Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:53 pm 

The Headless Cross and Anno Mundi remasters are out on Youtube now and they sound really good. I'm super excited to hear how Nightwing and The Law Maker sound now.

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:10 pm 

I would give anything and be on a first flight to UK if Iommi decides that he, Martin, Murray and Rondinelli should play a show or two with only Martin-era songs.

If Heaven & Hell (the band) was a thing, I see no reason why (let's say) Headless Cross shouldn't be.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:25 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
These are some of the longest running illegal downloads I still have from high school. Be good to get this sometime.

I still heavily rely on my download collection, mostly compiled between 2006 and 2013. I always made an effort to find 320bps mp3s, and find they mostly hold up well to Spotify. Spotify has made some of it redundant, but I still keep it. It's just sitting on external hard drives these days. I transfer some of the stuff I listen to more regularly to my phone even though a lot of it is on Spotify. Where I am, stuff like Sad Wings of Destiny and a lot of NWOBHM isn't on Spotify. Also, mobile coverage can be pretty patchy from time to time.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 am 

I just move my collection of music between computers and still have a lot of physical CDs. But some stuff was always really hard to find and I didn't have money - a lot of it has become more available in recent years with Bandcamp and stuff, so I did get real legal copies then, but not all of it has.

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:03 pm 

BIG NEWS!

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:18 pm 

do feel Headless Cross and Tyr have a lot of influence on modern power metal. Cross Purposes is simply a very good album. Forbidden will benefit from a remix and I like a lot of it. Really hope these albums coming onto streaming gives a bit of a reappraisal for the era.

Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:53 pm 

Definitely excited for this, the remasters sound quite good so far. My one complaint is it doesn't look like this box set includes each album in its own casing? I can't seem to get confirmation on that. I do already have Tyr and Headless Cross on CD which I was fortunate to find good copies for on Ebay, but this could be a fun new way to experience them.

One thing this reminded me of though is, as much as I like the song, Headless Cross's title track has like three repetitions too many of each part. The music video version does a good job at trimming the fat there, because there aren't enough variations to justify the length of the unedited version.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2