Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sputniki
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:22 am 

which_doctor wrote:
I'm looking for a band/album that came out around 2005.

I thought it was Peste Noire but I looked at their album covers and I don't recognize any of them. The album I'm looking for looked something like these pics:

The music style was medieval black metal with low-budget recording equipment. I want to say I recall it was kinda atmospheric and depressive? but I'm not entirely sure.

This one?

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... ine/285437

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 am 

Fromage_Qui_Pue wrote:
Hi here,

Looking for name of a band who sing in spanish , did Hard Rock/Heavy Metal and one of their song in 80's have something like "Esteban" in chorus...
Sound a bit like Judas Priest if i remember right...

It sounds like Angeles Del Infierno but i 've not found something similar in their songs...

If someone have an idea, thanks in advance!

maybe Baron Rojo? they were quite popular in the 80s...

which_doctor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 am 

Sputniki wrote:

No, I distinctly remember it was a black and white cover. Also the album you linked is from 2010.

But thanks for giving it a shot, I'll get the album you linked to anyway in case it sounds similar to what I'm actually looking for :D

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:53 pm 

Hi,

I'm looking for a folk/power(?) metal song, but I can't remember who was the artist and what is the song called. I only remember one of their music video, it starts like a usual fantasy RPG, some guy gathering the party members, a rogue, maybe a mage, a warrior chick etc. They are wandering all around, and at the end of the video clip, they attack a peaceful llama/alpaca herd. Honestly, I've tried to search for it every possible way, but I wasn't able to find anything related to the above mentioned. Please, help me if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Myrkrarfar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:41 pm 

^ Please someone help this fellow, as I really need to see this video!!

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 am 

Bachstein wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a folk/power(?) metal song, but I can't remember who was the artist and what is the song called. I only remember one of their music video, it starts like a usual fantasy RPG, some guy gathering the party members, a rogue, maybe a mage, a warrior chick etc. They are wandering all around, and at the end of the video clip, they attack a peaceful llama/alpaca herd. Honestly, I've tried to search for it every possible way, but I wasn't able to find anything related to the above mentioned. Please, help me if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Also some details have popped up in my mind. The rogue guy sat on the top of a tree and threw apples at some of the party member's head before he joined the quest. Also the video was kind of amateurish, they wore cheap sandals and mantles. Also I clearly remember that this band was on the MA site, they definitely have a full-length album, maybe even EPs.

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:17 am 

If anyone is still interested, a Hungarian metal mate has found the the video. :D

Myrkrarfar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:49 am 

Well, that was hilarious :D The llama fight is the most epic thing I've seen since Conan the Destroyer, and the predictable zooming-in on the lady's cleavage fit their deadly serious agenda! Jokes aside, it's nice to see bands having some fun on their own behalf. Too bad the song sucked!

Buried Dreamer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 pm 

Hey lads, are you aware of any bands making a cover of Burzum's "Stemmen Fra Tårnet"?
I am quite positive I heard once and I have no clue who played it.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:20 pm 

Buried Dreamer wrote:
Hey lads, are you aware of any bands making a cover of Burzum's "Stemmen Fra Tårnet"?
I am quite positive I heard once and I have no clue who played it.

Take your pick: https://www.metal-archives.com/search/a ... nre=#songs

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 am 

Years ago, I had an MP3 of a song that was a "new metallica song". This was before St. Anger came out. I don't remember much about the track besides the opening lyric was "Death! Destruction!". Later on, someone told me they thought it sounded like Chuck Billy of Testament, but I've never been able to figure it out. I know this is VERY vague as I don't have a sound clip or any other lyrics to go by.

which_doctor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:59 am 

jimbies wrote:
Years ago, I had an MP3 of a song that was a "new metallica song". This was before St. Anger came out. I don't remember much about the track besides the opening lyric was "Death! Destruction!". Later on, someone told me they thought it sounded like Chuck Billy of Testament, but I've never been able to figure it out. I know this is VERY vague as I don't have a sound clip or any other lyrics to go by.

