Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nokturniis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:21 pm 

Quote:
LIMBONIC ART are back! Their ninth full-length "Opus Daemoniacal" is black as a raven, fierce as a wolf, majestic as an eagle, and mighty as the legendary Norwegian black metal pioneers that mastermind, vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist Vidar "Daemon" Jensen founded in 1993 have always been. "Opus Daemoniacal" continues along the more straightforward black metal path that the Norwegian has chosen for his last releases yet this album also deliberately harks back to the dense atmospheric and cinematic feel of LIMBONIC ART's groundbreaking early works. After having turned into a duo, the debut album "Moon in the Scorpio" was released in 1996 via Nocturnal Art Productions – the label of EMPEROR guitarist Samoth aka Tomas Thormodsæter Haugen. Their at the time quite unique combination of harsh Nordic black metal with cinematic elements inspired by romantic and classic orchestral music proved extremely influential in the following years. With their sophomore full-length "In Abhorrence Dementia" (1997) and the third album "Epitome of Illusions" (1998) LIMBONIC ART gradually reduced the symphonic elements of their sound. In February 2003, the duo broke up, but Daemon reformed the band in 2006. He continued to release the LIMBONIC ART albums "Phantasmagoria" (2010) and "Spectre Abysm" (2017). "Opus Daemoniacal" connects the present to the early sound of the Norwegian cult act, which is bound to appeal to friends of their first albums as well as to a new generation of classic Norse black metal connoisseurs.

https://limbonicart.bandcamp.com/album/opus-daemoniacal

1. Elysian Blaze
2. Nortt
3. Black Magick SS
4. The Ruins Of Beverast
5. Urfaust

Nokturniis (Pure Ghastly Haunting Eerie Dungeon Synth) - https://nokturniis.bandcamp.com/

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:42 pm 

Right I was gonna say something about this and promptly forgot. Very exciting though, I thought the last one was excellent.

greywanderer7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 pm 

What made Limbonic Art so great was the gothic atmosphere and the big, sweeping synths that were louder than the riffs. This sounds like yet another black metal band, and it has been that way for over two decades now.

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:19 am 

greywanderer7 wrote:
What made Limbonic Art so great was the gothic atmosphere and the big, sweeping synths that were louder than the riffs.

In other words, it was Morfeus. That being said, I didn't care for Legacy of Evil and already The Ultimate Death Worship showed signs of running out of fuel. Not feeling this track at all.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:56 am 

It's alright, but personally, it doesn't really have that nice nightly symphonic charm that made the early albums so great in my eyes. I'm interested in checking out the full album when it drops, but I don't think it'll be the most groundbreaking one in the discography.

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:35 pm 

good!

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:21 pm 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
greywanderer7 wrote:
What made Limbonic Art so great was the gothic atmosphere and the big, sweeping synths that were louder than the riffs.

In other words, it was Morfeus. That being said, I didn't care for Legacy of Evil and already The Ultimate Death Worship showed signs of running out of fuel. Not feeling this track at all.

For truth. And even the last bit of Morfeus material I actually enjoyed wound up on the first Dimension F3h album. Nothing that band or any of his other bands have done since then have taken me.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:55 am 

Here's the second single:

Pretty much in the same vein as the first single they released.

Reply to topic