Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AsinineUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 am 

Yeah. And leather vests make you look gay, unless you're Rob Halford. And then you ARE gay.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 am 

Must be a real pain worrying about stuff like that.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

AsinineUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 am 

I'm being facetious, dude.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:46 am 

666Emperor666 wrote:
Necroghast wrote:
Putting together a whole new batch of patches: Cormorant, Alda, Horn, Alcest, Les Discrets, Nest, ColdWorld, Irminsul, Dordeduh, Panopticon and Drudkh. Once I've got those I will post definitely post pictures.

WHERE did you get a Nest patch???

I'm printing it myself!

RTL89
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:11 am 

Hi guys, just joined this site mainly because I found this thread after googling "metal vest patches" not too long ago. I wanted to pitch my two cents, as well as share my patches with you guys!! (I suck at taking pics so for now, I'm just gonna describe all my patches)

Does anybody else, aside from me, get frustrated when room starts to run out on your vest? I'm stuck in that rut. Although it's common sense to simply start on a second vest, I get irritated at the fact that my entire collage of music taste can't fit on a single vest. Anybody else feel the same way?

In terms of patches I have, I currently have sewn on:

Backpatch - Rush: A Farewell To Kings

Collar: Municipal Waste, Bad Religion, Thin Lizzy, Accept (all just logos)

Back, surrounding back patch, from top to bottom: Arctic Monkeys, Mastodon, Ghost: Opus Eponymous, Volbeat: Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood, Overkill, Slayer: Show No Mercy, Metallica: Kill 'Em All, Violence: Eternal Nightmare, Exodus: Bonded By Blood, Flotsam and Jetsam: Doomsday For The Deceiver, Death: Scream Bloody Gore, Exciter: Heavy Metal Maniac, Corrosion Of Conformity, Blink 182

Front of vest(right): Axxion, Skull Fist, Deep Purple: Machine Head, Jethro Tull: Aqua Lung

Front of vest(left): Riot: Thundersteel, Motorhead: Ace Of Spades, Tygers Of Pan Tang, Violator: Chemical Assault

...and now I'm running out of room. I still need to buy an Anthrax patch, and I'm desperately... I repeat... DESPERATELY.... trying to find a patch for "The Darkness", but I can't find a patch for this band ANYWHERE. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:28 pm 

Alright, here's where I'm at. I think I need a few more smaller patches to finish it off.

front: Obsidian Tongue, Cormorant, Dordeduh, Woods of Desolation, Winterfylleth, Fen, Alcest, Austere, Cnoc An Tursa, A Forest of Stars, Altar of Plagues, Lantlos, Negura Bunget, Askival, Drudkh and Wodensthrone.

back: Gris, Agalloch, Sombres Forets, Panopticon, Ash Borer, Alda, Autolatry, Horn, Irminsul, Arsaidh, ColdWorld, Amesoeurs, Nest and Les Discrets.

I tried to arrange them (very very very generally) by scene, but If anyone has any other suggestions for arrangements I'm all ears.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:43 pm 

Looks pretty good! I would get an Empyrium and an Ulver logo patches as well.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm 

CuernosdeChivo wrote:
these are mine jackets.

Spoiler: show
The first one:

In Brazil is hard to find patches of quality and with a affordable price, then the solution was to paint most of my patches, like misfits, slayer, kiss, Judas Priest and others.

This is awesome! Full of patches, but looks well pieced-together, not cluttered.

Antithetical
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:23 pm 

This is the second battlevest I've created. I'm not sure if it's finished yet or not. I should straighten out that Arcturus patch at some point.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 am 

Antithetical wrote:
This is the second battlevest I've created. I'm not sure if it's finished yet or not. I should straighten out that Arcturus patch at some point.

Dude, wicked Carnivore patch!

trace6x
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:33 am 

Does anyone know where I could find a nice square Electric Wizard back patch? Ideally one of these two designs, I've seen a few on ebay with different art but I really don't like the tapered patches
Is it possible to get one printed myself somewhere? Would have to ship to the UK though

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 am 

I hate to sound like a broken record but it would be really easy to print either of those yourself.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:23 pm 

Necroghast wrote:
Alright, here's where I'm at. I think I need a few more smaller patches to finish it off.

front: Obsidian Tongue, Cormorant, Dordeduh, Woods of Desolation, Winterfylleth, Fen, Alcest, Austere, Cnoc An Tursa, A Forest of Stars, Altar of Plagues, Lantlos, Negura Bunget, Askival, Drudkh and Wodensthrone.

back: Gris, Agalloch, Sombres Forets, Panopticon, Ash Borer, Alda, Autolatry, Horn, Irminsul, Arsaidh, ColdWorld, Amesoeurs, Nest and Les Discrets.