Decided to do some Google-Fu and it wasn't hard at all!

Quote:
The band is Manditory, the song is called the Wanderer. It's from a 2001 demo, all they've released so far.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/thre ... ng.158707/

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 pm 

which_doctor wrote:
jimbies wrote:

Decided to do some Google-Fu and it wasn't hard at all!

Quote:
The band is Manditory, the song is called the Wanderer. It's from a 2001 demo, all they've released so far.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/thre ... ng.158707/

Good thing you are a Google-Fu master!
Thanks, friend!

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:11 am 

Post originally in recommendation forum:

Hey everybody,

Recently someone showed me the band "The Obsessed". Not really my thing, but the name made me vaguely remember a band I used to listen to in high school. I've tried scouring my iTunes to find the album with no luck. Part of me thought the band name was "The Haunted, but that's definitely not the band either. So here are some facts that might help you help me.

-I'm 80% sure that the band's name started with "The" and that the second and only other word started with an "H"
-They played an infectious brand of melodic thrash, super catchy hooks and whimsical leads
-I'm almost positive they are a cult classic. Put out one or two albums in the 80s or 90s. Not sure if everything else is trash or if there are anymore releases at all
-I found the band through the MA forums
-The singer had a rather raspy voice that verged on a scream, but definitely wasn't a scream.
-If they weren't from America they were from somewhere like Holland or something (definitely a stretch guessing this but maybe it will be helpful)

EDIT: maybe the band doesn't even start with "the". They had lyrical King Diamond-esque ghoulish lyrics. I remember them also riding the borders of thrash, death, and traditional. Anything is possible here.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:33 pm 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
Post originally in recommendation forum:

Hey everybody,

Recently someone showed me the band "The Obsessed". Not really my thing, but the name made me vaguely remember a band I used to listen to in high school. I've tried scouring my iTunes to find the album with no luck. Part of me thought the band name was "The Haunted, but that's definitely not the band either. So here are some facts that might help you help me.

-I'm 80% sure that the band's name started with "The" and that the second and only other word started with an "H"
-They played an infectious brand of melodic thrash, super catchy hooks and whimsical leads
-I'm almost positive they are a cult classic. Put out one or two albums in the 80s or 90s. Not sure if everything else is trash or if there are anymore releases at all
-I found the band through the MA forums
-The singer had a rather raspy voice that verged on a scream, but definitely wasn't a scream.
-If they weren't from America they were from somewhere like Holland or something (definitely a stretch guessing this but maybe it will be helpful)

EDIT: maybe the band doesn't even start with "the". They had lyrical King Diamond-esque ghoulish lyrics. I remember them also riding the borders of thrash, death, and traditional. Anything is possible here.

http://imgur.com/z7Cngcp
Is it any of these bands?

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:47 am 

Unfortunately, no. I could be wrong on the whole "The H____" thing. Shit, I could be wrong on the whole "The" thing. However, it was memorable enough of an album to remember its existence 8 years after my "download every album there is a link to" phase. I've tried scouring my iTunes for it over and over but I can't seem to find it. All I remember for a fact was that it was super catchy, the lyrics were ghoulish, and it was a seamless blend of thrash/death/traditional. I wish I could remember the name of a song.

EDIT: I was definitely wrong about the whole "The H___" thing. The band and album is "Deceased - As the Weird Travel On".

Last edited by DeathcoreDecimator on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rasha_yad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:50 am 

Can anyone identify this version of Anno Domini? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03O20TxoaME

It has the standard tracklist, except it has a different intro. All versions documented on MA and Discogs that have tracklengths say the intro is ~0:57, and all other uploads of the album have this intro of length 0:57, whereas the above version has a ~2 minute intro that sounds completely different. It's not found anywhere else in their discography, as far as I can tell.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:14 pm 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
Unfortunately, no. I could be wrong on the whole "The H____" thing. Shit, I could be wrong on the whole "The" thing. However, it was memorable enough of an album to remember its existence 8 years after my "download every album there is a link to" phase. I've tried scouring my iTunes for it over and over but I can't seem to find it. All I remember for a fact was that it was super catchy, the lyrics were ghoulish, and it was a seamless blend of thrash/death/traditional. I wish I could remember the name of a song.

