Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Putrid_Grind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:20 pm 

RZris wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:
I actually like Let There Be Blood better than the original. Though there's sort of a trade off. I like the instrumentals better on Bonded By Blood, but I cannot STAND Paul Baloff. I think Rob Dukes was the best vocalist Exodus ever had, honestly. He compliments Exodus' style of thrash better than anyone else.

wow.....

there's SO many things wrong with that post & this thread in general, i'm honestly sitting here in bewilderment.
do you have ears? serious question here

rob dukes doesn't compliment exodunces style of thrash at all because they don't even play thrash anymore....they play brocore for fuck sakes, in which case yeah he's perfect. but there isn't an ounce of thrash to be found in him or that band anymore-the majority of it went with Baloff to the grave, and the last shred left with Souza.

the fact you can spout such blasphemy without spontaneously combusting on the spot utterly amazes me and is just more proof that there really is no god.....or at the very least a just one

this album is the worst piece of shit money grab i've ever seen and is that shitsniffer gary holts last stab at Baloff, ANYONE who even listens to that album is not a true fan of Exodus and certainly not of Thrash
F.O.A.D.

PS fuck lee altus for being apart of this sick fucking joke, go back to Heathen dude

Brocore? Do you honestly have any idea what the hell you're talking about, or are you just using this thread as an excuse to spout your "thrash purity" agenda?

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 pm 

Putrid_Grind wrote:
RZris wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:
I actually like Let There Be Blood better than the original. Though there's sort of a trade off. I like the instrumentals better on Bonded By Blood, but I cannot STAND Paul Baloff. I think Rob Dukes was the best vocalist Exodus ever had, honestly. He compliments Exodus' style of thrash better than anyone else.

wow.....

there's SO many things wrong with that post & this thread in general, i'm honestly sitting here in bewilderment.

rob dukes doesn't compliment exodunces style of thrash at all because they don't even play thrash anymore....they play brocore for fuck sakes, in which case yeah he's perfect. but there isn't an ounce of thrash to be found in him or that band anymore-the majority of it went with Baloff to the grave, and the last shred left with Souza.

the fact you can spout such blasphemy without spontaneously combusting on the spot utterly amazes me and is just more proof that there really is no god.....or at the very least a just one

this album is the worst piece of shit money grab i've ever seen and is that shitsniffer gary holts last stab at Baloff, ANYONE who even listens to that album is not a true fan of Exodus and certainly not of Thrash
F.O.A.D.

PS fuck lee altus for being apart of this sick fucking joke, go back to Heathen dude

Brocore? Do you honestly have any idea what the hell you're talking about, or are you just using this thread as an excuse to spout your "thrash purity" agenda?

And you don't have to blame Lee Altus for anything; the new Heathen album is supposed to be coming out this winter...

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:35 pm 

RZris wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:

wow.....

F.O.A.D.

I disagree with Putrid_Grind too, but you're making a fool of yourself. Seriously, what the fuck is this about?

RZris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 pm 

Putrid_Grind wrote:

pseudo-toughguy music, invented by our friends in pantera=brocore. i know quite well what i'm talking about, you clearly don't.

and if that 'thrash purity' thing is supposed to be a veiled way of calling me a/an elitist/close minded then i'm loling. i just don't like shitty music, especially when it's a blatant money grab by a bunch of assholes, oh well.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
And you don't have to blame Lee Altus for anything; the new Heathen album is supposed to be coming out this winter...

i didn't blame him for shit, i just said he's part of the problem

Empyreal wrote:
I disagree with Putrid_Grind too, but you're making a fool of yourself. Seriously, what the fuck is this about?

honestly couldn't care less. i'm right, that's all that matters

KE3useer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm 

I don't think anyone enjoyed Let There Be Blood more than the original... But seriously what the hell is with ratting on it because it has modern recording? "Oh this shit sucks... It doesn't sound like it was recorded in a basement."

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:18 pm 

KE3useer wrote:
I don't think anyone enjoyed Let There Be Blood more than the original... But seriously what the hell is with ratting on it because it has modern recording? "Oh this shit sucks... It doesn't sound like it was recorded in a basement."

Bonded By Blood sounds like it was recorded in a basement? Seriously?

And no, I think people hate on Let There Be Blood because it has that overproduced Nuclear Blast/Metal Blade guitar tone, whereas Bonded By Blood's guitar tone sounds a little more distinctive.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm 

KE3useer wrote:

The original one didn't sound like it was recorded in a basement.

KE3useer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:22 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
KE3useer wrote:

The original one didn't sound like it was recorded in a basement.

I think it has amazing recording. I'm just using that statement as an example.

And thank you for clarifying... I didn't mean to sound like an arsehole.

