Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
skyforestblaze
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 pm 

F.O.A.D.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:02 pm 

skyforestblaze is no more. His Enlightened opponents are liable to follow hot on his heels if they do not quickly get things back on track.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:22 pm 

Just gave it a listen after seeing this thread. Utter shit.

WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:42 pm 

What little i heard sounded completely emotionless and like shit. I for one loved Volcano. I thought it was a great album no matter what influences it took or what it should be categorized as i liked it a ton. Out of all their albums i listen to that one the most.

Now,Diabolical sucked ass and it seems they've continued with being awful.

I was hoping they'd catch their footing after Now, Diabolical but it seems that they haven't; for shame Satyricon, for shame.

I don't really see how this Black n'roll is a trend. The only bands i would label this are Newer Satyricon, Newer Darkthrone, and Khold. None of those bands sounds like the others, and i really don't know of anyother "black n'roll" artists. I for one like Khold, the groove and backbeat is nice to hear from a black metal band and it's just fun. New Darkthrone doesn't sound like rock as much as it does old thrash/ punk, so i don't see the whole rock thing. Trends are bad when bands jump on the coatails of the creators, but if a band simply changes their style and it influnces others why should they be blamed?

Brutal death metal could've been seen as a trend, does that mean bands like Suffocation and Malignancy should be spat on? being that many brutal death metal bands are just clones and super boring. No.

Bash a band for being bad, not for a title that people have attributed to them. the last two satyricon albums suck, regardless of their genre. It's commercial tripe, and unlike Darkthrone there's no emotion or personal merit to it, at least Fenriz's heart is in making punky black metal and telling people about all the obscure music he listens to.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:32 pm 

Well... unlike Now, Diabolical, which could only have some purpose as a cure for insomnia if it wasn't so goddamn boring that it actually grates on my nerves, I've actually managed to listen to The Age Of Nero from start to finish.

There are some more good moments riff-wise, though nothing mindblowing, but the frequency of embarassingly lazy, unimaginative songwriting abortions (Black Crow on a Tombstone... wtf?) seems to have dimished a bit. I'd say overall decent with some mediocre moments, which is a bit better than I expected.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:10 pm 

I actually have found upon repeated listens that Rebel Extravaganza is quite rewarding. First two tracks are awesome as well as Supersonic Journey.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3