Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:32 pm 

Anyone heard it? is it in the same vein as the ep before? or is it real music this time? Anyone know of any mp3s online? or a place that i could download it from?

I'm hoping there's real songs this time, something similar to Dethrone...remotely. Just not the goddamn noise that made up the last ep.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:21 pm 

WinterBliss wrote:
Anyone heard it? is it in the same vein as the ep before? or is it real music this time? Anyone know of any mp3s online? or a place that i could download it from?

I'm hoping there's real songs this time, something similar to Dethrone...remotely. Just not the goddamn noise that made up the last ep.
I highly doubt it will sound like Dethrone. I actually gave up on anything Ledney has done since Dethrone, so I wasn't aware Havohej was going to be releasing anything new at all. But I suppose I'll look for it and give it a listen. If I hear it before you, I'll get back to you. Chances are though, if Ledney is working completely alone, it will be noise with drums and vocals.

I don't want to hijack your thread at all, but I have a Havohej question...... What's so great about Havohej? Dethrone the Son of God... That's a fantastic record. But I haven't found a single good quality in any of the other releases from this project. What's so "revolutionary" about this band? Everyone has so much good to say about it.

Thy_Olde
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:38 pm 

The last profanatica was pretty 'safe' as well. Ledney should stop making music AND making shitty photoshop album covers as well.

Dana White
Season 7 TUF

WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:40 pm 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:

I don't want to hijack your thread at all, but I have a Havohej question...... What's so great about Havohej? Dethrone the Son of God... That's a fantastic record. But I haven't found a single good quality in any of the other releases from this project. What's so "revolutionary" about this band? Everyone has so much good to say about it.

beats me. The same people that think the Patrick Bateman ep by Krieg is amazing. I feel it's like Jackson Pollock, real emotion, but simplistic, laughable, and shitty artistic output.

The Profanatica lp was awesome, i think Ledney should just stick with Profanatica and stop riding the Havohej horse into the ground. Probably a money thing, look at how HHR is pushing the 15 different versions of Dethrone... that have been repressed.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:07 pm 

How does real emotion = shitty artistic output?
Unless the emotions are laughable, I don't quite understand.

Thy_Olde
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:52 pm 

The ONLY Ledney stuff that's mandatory is;

Profanatica/Massacre split (Osmose)
Profanatica - Collection (that way you can just have it ALL)
Havohej - Dethrone the Son of God (original candlelight OR re-issue w/terrible photoshopped cover)

*Toten/Contrivisti - split (NWN!) if you feel like discovering the origins of Paul Ledney's evil little ideas.

everything else is a split decison, some like..others hate.

Dana White
Season 7 TUF

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:54 pm 

Thy_Olde wrote:
The ONLY Ledney stuff that's mandatory is;

"The Black Mist".

Everything else isn't worth getting.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.