I tried to arrange them (very very very generally) by scene, but If anyone has any other suggestions for arrangements I'm all ears.

This turned out really cool, although it is a little more crowded than I like my vests. You've got a lot of great patches from atmospheric bm bands.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:05 pm 

Thanks! do you think I should just space out the patches more evenly and call it done? I was hoping to get patches from Thy Light, Vallendusk, In Human Form and Infera Bruo (the last two being really good bands from my local scene) but I could just be done with this one.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:09 pm 

Necroghast wrote:
Thanks! do you think I should just space out the patches more evenly and call it done? I was hoping to get patches from Thy Light, Vallendusk, In Human Form and Infera Bruo (the last two being really good bands from my local scene) but I could just be done with this one.

Not having it crowded is just my personal preference, if you want to add more patches than go for it! I think it'll look cool either way, and if you put more on and decide it's too much you can always take a few off and start another one.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:21 pm 

trace6x wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find a nice square Electric Wizard back patch? Ideally one of these two designs, I've seen a few on ebay with different art but I really don't like the tapered patches
Is it possible to get one printed myself somewhere? Would have to ship to the UK though

You could contact a guy on facebook who does screen printed patches for awesome prices! a real nice guy and is very genuine! his business name is Dolly Patchaos Productions. He has custom made me a few different patches (Captain Cleanoff, Death toll 80k, Dahmer) to name a few! he will ship to UK for sure! good luck :)

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm 

Antithetical wrote:

What's the patch just above Skinny Puppy on the front?

CuernosdeChivo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:37 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
CuernosdeChivo wrote:
these are mine jackets.

The first one:

In Brazil is hard to find patches of quality and with a affordable price, then the solution was to paint most of my patches, like misfits, slayer, kiss, Judas Priest and others.

This is awesome! Full of patches, but looks well pieced-together, not cluttered.

Thanks man, was a problem to do this, but I liked the result

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:31 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

8/10. Would bang.

What's wrong with leather vests again? I mean, as long as they are accessorized with enough shiny metal?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm 

Antithetical wrote:

Dude, awesome vest! I have both these Bob Dylan and Blood Ceremony patches and they'll be on my new one, cool taste!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:11 am 

Antithetical wrote:

Killer vest man! love the Abruptum patch!!

Antithetical
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 pm 

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone.

analog_winter wrote:
What's the patch just above Skinny Puppy on the front?

I cut that one out of an old Emperor "Witches Sabbath" longsleeve that fell apart on me.

Metantoine wrote:
Dude, awesome vest! I have both these Bob Dylan and Blood Ceremony patches and they'll be on my new one, cool taste!

Thanks! I had the pleasure of seeing Bob Dylan and Blood Ceremony play live recently (not together har har), which is where I got the patches. Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel were some of my earliest favorite music, before I got into metal or anything, so that shaped a lot of my taste on the folkier end of things.

CuernosdeChivo wrote:
these are mine jackets.

The first one:

That is awesome. Respect for the variety & for the great job painting your own stuff.

Last edited by Antithetical on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

What's wrong with leather vests again? I mean, as long as they are accessorized with enough shiny metal?

No. Leather vests are awesome. The contrast of blacks looks great when wearing hoodies or shirts underneath.
The only downside being it can be a pain to stitch after a while if it's thick leather.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:18 am 

A few years ago I remember seeing somewhere a leather jacket that had the Bestial Warlust artwork painted on the back, im not to sure if it was a band member or a close friend but im positive they had some tie to the band itself, I im considering giving this a go myself (not on the level of the artist I saw but something a little less challenging) but my question is does anyone know if you need a specific paint that wont crack and peel off? and if so what type of paint?

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 am 

halfformedfetus wrote:
A few years ago I remember seeing somewhere a leather jacket that had the Bestial Warlust artwork painted on the back, im not to sure if it was a band member or a close friend but im positive they had some tie to the band itself, I im considering giving this a go myself (not on the level of the artist I saw but something a little less challenging) but my question is does anyone know if you need a specific paint that wont crack and peel off? and if so what type of paint?

Acrylic is fine. I'm nearly done with mine; it just needs the hammergear symbol on the back. I will be posting the finished thing here soon, so you could look at that and see if it'll work for you.

phantaz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:16 pm 

And, if I may ask, what do you guys recommend in terms of pens for textil? I am not a big fan of brushes, and prefer a smooth but clean line, in opposition to the line you get with a brush (is it that or the fact that I am not an expert with the brush LOL).
I have 'Edding' pens, but a 'dies' a bit when you use it in denim :z I like 'Posca', but does the paint stand out in the denim our do I need to give like 3 or 4 covers? Eheh
Thanks in advance :)

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:46 pm 

DeathspellDelta wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:

Acrylic is fine. I'm nearly done with mine; it just needs the hammergear symbol on the back. I will be posting the finished thing here soon, so you could look at that and see if it'll work for you.

