Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
harrees
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:24 pm
Posts: 3
Location: India
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:54 am 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8dzHYOKfg

Minute 5 mark. Can anyone help me with the name of that tune, please?

Top
 Profile  
stevopotato
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:13 pm 
 

Hi guys,

For a couple of years, I've been trying to track down the name of a heavy / viking metal song that I've heard, loved, and forgot the name of.

The outro is amazing, and for memory, has these elements:

Sounds kiiinda like Amon Amarth.
Fairly sure it has flute.
Possibly has some synth, too.
The vocals sound kinda like chanting.
Rolling bass drum during the outro.
Strangely, the login screen music to Final Fantasy XIV Online reminds me of
the song - https://youtu.be/4Yvku87BlHE

I've been struggling to find this by googling, and I've spent many hours on Spotify, with no luck.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
aloof
avant-gardener

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: never neverland, palm trees by the sea
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:48 am 
 

harrees wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8dzHYOKfg

Minute 5 mark. Can anyone help me with the name of that tune, please?


check the comments under the video :) it's a very rough rendition of the "you are my sunshine" vocal melody... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Are_My_Sunshine
_________________
the devil is very old indeed, we sit with a few stories to tell

Top
 Profile  
Joel327
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:04 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm 
 

ALL HANDS ON DECK

it’s not Mortician
I’ve posted this 3 times and haven’t got much response . I’m trying to find a song (death or black metal) that samples the very ending of the original Alfred Hitchcock Phyco movie

https://youtu.be/dYDxxHrlmUg

But have had no luck GOING NUTS... thanx Heathens for any help

Top
 Profile  
Azura
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:54 am 
 

Several years ago I recorded this song from the radio in a cassette, now I have recorded it in my phone, so there would be a lot of noise due to the speakers; but the language is unkown to me, that makes me difficult to find it using the lyrics. A friend of mine told me it's not arab (she's from Egypt). I think I've heard the word "shedashe" or something like that, I think it's like "demon" in aramaic but not sure. Please visit this link to listen to it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtJS_E ... sp=sharing
Thanks in advance

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 am 
 

Azura wrote:
Several years ago I recorded this song from the radio in a cassette, now I have recorded it in my phone, so there would be a lot of noise due to the speakers; but the language is unkown to me, that makes me difficult to find it using the lyrics. A friend of mine told me it's not arab (she's from Egypt). I think I've heard the word "shedashe" or something like that, I think it's like "demon" in aramaic but not sure. Please visit this link to listen to it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtJS_E ... sp=sharing
Thanks in advance


Sounds like an Industrial Version of AlNamrood to me xD
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!

~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~

~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
inquizitorphil
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm 
 

Can't for the life of me remember anything about a song other than the fact that I liked it and the album art.

White background; a silhouette of a grinning man (the grin is white to contrast with the black of the silhouette) with fire hair and no eyes (I think); only his head and shoulders are in frame, and he might be wearing a suit?

Was either melodic death metal, metalcore, or something of a mix of both.

Top
 Profile  
MetalMerchant
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 am
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 pm 
 

Death Metal Underground on Facebook posted a video maybe seven or eight years ago of some album in its entirety. It was ostensibly death metal, at least as far as that page described it, but I didn't get to listen to much beyond the first track. It had a really ethereal/echoing/underwater effect on the vocals, and I remember the album cover was the Sun, I believe. Every now and then I think back and wonder what that album was, I'd like to listen to the full thing some day.

Top
 Profile  
Azura
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:49 pm 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
Azura wrote:
Several years ago I recorded this song from the radio in a cassette, now I have recorded it in my phone, so there would be a lot of noise due to the speakers; but the language is unkown to me, that makes me difficult to find it using the lyrics. A friend of mine told me it's not arab (she's from Egypt). I think I've heard the word "shedashe" or something like that, I think it's like "demon" in aramaic but not sure. Please visit this link to listen to it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtJS_E ... sp=sharing
Thanks in advance


Sounds like an Industrial Version of AlNamrood to me xD


Thank you for your feedback; but after listening to all the albums of Al Namrood, the song isn't the same

Top
 Profile  
epicone1z
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:53 pm 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHfBcY5AVPA
Whats the first band shown?

Top
 Profile  
raumr
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:11 pm
Posts: 964
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 pm 
 

^ I have no idea, but my ears are now bleeding. A warning for headphone users...

I have a question about Eldamar's song "Spirit of the North". Around 9:30 begins a riff that sounds so familiar to me. It reminds me of DSBM, and I could have swore I had heard it on a Thy Light track or Austere, but I cannot find it... any help? Does it ring any bell for anyone else?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq9lL_PPYYw

Top
 Profile  
TheGreatDuck
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 446
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:36 pm 
 

Looking for a band that debuted sometimes in the late '80s, started out as a hair metal/melodic hard rock/metal/AOR band, but became more of a heavy/power metal act later on. It's not Axxis, but I think they're from Germany as well. Does anyone know what am I thinking of?

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ADreamOfWolves, mjollnir, thesilentenigma, thrashinbatman and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group