Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:31 pm 

Full of Hell are releasing their new album Coagulated Bliss next month (4/26), and just put out the second single (featuring Ross Dolan of Immolation) today:

Link to the Bandcamp pre-order page, where you can listen to the first single Doors to Mental Agony:

https://fullofhell.bandcamp.com/album/coagulated-bliss

Big fan of most everything these guys have put out over the past decade, consistently top notch deathgrind/noise on their "solo" releases and their collabs are always worth listening to. The Nothing collaborative album from last year was one of my favorites and made my top 10 list despite being released in December.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:59 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Scarcity - The Promise of Rain (July 12)

I really liked Aveilut, and this new track sounds promising. Be warned, though: this band plays an experimental brand of black metal and the new track is going to sound annoying to those who aren't fans. You'll know why when you hear it. For me, it just makes me excited to hear the rest of it. Sounds like they've evolved their sound even more.

https://scarcity-nyc.bandcamp.com/album ... se-of-rain

MikeyC usually I really like the things you recommend as we seem to have similar tastes, but this is horrible :lol:

ceero
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm 

super excited! There have been rumours here and there, but now it's black on white - new Moonsorrow music is definitely coming our way

Second album by Ershetu (cinematic atmo black project by people from Blut Aus Nord, Borknagar and others) is also in the works, apparently the instrumental part is ready by now.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:11 pm 

therealvivs wrote:
MikeyC usually I really like the things you recommend as we seem to have similar tastes, but this is horrible :lol:

I can't always get it right. :lol:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am 

MikeyC wrote:
therealvivs wrote:

Did you check out the new Knoll record, As Spoken?
I reckon that will be up your alley... I think.

reimdaase
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am 

Varg Vikernes has said that there will come a new METAL burzum album

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm 

therealvivs wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
therealvivs wrote:

Did you check out the new Knoll record, As Spoken?
I reckon that will be up your alley... I think.

I did and it's great. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Hardworlder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm 

ceero wrote:

super excited! There have been rumours here and there, but now it's black on white - new Moonsorrow music is definitely coming our way

Second album by Ershetu (cinematic atmo black project by people from Blut Aus Nord, Borknagar and others) is also in the works, apparently the instrumental part is ready by now.

Hell yeah

rarezuzuh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:09 pm 

Fluisteraars has a new album coming out april 26th. I thought they would do another de kronieken EP before they did another full length, but I'm not complaining. Their last full length is one of my favorite newer black metal albums so I have high hopes for this one.
https://fluisteraars.bandcamp.com/album ... tworteling

Acid Mammoth has a new album april 5th. The last couple weren't exactly special, but they were at least catchy and enjoyable, so I'll be checking out this one.
https://heavypsychsoundsrecords.bandcam ... -collision

Iron Monkey also has a new album coming out april 5th. 9-13 didn't really live up to their first two, but I still love Our Problem enough to give anything new from them a chance.
https://ironmonkey.bandcamp.com/album/spleen-goad

Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:50 pm 

DC thrashers Desolus will release their debut album System Shock on May 10th via Hells Headbangers:

https://desolus-us.bandcamp.com/album/system-shock

Any fans of Sodom, Dark Angel, Sadus, and Pleasure to Kill-era Kreator need to check this out. A couple songs have been release so far and it's good stuff.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:12 am 

I just found out that Hemotoxin will have a new album out next month. I will need to get that one!

Disembodied
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:21 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Scarcity - The Promise of Rain (July 12)

I really liked Aveilut, and this new track sounds promising. Be warned, though: this band plays an experimental brand of black metal and the new track is going to sound annoying to those who aren't fans. You'll know why when you hear it. For me, it just makes me excited to hear the rest of it. Sounds like they've evolved their sound even more.

https://scarcity-nyc.bandcamp.com/album ... se-of-rain

I think we've just witnessed the birth of a new subgenre - siren metal

NoTruce
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:40 am 

Lord_Lexy wrote:
DRAGONLAND is in the studio, great news! Olof Mörck has mainly focussed on Amaranthe the previous decade but Dragonland is far superior. I liked The Power of the Nightstar (2022) even if it wasn’t as good as their older records. Give me more!

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JPx26G ... tid=WC7FNe

Already? Not that I'm complaining, "The Power of the Nightstar" was one of the greatest comebacks in EPM ever, if you ask me, so bring it on.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:10 am 

So Sonja just released a new single, looks like they're on Century Media now.

I assume there's going to be a new full length out from them this year.

