6.Portal of Myriad 04:13
7.Dark Age of Ruin 03:58
8.Upon Desolate Sands 05:01
9.For Whom We Have Lost 03:17

Youtube: show

Gunslinger21
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm 

Crazy band. The best thing about Hate Eternal is that there is no compromise what so ever, in any of their albums. It's a pure, concentrated assault on the senses. And I like that in the last couple albums they have tried to diversify the sound a bit so its not just straight forward tremolo riffs and chords anymore, but there is actually a bit more of a (dissonant) melody in the pieces.

Can't wait to hear it.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:58 pm 

Shame it isn't the same drummer as the last album (that dude was NUTS), but any new Hate Eternal is welcome in my book.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm 

I really like the artwork too.

Gemini 7 Rising
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm 

I've thoroughly enjoyed every Hate Eternal album... even Fury & Flames, which catches a lot of flak (and sure, the mix could've been better), but I find their music relentless & uncompromising and it endures, for me anyway, because there are some great flourishes and details in virtually all of their songs. Granted, they are often buried beneath a barrage of blast beats.

Just looked up 'flourish' to be sure it was what I meant, and it reads: a bold or extravagant gesture or action, made especially to attract the attention of others. So yeah, I think their work is full of that, though you have to give it some time.

They're one of those bands that, if someone doesn't know what death metal is & if they hear some Hate Eternal, it's going to confirm all their worst fears because it's such an assault on the senses, haha. Like when I once played Behemoth for this poor woman who didn't know what extreme metal was, but she was curious, so asked me to put some on. She listened for maybe 10 seconds and developed a very concerned look on her face before replying, "Oooh, I don't think I like that." With Hate Eternal she would've said it in 3 seconds:)

I'll get this for sure though.

Bingewolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 pm 

Any insight into why this band never got more recognition? I've always enjoyed their records, as it seems most here have too. As the first reply said, they've never compromised or went in an unwanted direction. Seems like the makings for a bigger DM band.

Anyway, this is great! Can't wait to check out the full thing.

Gemini 7 Rising
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:01 am 

Bingewolf wrote:
Any insight into why this band never got more recognition? I've always enjoyed their records, as it seems most here have too. As the first reply said, they've never compromised or went in an unwanted direction. Seems like the makings for a bigger DM band.

I don't know. Hate Eternal can, admittedly, get a little monotonous at times because they seem to have just one speed (overdrive), & I think that gets old for a lot of people. But that's the appeal for others- just their sheer relentlessness. And I personally think there's plenty going on within the barrage- just great guitar licks & solos, etc. strewn throughout their songs. So, yeah it's a good question. Maybe they were a little late to the game? Seems the biggest bands in death metal started in the early 90s (Morbid Angel, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Entombed...) Hate Eternal formed in the late 90s and didn't release 'Conquering The Throne' till '99. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Though Nile formed around then & I'm guessing they're way more popular...

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 am 

Can always count on Hate Eternal, and the new song rules. Totally going to pick this up when it's out.

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Shame it isn't the same drummer as the last album (that dude was NUTS), but any new Hate Eternal is welcome in my book.

Right, but Grossmann becoming a session (full?) member is even better in my book.

Reply to topic