Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Fynn_Magnus_Lozza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:28 pm 

First of all this is a primarily begging post.

I'm in a bit of a desperate state. I just realised it's 7-10 hour train journey back down South in the middle of the night to my bed, and I would love to book a ticket - the Wizard are one of my absolute Gods, but I need somewhere to crash! Unfortunately I know fuck all anyone in Manchester. Any kind metal fans in Manchester or the vicinity willing to let me crash at their's for the night? I simply cannot afford a hotel in the middle of Manchester at the moment. There isn't a train to my home town (Bournemouth - ironically the home town of the Wizard :roll:) till five in the morning from Manchester Piccadilly, which means 5 hours of hoping not to be stabbed in a dingy manc station.

Okay, to avoid be locked for sheer wretchedness :boo: I better do something less self-focussed with this thread. Let's do a little quizzy thing in the names boredom and THC.

What are you top five Electric Wizard RIFFS?
How many times have you been high to SUPERCOVEN? (If the answer is 0, then please covert the physical density of SUPERCOVEN, or any other Wizard song, to mass - of weed, or alternatively gas giants.)
Put the following bands in order of greatness: Trouble, Kyuss, Candlemass, Sleep, Electric Wizard, High On Fire, Earth, Bongzilla, Ufomammut.
If you sneakily got your mother high on hash cakes and had to play her one Wizard song while she was happily off her tits, what would it be?

[/idiocy]

Something slightly more intriguing:

Does anyone know the names of any of the films from which the samples used in EW's songs are originate? This has been pissing me off.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.