GodOfMalice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:33 pm 

X-Cops of all bands is back and putting out a new EP. Never expected this band to put anything else out! Hopefully we can finally get a recorded version of 'Conflict Management'.

Prairieshadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:46 pm 

I'm not a huge fan of High on Fire, I've loved some of their albums and often feel meh about a lot of their material, but this new some is great.

pikesteriff71
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:56 pm 

Yep i'm patiently awaiting the new High on Fire to drop.Also excited for Darkthrone and the latest Vulture which is due any day now.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:03 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Sacrificial Vein - Black Terror Genesis (March 15th)

Spoiler: show

Interesting black metal coming out in a week. From the lone single released, seems like a mix between out-and-out brutality and some dissonance. I'll keep an eye out for this.

https://sacrificialvein.bandcamp.com/al ... or-genesis

This could be great but there's something about the drums that's throwing me off.

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:56 am 

Legend (the 70s proto/epic heavy metal band) are going to release a reimagined/rerecorded version of their 1979 album "From the Fjords" in June, retitled "From the Lord".

Quote:
LEGEND "From the Fjords" is simply one of the greatest hard rock / proto metal albums of all time. That's an undisputable fact. 45 years have passed since its original release in 1979 and Raymond Frigon, the co-founder and drummer of the original band, decided to reactivate the mighty LEGEND under a new prism. Following ideas he had and a different perspective on the lyrical content of the old songs, he recruited the talents of guitar player Martin Jespen Andersen and bass player Janne Stark and the three of them created another opus!
The old fans of LEGEND will be surprised by LEGEND REVISITED. An amazing new band was born, a band that has its roots in the glorious 70's, with a religious lyrical content that serves as a message for today's world problems.
Make no mistake, this is not just another run of the mill project that aims on cashing in on the cult status of an old band. This is a totally masterful music endeavor of the highest artistic value placed upon the original songs and you can get a little taste of what's coming up by listening to the new song on the album, entitled "Gideon", through the lyric video we prepared for you.
The song will be part of the upcoming 8-song album "From the Lord" that is expected to be released by early June 2024 on vinyl, CD and Digital Platforms.

LINE-UP
Martin Jepsen Andersen - Guitars
Janne Stark - Bass
Raymond Edgar Frigon - Drums / Percussion / Vocals

TRACK LISTING
1. The Creator
2. The Lord’s Vengeance
3. The Golden Crown
4. Confrontation
5. Gideon
6. Against the Beast
7. The Gospel Train
8. Armageddon

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:13 pm 

King_of_Arnor wrote:
Legend (the 70s proto/epic heavy metal band) are going to release a reimagined/rerecorded version of their 1979 album "From the Fjords" in June, retitled "From the Lord".

]

Wow, Janne Stark from Overdrive teaming up with Legend. "Swords and Axes" is a classic and if you like Heavy Load....

Sounds great. I hope they write some new material down the road.

Awesome news, Thanks!

Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:27 pm 

King_of_Arnor wrote:

This is something I really didn't expect, I'll be looking forward to seeing the final result.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:28 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
This could be great but there's something about the drums that's throwing me off.

I didn't listen on great speakers, but is the snare too loud for you too? Like the mix would be more appropriate for norsecore style riffing.

Had to edit to add that its an amazing release overall, really great vocals too. Can't wait to listen to it on something other than potatoes.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:30 pm 

Forever Underground wrote:
King_of_Arnor wrote:

This is something I really didn't expect, I'll be looking forward to seeing the final result.

This was actually released on May of 2023. It is on most streaming services now.

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:21 pm 

Bronze Age wrote:
This was actually released on May of 2023. It is on most streaming services now.

Did it leak onto there? Because that seems to have been done with no announcement whatsoever. It can't have been last May either, according to one of the band members the album was still being mixed at that time. The label is promoting it as a new release this year so I'm treating it as such.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:21 pm 

King_of_Arnor wrote:
Bronze Age wrote:

Did it leak onto there? Because that seems to have been done with no announcement whatsoever. It can't have been last May either, according to one of the band members the album was still being mixed at that time. The label is promoting it as a new release this year so I'm treating it as such.

