https://vehemencembm.bandcamp.com/album/assi-g

Not bad. :thumbsup:

(2018) Aorlhac - L'esprit des vents:
https://ladlo.bandcamp.com/album/lesprit-des-vents

Better! :thumbsup:

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm 

Demolition Hammer - Pyroclastic Annihilation. How did I just hear about these guys? This is some pummeling shit! Pumped to see them live next month!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 pm 

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
Demolition Hammer - Pyroclastic Annihilation. How did I just hear about these guys? This is some pummeling shit! Pumped to see them live next month!

I was listening to (1992) Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence (2008 Limited Black Disc Collector's Edition) last weekend and saw them at last year's Brutal Assault. :beer:

Prepare to get destroyed. :-P

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:42 pm 

White Zombie - "More Human Than Human"

Way back Wednesday! This song was my jam back in 1995! LOL!

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:26 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Ace_Rimmer wrote:

I was listening to (1992) Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence (2008 Limited Black Disc Collector's Edition) last weekend and saw them at last year's Brutal Assault. :beer:

Prepare to get destroyed. :-P

Fucking right. They are playing this small fest, Full Terror Assault, and when they got added I had never heard of them. Finally got that record and holy shit! Looking forward to the fest even more now. :beer:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 am 

Iron Savior - Warrior 2017

Shit, I am actually really liking these re-recorded versions. Thunderous guitar sound and Piet has maybe never sounded better. Really crazy. I hope he can carry this type of sound to the next album rather than the lame shit on the last album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgq-YioZwU

I'm actually getting chills from this.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 am 

Forgotten Woods - Overmotets pris

This song makes the 1st album irrelevant, in my view :D It's like a best-of compilation of the best riffs on the 1st album, altered slightly, and given a more interesting drum performance.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Iron Savior - Warrior 2017

Shit, I am actually really liking these re-recorded versions. Thunderous guitar sound and Piet has maybe never sounded better. Really crazy. I hope he can carry this type of sound to the next album rather than the lame shit on the last album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgq-YioZwU

I'm actually getting chills from this.

The re-recordings do sound really good, but again, I can't stand it when they change the song's original key! First SA changed the key on "Destruction Preventer," and now Iron Savior changed the key on "Tales of the Bold"...those are both my favorite songs by those bands, and they committed base treason by altering the key!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:35 am 

The SA re-recordings weren't as good as the originals but still sounded pretty good and interesting. These actually sound a little better than the old ones. I guess I don't care about key changes. Plus, the originals are still out there anyway.

Daysbetween
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 am 

Winterfylleth

Playing their discography in release date order today. Great UK folky black metal.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am 

Tygers of Pan Tang - Wild Cat

I think the debut of the Tygers is an underrated NWOBHM ditty. There is much to like about this one - rawer, rocking and simpler than any other of their albums.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 pm 

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction

The beast of an album!

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:44 pm 

Striborg - Mysterious Semblance of Spectral Trees

Good old Striborg, lovely and strange atmosphere.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm 

Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence. Which is exactly what this record feels like!

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:14 pm 

Stormwitch - Walpurgis Night

Pretty solid straight up heavy metal album from the 80s. Didn't know this German band at all. Was on the Spotify recommendations for Manilla Road.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:25 pm 

Festivus wrote:

Pretty solid straight up heavy metal album from the 80s. Didn't know this German band at all. Was on the Spotify recommendations for Manilla Road.

Weird. Early Stormwitch sounds nothing like Manilla Road. A solid record to be sure but their later stuff gets much better as far as songwriting goes.

Overcharge - Speedsick

Rockin Motorhead-metal-punk!

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:30 pm 

Zdan wrote:
Festivus wrote:

Weird. Early Stormwitch sounds nothing like Manilla Road. A solid record to be sure but their later stuff gets much better as far as songwriting goes.

Overcharge - Speedsick

Rockin Motorhead-metal-punk!

Spotify's recommendations are not as good/accurate as last.fm's. Often they just seem to list bands from the same time period/decade, even if their style and sound are different from each other.

Namie Amuro - Checkmate!

After some metal albums, here I am back to j-pop. People often praise Ayumi Hamasaki(and she's had some good stuff, don't get me wrong), but I've always been more of a Namie Amuro and Koda Kumi fan.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 pm 

Striker - Underground

I heard some of their stuff last year but somehow never got around to buying albums yet. This is surprisingly deft, complex and yet kickass music, with the production, writing style and vocals all being basically perfect for what I want out of trad metal.

Honestly I think I slept on these guys because I'd never read much about exactly how well written this stuff is, much better than many bands of their ilk now.

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 am 

The Chasm - "Reaching the Veil of Death"

One of my long time favorite bands. I haven't spun my CDs of them for so long, I just had to listen to this awesome song.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:45 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Striker - Underground

I heard some of their stuff last year but somehow never got around to buying albums yet. This is surprisingly deft, complex and yet kickass music, with the production, writing style and vocals all being basically perfect for what I want out of trad metal.