Last edited by KE3useer on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:23 pm 

Why the hell is everybody bitching about Rob Dukes and not discussing the potato chip crunch guitar tone? Seriously, that's the most hideous fucking guitar tone I've ever heard.

Putrid_Grind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 pm 

RZris wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:

pseudo-toughguy music, invented by our friends in pantera=brocore. i know quite well what i'm talking about, you clearly don't.

and if that 'thrash purity' thing is supposed to be a veiled way of calling me a/an elitist/close minded then i'm loling. i just don't like shitty music, especially when it's a blatant money grab by a bunch of assholes, oh well.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:

i didn't blame him for shit, i just said he's part of the problem

Empyreal wrote:

honestly couldn't care less. i'm right, that's all that matters

There is so much wrong with every statement you make that there isn't even a point in giving a rebuttal to dispute the points you have made. You are doing a good enough job making your side of the argument look weak and unsubstantial.

Yes, people have different opinions than you. Crazy world we live in, right?

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:37 am 

Quote:
rob dukes doesn't compliment exodunces style of thrash at all because they don't even play thrash anymore....they play brocore for fuck sakes,

Brilliant. :lol:

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:34 am 

Putrid_Grind wrote:

Your opinion is totally wrong, however.

Putrid_Grind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:48 am 

Catachthonian wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:

It is? I was not aware that your opinion was a fact, making my opinion a factual error. Thank you for correcting that mistake. Where would we be without people like you, letting others know when they are wrong?

Some kinda, topsy-turvy "opinion" madhouse, that's where.

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:53 am 

Putrid_Grind wrote:
Catachthonian wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:

It is? I was not aware that your opinion was a fact, making my opinion a factual error. Thank you for correcting that mistake. Where would we be without people like you, letting others know when they are wrong?

Wake up and smell the obvious idiotic sarcasm that my post reeks of.

RZris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 am 

Putrid_Grind wrote:
There is so much wrong with every statement you make that there isn't even a point in giving a rebuttal to dispute the points you have made. You are doing a good enough job making your side of the argument look weak and unsubstantial.

lol you thought this was an arugment, that's hilarious. i was stating a fact on your sad, saaad, misguided 'opinion' (which by the way, can be and in this case is wrong, so very wrong)

Rattle_Head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 pm 

Dude! They did the Re-recording so people have an idea of how the songs would sound live with the current line-up. Thats all.

Thrasher4life
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 pm 

You know the worse bit though? It is now almost impossible to find an old copy of "bonded by blood". I really want a copy having recently heard some of the material and cant find it anywhere. All I can find is the re-recording which while ok isnt up to the same standered.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:21 pm 

I like Rob Dukes. I like Paul Baloff more, but I think Zetro owns both of them.

Rob Dukes sounded good on Let There Be Blood, but his vocals sounded dry. Songs like And Then There Were None sucked, despite the lethal as fuck guitar tone. Hell, the only good thing about the remake was the guitar tone, everything else felt so dry and watered down.

Dukes isn't a bad vocalist. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He has the drunken tone of Baloff and the pissed off sound of Zetro, but he falls short of both of them.

VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:46 pm 

RZris wrote:

I agree with everything that you have said about Exodus and Gary Holt (who I happen to know. He is a fucking egotistical asshole, who has burned many bridges for his own sake.), but I just need to say something here about what you just typed, pertaining to Lee Altus.

A. You need to show some respect for one of the only old-timers still playing quality thrash. The new Heathen material fucking slays. And as a friend of his, I don't appreciate you assuming that you know anything about why he does what he does. "Fuck Lee Altus"? He doesn't play music for you; he plays music for himself. That is what real musicians do.

B. He is still in Heathen. Heathen is essentially HIS band. They have a fucking new record coming out, for fuck's sake. You are a complete tool.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 am 

Catachthonian wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
"Another Lesson in Violence" > "Bonded by Blood" > "Let There be Blood". It's funny, it's as if Exodus feels they have to re-record this every few years...I guess they acknowledge that the original is in a sense their crowning achievment. However, its' all on that 1998 album with the exception of one song, and has so much energy and zeal there that I don't really know why they didn't just call it a day after that point.

This.

IMO Baloff's vocals on ALiV are more accessible for those who can't get into them at first (like me, for example).

This sounds awesome, don't think I've ever heard "Another Lesson in Violence" so I'm going to check that one out. Baloff is the draw to the little of Exodus that I enjoy, so it'll be interesting to see what he's like on that live album...

mjaeltbrand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:30 am 

I don't think that Rob is that bad, but I hate the production and the instrumental performance of that album.
I view any attempt to keep metal unpopular as false, because I view metal (not only do I view it; I know it to be) as an army looking for recruits. People trying to keep it down are weakening our military.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2