I don't know, this morning is the first time I had heard of this. I assumed it was added by the band. This is the only thing I could find from the band talking about the project. https://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com/legend-revisited.html

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:19 pm 

Bronze Age wrote:
I don't know, this morning is the first time I had heard of this. I assumed it was added by the band. This is the only thing I could find from the band talking about the project. https://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com/legend-revisited.html

I don't blame you for not seeing the further updates on that site because you have to scroll through a ton of personal ramblings to find them, but they're in "Thoughts/OpEd" pages 9 and 10, colour coded red.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:26 pm 

Blood Incantation just posted what I assume to be a teaser for their new album on their FB/IG an hour ago. I assume we'll get an album announcement + first single by the end of this month if not this week itself.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Blood Incantation just posted what I assume to be a teaser for their new album on their FB/IG an hour ago. I assume we'll get an album announcement + first single by the end of this month if not this week itself.

If you're referring to that ambient piece, it was released last year. They re uploaded a teaser for some reason.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:

If you're referring to that ambient piece, it was released last year. They re uploaded a teaser for some reason.

I know the music is from Luminescent Bridge (I started the thread on it last year after all), but they're clearly teasing a new album. Their drummer Isaac Faulk did an interview in February where he mentioned the new album was going to be announced in a couple of months, and this isn't the first time they've teased it this month either (there was a post last Monday during the solar eclipse where they're referencing new music as well). They're playing two sets at Roadburn this weekend and it would not surprise me at all if they released a new song to coincide with their performances.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:

I know the music is from Luminescent Bridge (I started the thread on it last year after all), but they're clearly teasing a new album. Their drummer Isaac Faulk did an interview in February where he mentioned the new album was going to be announced in a couple of months, and this isn't the first time they've teased it this month either (there was a post last Monday during the solar eclipse where they're referencing new music as well). They're playing two sets at Roadburn this weekend and it would not surprise me at all if they released a new song to coincide with their performances.

I mean, yes, they have a new one coming. I just don't see the connection with that teaser which is from a previous EP.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:04 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
I mean, yes, they have a new one coming. I just don't see the connection with that teaser which is from a previous EP.

They used the song from the Luminescent Bridge EP but the caption on the actual post says "soon...." They're just using it to tease new music, which is what I'm saying.

They also posted this last week on the day of the solar eclipse:

Quote:
Did you catch the #TotalSolarEclipse?
During totality, a bridge of light revealed a gateway. Watch the skies..

They're basically starting the marketing/promotional campaign for the new album and this is just the latest example. Considering the idea behind the Luminescent Bridge EP was supposedly to create a bridge between their previous material and the new album, it makes sense that they're using it in this way.

Of course right as I say this they go and post another clip which seems to indicate there will be an actual video for Luminescent Bridge (the song) out tomorrow. I think it's still not out of the question that they announce the new album at the same time, but it looks like we won't get new music from it until much later.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C505Z_DrAZq/

Last edited by Kalaratri on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am 

It's well documented they recorded the album last summer, so it's obviously coming soon.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
It's well documented they recorded the album last summer, so it's obviously coming soon.

Yeah, Decibel already confirmed that it would be out in Fall 2024 in their Most Anticipated Albums of 2024 issue, I just figured we might actually get something sooner than expected. I'm still hoping they at least give us an album title and release date, otherwise it seems pretty underwhelming to release a video for an ambient song that's already been out for 6 months (and I'm sure BI's fanbase would rather have some new death metal)

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 am 

Gonna go out on a limb and say that BI is on a massive fall tour of some sort and that's what's behind the wait. We'll probably see a new single soon, followed by the album announcement a little later.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 am 

Frank Booth wrote:
Gonna go out on a limb and say that BI is on a massive fall tour of some sort and that's what's behind the wait. We'll probably see a new single soon, followed by the album announcement a little later.

Apparently they're levelling up their stage show, and they need a fifth member to handle all the synths/keyboards on the new material live according to Paul so that will take some time to sort out before they can start playing the new material live. Don't know if BI would be a fit, but Devastation on the Nation is coming back this year (starting in November) and the band announcements for it start next month. I could possibly see them being announced for it.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:56 pm 

Century Media was involved in the last two Devastation on the Nations so that would certainly make sense. Just hoping it's a little more diverse than the typical Blood Incantation tour; pretty sure I've seen them with Immolation three times at this point.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Century Media was involved in the last two Devastation on the Nations so that would certainly make sense. Just hoping it's a little more diverse than the typical Blood Incantation tour; pretty sure I've seen them with Immolation three times at this point.

They're extremely good friends, so I can kind of see why they never pass up an opportunity to do a run together.

As for the tour, if it's not DOTN, my money is on something like TBDM, Marduk, or Deicide.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 pm 

Wasn't expecting to hear new Flotsam & Jetsam today, but here it is.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7