Honestly I think I slept on these guys because I'd never read much about exactly how well written this stuff is, much better than many bands of their ilk now.

I love me some Striker and I appreciate the songcraft and complexity. If they could only couple it with a pinch more of the raw approach that was present on their two first albums I would be game. Some punkish rawness.

Speaking of which:

Bat - Wings of Chains

I hope this not the only album they do because this kind of stuff is my jam - raw, punky heavy/speed metal!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am 

Yeah I liked what I heard of the old stuff. The polish and refinement in these later albums is really hitting a sweet spot though. They just seem to be on fucking fire.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Yeah I liked what I heard of the old stuff. The polish and refinement in these later albums is really hitting a sweet spot though. They just seem to be on fucking fire.

Agreed. It kinda reminds of the evolution of Enforcer with their songcraft. Of course it is done in a different way with Enforcer but the point stands - a great evolution in both cases. Enforcer just went for amazing melodicism while not losing any of the power.

Enforcer - From Beyond

"Undying Evil" is such a hit!

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 am 

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence. Which is exactly what this record feels like!

:thumbsup:

NP: Gladiator - Bastard Death

Beneath the Remains-esque thrash from 1992. it's not original or anything, but sounds convincing enough to me so.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am 

Yngwie Malmsteen - Dreaming (Tell Me)

The best ballad I've heard from him. Really loving 'Odyssey' after a while.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm 

Festivus wrote:

Some Stormwitch is really good. Got their three first albums (I recall), and some compilation of their early tracks. Songs like 'Priest of Evil' and 'Stronger Than Heaven' should be more known. Not really knowledgeable with German heavy metal apart from the obvious greats, but they belong to the better half. "Witch Metal"?

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:50 pm 

LordStenhammar wrote:
Festivus wrote:

Some Stormwitch is really good. Got their three first albums (I recall), and some compilation of their early tracks. Songs like 'Priest of Evil' and 'Stronger Than Heaven' should be more known. Not really knowledgeable with German heavy metal apart from the obvious greats, but they belong to the better half. "Witch Metal"?

The next two albums - "The Beauty and the Beast" and "Eye of the Storm" are also very solid albums if you like melodicism and some quite...romantic undertones in your metal. Solid stuff.

Battlerage - Steel Supremacy

Absolutely raw and powerful. It is not for prog fans and perfectionists but who cares - this is heavy fuckin' metal!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 pm 

I was blindsided yesterday when I found out Erra has released a new album. Had no idea whatsoever. I got it without hearing or seeing anything and the first song is already better than practically everything on Drift while at the same time sounding so similar. Jesse must have had the flu or something cause his vocals on Drift were so weak. Here he's back in better form. The production is way better, too. Only heard the first song so far.

edit: three songs in and it's turning into Ghost Atlas (Jesse's other band) with harsh vocals + djenty riffs.

edit 2: having finished a first run, this is far superior to Drift while essentially being written the same way. Doesn't touch the Garrison-led albums but it's good to hear the band actually being great again.

edit 3: multiple listens. I can't stop listening. Wonderful stuff.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Daysbetween
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 am 

Borrowed Time - Borrowed Time (2013)

Had to clean the dust off the case while this played so I guess it’s been a few years since I spun it despite really liking it when it was released. Music is ok heavy metal but vocals are way average. Don’t think I’ll play it again soon.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:40 am 

Carcass - Necroticism – Descanting the Insalubrious

A true classic in Death Metal.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 am 

Invocator - "Weave the Apocalypse"

Exhorder-sized riffs and dizzying technical riff precision is wasted by the hardcore-ish, Phil Anselmo-like tough guy vox and dumbed down groove metal parts. This was released in 1993 after all.

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 am 

Kataklysm - Meditations

Checking these guys out for the first time. I am a huge fan of Death Metal, but somehow these guys always flew under my radar. This albums is excellent. The drummer is absolutely beastly.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:23 am 

Hell - Curse and Chapter

Been playing this album a ton in the last few months. I think I still like Human Remains more, but this one absolutely kills.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:49 pm 

Autarcie - La Fin du Trimardeur

Great stuff, kinda epic sounding.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 pm 

Tribulation - 2015 - The Children Of The Night

Not bad at first listen. I'm a huge sucker for this kind of atmosphere.

~Guest 323749
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:39 pm 

Testament - Sins of Omission

Just might be my favourite Testament song. It's so badass!

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 pm 

Turisas - Battle Metal

t's been years since I've listened to this Finnish viking/folk/battle metal classic by Turisas. Still a pretty entertaining album overall.

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 pm 

The Cult - "New York City"

Pure rock n' roll intensity!

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm 

Jawbreaker - Condition Oakland

Just a beautifully raw heart-on-your-sleeve punk song, really.

TrooperEd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 am 

Deep Purple- Bloodsucker
I didn't know children book fans were so angry.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 2160, 2161, 2162, 2163, 2164, 2165, 2166 ... 2925  Next