Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nordic_Warhammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:56 pm 

I just stumbled upon this a little bit ago, quite to my surprise and figured there are probably others who will be interested in this as well. Essentially, Absurd are remastering and re releasing their old demo material along with the only demo put out by Sacrifice Slaughtered Jesus (the one time band of 2nd wave Absurd vocalist Wolf) as a two CD/four vinyl record set.

There are samples found via the link below that contains various clips comparing the original material with the remastered material (of which I am rather pleased with).

Samples, track list and such.

Cheers!

Vorfahren: Neofolk from the Pacific Northwest https://vorfahren.bandcamp.com/releases

_Aargh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:06 pm 

I've been looking forward to this for some time. I would've preferred this without remastering, but you can't have everything.

Marinos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:58 pm 

Most demo's of well known bands I've heard, the band generally knows how to play well, but its just their style / techinque that is refined and changed over the years.

There are alot of other bands however (sepultura comes to mind) where you can clearly see the band has no idea how to play their instruments in the begining of their carrer, and matures well into their first few proper releases. Absurd is definatly one of them.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 pm 

This stuff is complete crap that will sell just because it has the Absurd name on it. Seriously, people use pre-TPM Absurd as a benchmark for utter shite. It seems that Absurd is just a way of making money nowadays seeing as new t-shirts and hoodies come out on a monthly basis and now there's this crap.

It's strange that Facta Loquuntur hasn't been available on vinyl for ages yet there's loads of dumb Absurd merch and these rubbish demos being reissued.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:29 am 

When I started tapetrading in early 90es, this shitty Absurd demo (Death From The Forest) I had to copy to everyone. It is one of the shittiest/crappiest releases ever. There is no Black Metal on it. Just amateurish noise... therefore I pressed the copy button and left the room for 30 minutes.

eatinggoatguts
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:38 am 

Jesus, I wouldn't even wipe my fucking ass with these homosexual demo tapes, because I hate gay Nazi metal garbage, made by cock-sucking Nazi cunts, who love to blow each other, and if I'd wipe my ass with this crap, I'm sure my dick would just die off.

_Aargh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:35 pm 

eatinggoatguts wrote:
Jesus, I wouldn't even wipe my fucking ass with these homosexual demo tapes, because I hate gay Nazi metal garbage, made by cock-sucking Nazi cunts, who love to blow each other, and if I'd wipe my ass with this crap, I'm sure my dick would just die off.

That's a great post. I hope you'll get raped by skinheads next time you leave home.

I've enjoyed what I've heard of Absurd's demo stuff. Sure it's not musically that great, but there's something that makes it enjoyable.

Slats
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm 

Not exactly topic related, but I was wondering, are JFN, Doom, and Surt the performers on Facta Loquuntur, or was it someone else due to them being incarcerated at the time?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 pm 

Facta was recorded in prison.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:13 pm 

Bezerko wrote:
Facta was recorded in prison.

It was only 2 or 3 songs recorded in prison. I can't be bothered to go check now but the recording details are in the booklet of the 2006 CD version.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.