Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Velvet_Creation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm 

Can someone name what are the presses of this release and what cover art and number of songs they each had? Was it 3 or 4 different presses?

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm 

According to the archives here there are 3 pressings. My version is the one with the swastika picture inside. But the information on the archives is incorrect, it says that it was limited to 2,000 units with a black embossed jewel case.
I ordered my version directly from Osmose on the middle 90s and it came in a standard jewel case with a sticker on the case that says "No politics, just music. Limited to 2,000 units".
A friend of mine has the same and until now I didn't ever see that mysterious embossed case.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Velvet_Creation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm 

the information on the Archives is very confusing indeed and that's why I decided to ask here.

I think that the one you have is not the first press, it might be the second press though. Did yours come with a poster? I heard the very first press did come with one. I think they added that sticker to the second press because of the polemic firs press.

If all that is right, would the more common demon cover be the 3rd press?

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm 

Yeah, thats indeed a little confusing. As far as I know the swastika artwork has never been released as front cover because of the censorship. The first press should be the one with the demon on the front.
The booklet of my version can be folded out so that the swastika artwork can also be used as A3 poster.
But I don't know the difference between my version and the "third press". To be honest, there is quite some wrong information posted in the archives (e.g. Autopsy, Absurd or Darkthrone releases) so perhaps there are only two versions.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Velvet_Creation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm 

Yeah, I know that there has never been a swastika on the cover, maybe I expressed myself badly, sorry.

The thing is, I thought that the one with the swastika was the actual first press and the demon one came later maybe because it was a bad idea and it got censored.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.