EDIT: I was definitely wrong about the whole "The H___" thing. The band and album is "Deceased - As the Weird Travel On".

I actually thought about Deceased when you mentioned the ghoulish stuff, but the name didn't fit. Glad you found it. Deceased is awesome.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:11 pm 

I'm 90% sure that your memory has failed you and the band exists in that 20% not starting with 'H'; The Mist. The single raspiest thrash vocalist I know, in the late 80s/early 90s,, their second album a conceptual horror-thrash thing, definitely some strong trad metal influences. Though they're from Brazil. (Unless maybe you've merged Bifrost and The Mist into a single entity in your memory, the former being from the Netherlands and sharing some musical traits with The Mist).

Oh wait a second, Deceased, lol.

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 pm 

aloof wrote:
Fromage_Qui_Pue wrote:
Hi here,

Looking for name of a band who sing in spanish , did Hard Rock/Heavy Metal and one of their song in 80's have something like "Esteban" in chorus...
Sound a bit like Judas Priest if i remember right...

It sounds like Angeles Del Infierno but i 've not found something similar in their songs...

If someone have an idea, thanks in advance!

maybe Baron Rojo? they were quite popular in the 80s...

Maybe, i've not find something like this in their song but it could be. Thanks.

nasierszyca
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 pm 

Last edited by nasierszyca on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alastor01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:47 am 

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017 23:26 Edit post Reply with quote
Hi!

Can anyone help me to find, what kind of metal band and album was, what i have seen around 20 years ago? I remember, i was in a shopping center and was and there wasa an aiwa hifi, that could be tried out by visitors. On that cd cover, what i put in, (all over the cover) whas a lot of black easter island statue-heads snaking around, and as a remember there was somethong like "conkrete" or something like that, written.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:36 pm 

Alastor01 wrote:
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017 23:26 Edit post Reply with quote
Hi!

Can anyone help me to find, what kind of metal band and album was, what i have seen around 20 years ago? I remember, i was in a shopping center and was and there wasa an aiwa hifi, that could be tried out by visitors. On that cd cover, what i put in, (all over the cover) whas a lot of black easter island statue-heads snaking around, and as a remember there was somethong like "conkrete" or something like that, written.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Xysma/Yeah/443791
???

mercilessonslaught
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:53 pm 

This just came into my head yesterday but it's very hard to describe and I don't know if this is too vague.

They're a band similar to Ildjarn- raw sounding black metal. But the production is a little better. Forest Poetry came into my recommended videos on Youtube yesterday and I was thrown back into nostalgia. There was a band that I liked that was sort of similar, but like I said, the production was clearer. It was just a guitar and drums and vocals, and it was raw. The guitar wasn't as tinny and thin as on Ildjarn's Forest Poetry, it was heavier and more defined. It sat in the mix as if the album was recorded by microphones in the room. It had a sort of "open" sound to it- like you were present in the room listening to the band play. The guitar wasn't too distorted, but it definitely had a metallic tone to it, and it seemed to be downtuned. I know they were more modern/contemporary (at the time, this was probably early-mid 2000's, 2005 or so when I heard them?). They were definitely a newer band at the time, and the black metal they played had a modern sort of edge to it. They definitely weren't very well known and it was a rarer band. They were on the Archives somewhere, I believe I got their album from a friend. I also think they were from the US.

I can't remember much about them, and this is all that has stuck in my mind. I don't have any specific riffs or anything but I just remember they were similar to Ildjarn in the raw sense, and for some reason, Ildjarn made me think of them.

I hope that this is an actual band and that someone can miraculously help me out here... I hope I am not just making it up in my head! Any suggestions would help.

jackOlson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:43 pm 

Hy guys, I'm trying to remember the name of a band.
The only thing I remember is that:
it had a female vocalist and they had an album with a cover with an instrument, like a violin with a skull or a goat head. The lyrics were in english and she was kind of melodic in her singing.

