. Like I said the Plan didn't work, but the actual written word of this plan certainly planned to do what most would consider what others had done to the Jews, namely displacement, exodus, and in the case of resistance, destruction.

Also, it was natural for the Palestinians to declare war on a newly founded state of Israel on land that had been given to them by the British and the US, I wonder what they thought would happen once British occupation left.

Last edited by cultofkraken on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

No document would ever actually say "extermination" or "eradication" outright on it. I think for someone that skeptical you should probably educate yourself (or better yet, take a history course on the subject) more thoroughly on this subject, that's not my job. This was common knowledge in a seminar class at university, of which we debated the justification of Palestinian hostility towards the Israeli people.

Well, I think I have been more than generous to just accept what was quoted by you, but to attempt claiming plans of genocide without bringing any information to the table isn't research.

You should be able to gather at least some documents about any plans (or actual acts, which you obviously can't gather, cause there were none) to annihilate civilian population or at least give something that hints in that direction.

It is no secret that by the time war started, both sides were aiming on getting more than what they have gained until that point and that both sides had no intention of co-existing in the new borders.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:42 pm 

KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

Well, I think I have been more than generous to just accept what was quoted by you, but to attempt claiming plans of genocide without bringing any information to the table isn't research.

You should be able to gather at least some documents about any plans (or actual acts, which you obviously can't gather, cause there were none) to annihilate civilian population or at least give something that hints in that direction.

It is no secret that by the time war started, both sides were aiming on getting more than what they have gained until that point and that both sides had no intention of co-existing in the new borders.

Like I said, the plan was a failure, but it was a plan supported by the state of Israel, so what I said was true in that aspect. I never said that the plan went through or that it worked. But the simple thought of putting people through exodus, and to destroy the opposition if they resist is written right there, the plan itself is proof of the support of this, and if you think a war between an organized 65,000 Israeli defence and a 25,000 disorganized, poorly armed Arab force was an excuse for it, well I am skeptical.

KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

You are lying to yourself if you think it isn't driven by ethnic motives.. the entire creation of the state of Israel is driven by ethnic motives. The Palestinians were not an organized people, they did not have a central government nor an organized military. They were of course "backed" by the rest of the Arab world, but that did not give them a leg up. You are talking about a people who's Holy land was being forced from them. Like I said the Plan didn't work, but the actual written word of this plan certainly planned to do what most would consider what others had done to the Jews, namely displacement, exodus, and in the case of resistance, destruction.

Also, it was natural for the Palestinians to declare war on a newly founded state of Israel on land that had been given to them by the British and the US, I wonder what they thought would happen once British occupation left.

I want to state it now that I do not intend to attack you, since you seem to be getting more and more aggressive in your approach.

With that said, you should understand the fact I'm from Israel doesn't mean that I'm immediately some kind of propaganda-fed machine. I didn't gain my knowledge from school or Israeli books, so I can assure you I'm not trying to manipulate you or myself.

As far as all "ethnic motives" claim goes, I still haven't seen you back it up. Yes, you can say Israel was created by a combination of religious/ethnic motives, but the ethnic part is solely due to the fact Jews were persecuted for their ethnicity and wanted to depart from states where they had no chance to live normally. In countries like Germany and France, where Jews have gained equal rights, they have stayed without hesitation. (and that is why you're not going to see almost any German descendant Jew today, as they have died almost to the last man)

The Palestinians were no organized states, (the Jews hardly were as well, though) but their religious and political leaders were as powerful and influential as needed to rally the population for their cause and have managed to create their own parties and military or pseudo-military organizations.

Your statement about the Arab war is incorrect. They have contributed their share of units and expeditions to the war and even some mechanized weapons such as bombers and tanks. Their lack of organization and the lack of resources, infrastructure and such to supply a real army have led to a more chaotic stage of warfare generally, in which pure numerical advantage didn't aid much for the Arab cause.

The settling of Jews in Israel was legal and bought from the land owners, plus there is a proven linkage between the Jews and the land of Israel, both make it completely different than the military expedition of the Europeans in the early days of US.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 pm 

KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

I don't care enough about the conflict personally to have spent my days researching it. Schulze did the research and has a written copy of the document, with citation right in front of me. There is nothing I would need to do because frankly it is academically cited, therefore I do not need to track down the original document. Just like I wouldn't have to track down the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel from May 14th, 1948 which "requires the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution."

KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:58 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:

Like I said, the plan was a failure, but it was a plan supported by the state of Israel, so what I said was true in that aspect. I never said that the plan went through or that it worked. But the simple thought of putting people through exodus, and to destroy the opposition if they resist is written right there, the plan itself is proof of the support of this, and if you think a war between an organized 65,000 Israeli defence and a 25,000 disorganized, poorly armed Arab force was an excuse for it, well I am skeptical.

You have not given any source for a state-sized plan to even deport the Palestinians and obviously nothing at all about killing civilians.

We are talking about war. Without proofs from what happened on that war, without any kind of slaughering of civilians, without any hint of the notion that killing civilians is just, what you have there is the same story as every other war.

Take the land, consolidate the enemy's population from your own and fight any kind of insurgency. The bitter truth is that on 1948, the Arab population rushed in hurry to run away from the Israelis as soon as they understood they were coming.

If Israel was such an evil state, why didn't they run away at 1967? The truth is, that when they actually checked our intentions, they did not leave and were not deported.

..and that exactly lead to everything we have today, 1967.

The talk about the size of arms doesn't have anything to do with what we've discussed, although the numbers are some of the most unrealistic figures I have seen and are not detailed. (no listing of expedition forces, equipment etc)

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:00 pm 

KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

I want to state it now that I do not intend to attack you, since you seem to be getting more and more aggressive in your approach.

With that said, you should understand the fact I'm from Israel doesn't mean that I'm immediately some kind of propaganda-fed machine. I didn't gain my knowledge from school or Israeli books, so I can assure you I'm not trying to manipulate you or myself.

As far as all "ethnic motives" claim goes, I still haven't seen you back it up. Yes, you can say Israel was created by a combination of religious/ethnic motives, but the ethnic part is solely due to the fact Jews were persecuted for their ethnicity and wanted to depart from states where they had no chance to live normally. In countries like Germany and France, where Jews have gained equal rights, they have stayed without hesitation. (and that is why you're not going to see almost any German descendant Jew today, as they have died almost to the last man)

The Palestinians were no organized states, (the Jews hardly were as well, though) but their religious and political leaders were as powerful and influential as needed to rally the population for their cause and have managed to create their own parties and military or pseudo-military organizations.

Your statement about the Arab war is incorrect. They have contributed their share of units and expeditions to the war and even some mechanized weapons such as bombers and tanks. Their lack of organization and the lack of resources, infrastructure and such to supply a real army have led to a more chaotic stage of warfare generally, in which pure numerical advantage didn't aid much for the Arab cause.

The settling of Jews in Israel was legal and bought from the land owners, plus there is a proven linkage between the Jews and the land of Israel, both make it completely different than the military expedition of the Europeans in the early days of US.

Well I would like to see the documentation of purchase for that land. But all in all I am not incredibly interested in this conflict. What has happened here is simply a statement about a government supported document that came out during wartime. And I believe you took that to mean that there was implementation of the plan and that Israel had attempted genocide. Now I have the whole plan before me, and from what I remember there were several good reasons to believe an underlying tone of genocide, certainly exodus and removal of the people of Palestine would have been like genocide without the brutality (without their holy land it is kind of a moot point isn't it?). But as it has been years since I argued this point, I have long lost my other notes on the subject which were good supporting documents. Either way we've absolutely disgustingly derailed this thread and all because a half handed approach trying to show how silly the actual thread is.

KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
KosherCarnage wrote:
OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

I don't care enough about the conflict personally to have spent my days researching it. Schulze did the research and has a written copy of the document, with citation right in front of me. There is nothing I would need to do because frankly it is academically cited, therefore I do not need to track down the original document. Just like I wouldn't have to track down the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel from May 14th, 1948 which "requires the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution."

Well, since the document you use has nothing to do with your own claims, I say we have a problem.

You have made huge logic leaps and I have explained to you why they have nothing to do with reality. The least you can do is deal with them instead of keep claiming that what you say is essentially the same as that document and thus valid

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm 

I'm going to lock this now. KosherCarnage and cultofkraken, watch your quotes next time.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3