Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:20 am 

Dzö-nga - "To the Great Salt Water"

So I expected this to be another Elderwind or Eldamar type band with mostly unchanging rhythms in a Summoning-esque fashion, but then this part come in. :eek: :thumbsup:

Now I got to check out the rest of this.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:14 pm 

Dälek - From Filthy Tongue of Gods and Griots

Shit this is intense.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:20 pm 

Cannibal Corpse - High Velocity Impact Spatter

Awesome stuff, latest album still rocks.
Need a new one!

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:10 pm 

Opeth - The Leper Affinity

The clean vocals are absolutely fantastic.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:48 pm 

Cave In - Until Your Heart Stops

Fantastic!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:38 pm 

The White Stripes - The Air Between My Fingers

This album is American as apple pie. A great piece of music... one of my faves these days.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:56 pm 

Death Fortress - Triumph of the Undying
Damn sucka, they released this right under my nose, barely a year after the last one. Unfortunately, based off what I've heard so far I don't like it quite as much as Unyielding. It's not nearly as brutal and punishing, and is much closer to black metal than the heavy death metal influence in the previous one. I've never heard their debut, but judging by reviews and such it seems like Undying is much more similar to Unconquerable. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine album, but it's not knocking my socks off like their second album did.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:21 am 

Atheist - "An Incarnation's Dream"

Perhaps I waste too much always searching for new music discoveries, both recent and old... because very rarely does it result in anything as good as the fucking classics! This was one of my all time favorite extreme albums in high school, and it still sounds so damn good after all these years. I love the jazzy breakdown in this one. And the lead guitar is seriously fantastic, just out of this world stuff that arguably beats even Cynic and Death in that department (the ending of "Retribution" in particular)
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 am 

forestcorpse wrote:
Cannibal Corpse - High Velocity Impact Spatter

Awesome stuff, latest album still rocks.
Need a new one!

It really does, and the song in question is a killer opening. Hiiiiiiigh...ve-lo-ci-ty-im-pact-spat-ter!

They're due for another album. I wonder when it's going to be. I don't think they have too many more left in them, considering their ages, despite the fact that their last two in particular have been quite strong.

TheExodusAttack wrote:
Atheist - "An Incarnation's Dream"

Perhaps I waste too much always searching for new music discoveries, both recent and old... because very rarely does it result in anything as good as the fucking classics! This was one of my all time favorite extreme albums in high school, and it still sounds so damn good after all these years. I love the jazzy breakdown in this one. And the lead guitar is seriously fantastic, just out of this world stuff that arguably beats even Cynic and Death in that department (the ending of "Retribution" in particular)

I disagree that new stuff isn't at least on par with the classics, but Atheist are quite good! I actually tend to prefer Piece of Time over Unquestionable Presence, but both of those are pretty nifty. :)

Ketha - III-ia

This will never get old. I love how avant-garde this is and how it still flows so seamlessly from start to finish. Such an amazing album, and Ketha's whole career has been nothing short of stellar so far.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:10 am 

Bruce Dickinson - Best of

Good stuff. Brave New World good, if not better. Or at least the majority of it.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:07 am 

Power Quest — Edge of Time

This is how ya do hard rockin power metal

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:22 am 

In Solitude - Kathedral

The debut is their best by a mile and this is one of my favorite songs from it. The main riff is ultra greasy and the way he croons the chorus gets into my bones.

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 am 

Napalm_Satan wrote:
Cave In - Until Your Heart Stops

Fantastic!

OH HELL YEAH

NP: Make Them Suffer - Neverbloom

Blackened symphonic deathcore. I dig it.

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:08 pm 

His Hero Is Gone - Fifteen Counts Of Arson

Crust.

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:57 pm 

MOTHERSHIP

A great heavy metal/ Stoner band from Texas
Very cool music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHE1rggqbxQ
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:52 pm 

Black Hole - Bells of Death

Some of the finest Doom stuff around really, such a great atmosphere!

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:15 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
I disagree that new stuff isn't at least on par with the classics, but Atheist are quite good! I actually tend to prefer Piece of Time over Unquestionable Presence, but both of those are pretty nifty. :)

Well obviously I'm not trying to say I'll always prefer old albums to new stuff; I love plenty of modern metal and have happily jumped on some new trends with no regrets. I just mean sometimes it's necessary to slow down with constantly searching for/buying/downloading new music, sit back, relax and really enjoy the stuff that made you love metal in the first place!

Atheist - "Earth"

I love the 808 beat in the middle of this song. So hilariously dated yet awesome at the same time.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:40 pm 

Sarcofago - I.N.R.I - Nightmare

That lead riff. Classic, classic album. Killer album, great to listen while stoned to also...

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:27 pm 

Witchtower - Don't Turn Off the Lights

Still a favorite newer Heavy Metal band, awesome!

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:41 pm 

The Allman Brothers Band - 'Whipping Post' (1971 At Fillmore East version)

Despite 'Jessica' being perhaps one of the most prominent songs in my life I've only just checked out this band and indeed this notorious song. It's fantastic.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:19 pm 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Well obviously I'm not trying to say I'll always prefer old albums to new stuff; I love plenty of modern metal and have happily jumped on some new trends with no regrets. I just mean sometimes it's necessary to slow down with constantly searching for/buying/downloading new music, sit back, relax and really enjoy the stuff that made you love metal in the first place!