I think the lyrics were kind of weird, like if u were dreaming or mentally ill.

shit, this was some years ago and I can't remember their name and I can't find it anywhere so I think they are not too popular.

To be more specific they sound like Conflict in the song "Elements of a new era" from the album "transform into a humam" from 2014 in the part where your ear the storm and the song slow down and she sings in a melodic way. That in the middle of the song, 3 m 20 s aprox.

does anyone have any ideas about it?

Update. thankz everyone. I found it it is DarkDriveClinic - Silhouettes 2011.
Can anyone say how i can close this post?

cheers.

Last edited by jackOlson on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prenihility
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:35 am 

Mkay. I always thought it was Alice in Chains. I was DEAD SET it was Alice in Chains. If i had one guess, i would say it’s Alice in Chains but IT ISN’T. At least it clearly seems it’s not. I went through the AiC Discography TWICE song by song. Not it.

Now, Layne Staley had some pretty damn distinct vocals, and it’s pretty hard to confuse him for someone else. But i guess it’s not him? Other bands that spring to mind are Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam.

The best i can do for the song description is that it was SLOW, at least the parts around the chorus, and the vocals were very grungy. Not like how Staley’s voice can sometimes be raspy when he’s singing more loudly.

From what i can make out of the lyrics:
(?)… there she goes,
there she goes again."

Sorry… i suck. I know. I listened to this song countless times during my Life Drawing course in College and never bothered asking our teacher what it was. I tried searching the lyrics, or at least what i thought they were. Nothing came up. Well, the right song didn’t come up, anyway. Through certain enunciation, usually… lyrics are misheard. Go figure. Meshuggah, anyone?

GRUNGY vocals. I KINDA see Scott Weiland being able to do them. But i’ve never quite heard him sound this grungy. I don’t believe it’s Curt Cobain. Very Grungy. slow tempo (Chorus at least).

Ghustavo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:15 am 

I've got the end of a song stuck in my head and I can't think of what song it is. The only vague clue I have is that the end of the song has a sad sounding piano tune. I probably have it on CD but its really bugging me. Any ideas? Even if noone figues it out, I'll at least get songs with a sad piano in them(which I like).

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:55 pm 

Prenihility wrote:
Mkay. I always thought it was Alice in Chains. I was DEAD SET it was Alice in Chains.
Spoiler: show
If i had one guess, i would say it’s Alice in Chains but IT ISN’T. At least it clearly seems it’s not. I went through the AiC Discography TWICE song by song. Not it.

Now, Layne Staley had some pretty damn distinct vocals, and it’s pretty hard to confuse him for someone else. But i guess it’s not him? Other bands that spring to mind are Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam.

The best i can do for the song description is that it was SLOW, at least the parts around the chorus, and the vocals were very grungy. Not like how Staley’s voice can sometimes be raspy when he’s singing more loudly.

(?)… there she goes,
there she goes again."

Sorry… i suck. I know. I listened to this song countless times during my Life Drawing course in College and never bothered asking our teacher what it was. I tried searching the lyrics, or at least what i thought they were. Nothing came up. Well, the right song didn’t come up, anyway. Through certain enunciation, usually… lyrics are misheard. Go figure. Meshuggah, anyone?

GRUNGY vocals. I KINDA see Scott Weiland being able to do them. But i’ve never quite heard him sound this grungy. I don’t believe it’s Curt Cobain. Very Grungy. slow tempo (Chorus at least).

have you tried listening to the Mad Season album, the Singles soundtrack, and other non-AIC stuff Staley sang on?

Ghustavo wrote:
I've got the end of a song stuck in my head and I can't think of what song it is. The only vague clue I have is that the end of the song has a sad sounding piano tune. I probably have it on CD but its really bugging me. Any ideas? Even if noone figues it out, I'll at least get songs with a sad piano in them(which I like).

way too vague, indeed. faith no more's epic, sentenced's no one there and half the savatage discography fit the description... is it a metal song? rock song? how sparse is the piano line in your head? can you tell if it's in major on minor key?