Awesome! im very keen to see your jacket! so you don't have any problems with acrylic? doesn't peel or need to be sealed? well i guess i can start soon! il post up whatever i end up doing :)

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:38 am 

Image It turned out ok, could be better but its my first attempt at painting instead of patches!
Image this could have turned out better, but its ok

ImageThe back is of course a patch

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 am 

halfformedfetus wrote:

Awesome! im very keen to see your jacket! so you don't have any problems with acrylic? doesn't peel or need to be sealed? well i guess i can start soon! il post up whatever i end up doing :)

No it doesn't peel off. I think some of it gets absorbed into the leather. I once tried scratching some off due to a mistake, and it wouldn't. So I wouldn't worry about it coming off. If you want to be really safe though, coat it with some non-glossy leather varnish. Also, seeing your new pictures, which I think is very cool btw, I would recommend dabbing paint on the stencil many times over, rather than spray painting it. That way, the paint seems more consistent and natural; you also don't get that unwanted gradation effect.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:28 am 

DeathspellDelta wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:

No it doesn't peel off. I think some of it gets absorbed into the leather. I once tried scratching some off due to a mistake, and it wouldn't. So I wouldn't worry about it coming off. If you want to be really safe though, coat it with some non-glossy leather varnish. Also, seeing your new pictures, which I think is very cool btw, I would recommend dabbing paint on the stencil many times over, rather than spray painting it. That way, the paint seems more consistent and natural; you also don't get that unwanted gradation effect.

Thanks heaps for the tips you have been very helpful! I might even consider putting the leviathan half moon somewhere but I don't want to throw out the symmetry see how I go! I might find some non gloss varnish somewhere in the future but for now I don't think the paint will come of easy (as you stated) its stuck on good! I wish I could find the Bestial Warlust one I saw years ago

juusokult
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:13 pm 

Here's my vest. I'm not sure should I add more patches or not, because I like the way it is now. Two more patches on the front side wouldn't be bad, I guess.

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 am 

Love that Eyehategod backpatch, did you take that from a shirt or is that an actually backpatch?

juusokult
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:12 am 

lupin99 wrote:
Love that Eyehategod backpatch, did you take that from a shirt or is that an actually backpatch?

It's an actual backpatch. Bought it from a friend, but I'm not sure where he got it from.

VulgarDisplayofKVLT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 pm 

Love the Eyehategod patch, man. Killer!

kiekan66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 am 

I'm starting my second vest. Does anyone know a distro that still has Undergang and Ataraxy patches (or would someone be willing to sell one :P)?
But we do exist in a million ways."

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27 pm 

RTL89 wrote:
I'm desperately... I repeat... DESPERATELY.... trying to find a patch for "The Darkness", but I can't find a patch for this band ANYWHERE. Does anybody have any suggestions?

The Glam Rock band?

I stumbled across this totally on accident:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Darkness-Lo ... 565533a843

trace6x
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am 

halfformedfetus wrote:
trace6x wrote:

You could contact a guy on facebook who does screen printed patches for awesome prices! a real nice guy and is very genuine! his business name is Dolly Patchaos Productions. He has custom made me a few different patches (Captain Cleanoff, Death toll 80k, Dahmer) to name a few! he will ship to UK for sure! good luck :)

Thanks for the reply, I sent him a message but he never got back to me, I'm guessing it's rather difficult to find someone who'll just print and ship me one patch but does anyone have any other ideas?
I know what I want the finished thing to look like, can't wait!

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 pm 

Thanks for the reply, I sent him a message but he never got back to me, I'm guessing it's rather difficult to find someone who'll just print and ship me one patch but does anyone have any other ideas?
I know what I want the finished thing to look like, can't wait![/quote]

No worries I private messaged him for you aswell hopefully he gets back to you :) hes a top bloke! his patches are awesome quality, I know he has been sick lately in hospital so he might be just getting better, he will definitely do 1 patch for you.. anyway good luck man :)

trace6x
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am 

Quote:
halfformedfetus wrote:
I know what I want the finished thing to look like, can't wait!

No worries I private messaged him for you aswell hopefully he gets back to you :) hes a top bloke! his patches are awesome quality, I know he has been sick lately in hospital so he might be just getting better, he will definitely do 1 patch for you.. anyway good luck man :)

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to post it here if I manage to get the patch!

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 pm 

I'm about to give mine a quick wash in luke-warm water - wish me luck, I've been putting this off for a while in the fear that it might spontaneously dissolve when it touches the water, but it needs to be done.

Had a weird moment when I was taking all of the pin-badges off, noticing how many fewer are there than I initially put on; so many of them have fallen off at random, never to be seen again.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 88  Next