Oh, no arguments there! :) I have done the same from time to time, as well. It's nice to go back to some classics (world and personal) and rediscovering why you even like the genre at all. :D

Defeated Sanity - Disposal of the Dead/Dharmata

Still not as good as the previous one (possibly two), but the strength of this band means that this is still very nice indeed. Even the Dharmata side, which has taken some time to get into, is very strong. I hope they don't do it a second time, though, because I listen to Defeated Sanity for the brutality. As it is, this album is a very nice "split" and can sit nicely in their discography.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Black Diamond
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 pm 

Opeth - "Bleak"

"Cold fingers mark this dying breath."

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:25 am 

Abigail Williams - The World Beyond

I remember just how hyped up this was when it came out. This was definitely one of those "entryway" albums for those getting into black metal, but on its own, In the Shadow of a Thousand Suns is still really, really good. Like if you mixed mid-era Emperor with the symphonic flourishes of late 90s Dimmu Borgir.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:14 am 

Halford - Resurrection

I've always liked the energy of the first track. He goes so fucking high in the chorus. Overall this is a quality album.

Haunted Shirt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:59 am 

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple

I felt like a fly in vaseline, so I decided to give it a spin

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 am 

Desolator - Dark Epitath

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 am 

Death - Altering the Future

Spiritual Healing served as a transitional album that bridges Death's brutal beginnings with their more refined and technical future. The songs are more polished and complex than the ones in their 2 previous albums but just stops short of being overtly technical.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:59 pm 

Oranssi Pazuzu - Korppi

Something about this band has made me keep my distance but I finally caved and gave it a try. I did the psych/kraut moments but overall it left me pretty unfulfilled.

MetallicaTrueFan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:28 pm 

Iron Maiden - Invaders

One of the two lesser tracks on an otherwise great album, the other one is Gangland.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 pm 

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

My favorite Nightwish album. Anette gets waaaaay too much shit.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

televiper11 wrote:
Oranssi Pazuzu - Korppi

Something about this band has made me keep my distance but I finally caved and gave it a try. I did the psych/kraut moments but overall it left me pretty unfulfilled.

The newest one is amazing. Maybe try that if you're feeling unfulfilled here.

Arkaik - Lucid Dawn

Not as good as Metamorphignition, but this one still hits the right spots. I'm looking forward to their new one coming out in a few months!

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 pm 

Reverend Bizarre - "In the Rectory"

Kinda kicking myself now for picking Crush the Insects over In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend at the Season of Mist stand at MDF. I like this song by itself much more than the entirety of Crush the Insects.

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 pm 

Venom - Bloodlust [Radio One Session]

Drunk and dirty

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:22 pm 

Saint Vitus - Children of Doom

Pure and utter dooooom!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 pm 

Light & Shade - The Essence of Everything

Well the album title is certainly true. This band is a standard female fronted heavy/power metal band for the most part, but they throw in touches of melodeath and metalcore and random opportunities (with the woman handling the screaming) and it can be jarring at times, but in all honesty I actually really like this. It's a little standard and disjointed which means I'd usually just listen to it once and forget about it, but this vocalist really does shine and keep me interested. She has a great voice and keeps it buttery smooth for a good chunk of the time like you'd expect, but at least a few times per track she'll lose her mind and climax into this really gnarly Battle Beast style shriek, and I fucking love it. Most of the album is the usual cornball cheese you'd find anywhere but I dunno, it works here. The most normal and poppy song is also the clear standout, with You Are pretty much crushing everything else after an initial listen. The title track and Brokenhearted are pretty cool too but I can already tell that You Are is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the year.

This is minor, but for fuck sake why would you put "Brokenhearted" and "Lionhearted" right next to each other in the tracklisting? And why the hell is the former a ripping power metal tune and the latter a ballad? SHIT'S BACKWARDS YO.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:00 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Light & Shade - The Essence of Everything

Well the album title is certainly true. This band is a standard female fronted heavy/power metal band for the most part, but they throw in touches of melodeath and metalcore and random opportunities (with the woman handling the screaming) and it can be jarring at times, but in all honesty I actually really like this. It's a little standard and disjointed which means I'd usually just listen to it once and forget about it, but this vocalist really does shine and keep me interested. She has a great voice and keeps it buttery smooth for a good chunk of the time like you'd expect, but at least a few times per track she'll lose her mind and climax into this really gnarly Battle Beast style shriek, and I fucking love it. Most of the album is the usual cornball cheese you'd find anywhere but I dunno, it works here. The most normal and poppy song is also the clear standout, with You Are pretty much crushing everything else after an initial listen. The title track and Brokenhearted are pretty cool too but I can already tell that You Are is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the year.

This is minor, but for fuck sake why would you put "Brokenhearted" and "Lionhearted" right next to each other in the tracklisting? And why the hell is the former a ripping power metal tune and the latter a ballad? SHIT'S BACKWARDS YO.

Well, this is unsettling. I just listened to this very album for the first time today, and I have basically the same opinions about it that you have (except I also liked tracks 2-4).

GET OUT OF MY HEEEEAAAAADDD

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:41 pm 

Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream

The best thing ever.

Black Diamond
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 pm 

Megadeth - "Dystopia"

"The quickest way to end a war is lose."

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:55 am 

the committee - power through unity

Not all "epic" black metal has to be aligned with shitty nazi ideology. This is one of the best things I've heard in a long time and it's about as far left as you can get.. I think this might've broken my dry spell with metal. Sounds like a bit of Graveland and Mgla coupled with some Ukrainian nationalist bands like Kroda or lutomysl

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 am 

Brute - Henchmen

So far, probably the best Slovak metal record to come out this year. Very nicely done death metal.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 2037, 2038, 2039, 2040, 2041, 2042, 2043 ... 2914  Next