Prenihility
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:20 am 

aloof wrote:
Prenihility wrote:
Mkay. I always thought it was Alice in Chains. I was DEAD SET it was Alice in Chains.
Spoiler: show
If i had one guess, i would say it’s Alice in Chains but IT ISN’T. At least it clearly seems it’s not. I went through the AiC Discography TWICE song by song. Not it.

(?)… there she goes,
there she goes again."

have you tried listening to the Mad Season album, the Singles soundtrack, and other non-AIC stuff Staley sang on?

Ghustavo wrote:

way too vague, indeed. faith no more's epic, sentenced's no one there and half the savatage discography fit the description... is it a metal song? rock song? how sparse is the piano line in your head? can you tell if it's in major on minor key?

So yeah, Staley sounds too raspy when he's trying to sing more loudly/with more energy. I've just gone through the entire Creed discography. And i have to say, Scott Stapp is very close. I could've sworn somewhere along the way i'd come across the song. But i didn't. Listened twice. As for those lyrics. It's BS, really. It was simply what i heard. When it comes to enunciation in singing, it's never a guarantee. Unless vocals are crystal clear.

AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:20 pm 

Some time ago, I heard this technical death/electronic-ish band (it had some Lykathea Aflame vibes, I think) on a Youtube video, perhaps on their official channel, don't quite remember, anyway, I don't remember what band it was. One thing I remember about them is that either the band was formed by remnants of an older more traditional technical death metal group or it was the tech death group that went on hold/disbanded for some time and reunited trying to go for "a different direction".

If I'm not mistaken, before they released this song, they had only EPs/demos on their discography with their old sound, but I'm not certain of that. Anyone's got any ideas on what band it might be?

moppi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am 

hi at all,
hope somebody can help me. i search for a band i listen in radio.
the music was something like aborted or leng'tche. it was an project from some musicians from the us. it has an stupid name with a name of a us-state or city. and it was a long name. not a short one. more a long one like "we butter the bread with butter" bla bla bla. metal core or death core. hope somebody can help me.
and sorry for my really bad english :-D
greetings from germany

Gorefrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:54 am 

I don't remeber the name of the artist (one man band) that publish about 8-9 full-length per year.
I remember that his works can be downloaded for free. Maybe he's russian, he's probably the most prolific band in the world XD

Thanks

Gore

Gorefrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:56 am 

I don't remeber the name of the artist (one man band) that publish about 8-9 full-length per year.
I remember that his works can be downloaded for free. Maybe he's russian, he's probably the most prolific band in the world XD

Thanks

Gore

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:23 am 

Gorefrost wrote:

Thanks

Gore

Are you talking about Senmuth?
Btw if you think he's the most prolific artist in the world go check Buckethead or Sloth's releases :) (although Sloth's ones are a huge pile of Audacity garbage).

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:33 pm 

Can anyone suggest me a song that sounds like Phobophile by Cryptopsy? I especially like the main riff and the guitars when they are played in harmonies made in third that give to the music a "melancholic" side in addition to the brutal one (for example, the riff played at 1:47). This is this kind of sound that I'm looking for, and Phobophile is the only song I know who made it.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:13 am 

Hey guys, I've seen this in a metal forum and I wanted to find out what that song is because the intro to it is pretty fucking killer.

The guy who recorded it said that it's an intro to a 90's death metal album. Can you guys help me ID it?

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:29 am 

Some guy replied in the commentary section with the answer. Sounds nice!

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:54 pm 

androdion wrote:
Some guy replied in the commentary section with the answer. Sounds nice!

really? where?

I've found the song by the way, it's this song-

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:28 pm 

In the commentary section of the link you posted, he posted the same link as you did. Here's the full album by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOCT1OTOW_Y

Bukaczysko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:09 pm 

do you have any idea whats the song from 15:52 ? Or what band at least?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP8yYW3OTHY

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48  Next