Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:24 pm 

Sabbat (JPN) are releasing a new album early next year, titled "Sabbaticult," as per a NWN promo release featuring a new song, "Desecration:"

https://www.nwnprod.com/?p=18568

Pretty excited for this, I've been digging into Sabbat's full-length discography over the past couple years and haven't been disappointed. The album they last put out (in 2011) was excellent, so this one shouldn't be too far off.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:59 am 

Defeated Sanity has signed on to Season of mist and are gonna release likely early in 2024

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:43 am 

Funebrarum just confirmed that the new one is FINALLY coming out early next year.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:43 am 

EX DEO is working on an album about the year of the four emperors. We will be thinking about the Roman Empire again.

reimdaase
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:50 am 

Anyone heard anything about a new Bütcher album?

josantyago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:25 pm 

Debut album out January 2024.
Sci Fi Death/Thrash from Quebec, Canada

New album from the old line up of the band. Seems similar with the previous album, ...and As We Have Seen the Storm, We Have Embraced the Eye

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:01 pm 

Sunburst updated their FB page for the first time in almost a year, reporting that they filmed two music videos and did other work, which would indicate a new album is close. This plus hints of a new Silver Talon album should make for a good year for my favorite Nevermore clones. What a great double bill that would be. Maybe throw in Shatter Messiah.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:14 pm 

New Possessed, per Becerra

https://blabbermouth.net/news/possessed ... um-in-2024

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:45 am 

traxan wrote:

Not sure if I want to hear another Possessed album - let alone one that will be very different from their previous record.

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:09 pm 

A new Possessed album next year would be a curio listen just to see if they still have it like they had for the most part with their last album.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:42 pm 

My guess is that Possessed is either going to make a full death metal album, or will venture into the tech/prog realm.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:52 pm 

I take a lot of that stuff with a grain of salt when bands say their new stuff is going to be different. It seems like a lot of the time that comes down to the minute and less noticeable things that the musicians just are aware of from writing and composing for so long... or even just how they felt regarding the material entirely subjectively.

Then again Possessed doesn't have that much output. So maybe this really will be some sort of left swing.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:03 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Funebrarum just confirmed that the new one is FINALLY coming out early next year.

Nice! :headbang:

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:15 am 

I am hoping for...
Attacker
Impelliteri
Helstar
Exciter

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:49 pm 

After listening to few new tracks, waiting impatiently for new albums from both, Thorns and Slagmaur. Also Oranssi Pazuzu is quite up there with those 2 names.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:40 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIriy_x8epM

Mega Colossus sound pretty good here. I don't remember being that excited by their last one but this song is cool - a more spacious, comfortable sound maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig71r2So12I

Another one... maybe slightly long but I like the Thin Lizzy/Maiden style of the galloping guitars.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:56 pm 

Riptime was probably the most underrated album of 2021 in my opinion. Extremely stoked for this! Though interesting choice to continue their streak of godawful album art.

https://colossusmetal.bandcamp.com/music

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:38 am 

I remember thinking Riptime was OK but I think someone had compared it to Slough Feg, so maybe I subconsciously expected something weirder. I ought to go try it again, since these songs were really cool actually.

Hardworlder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:21 pm 

I'm fucking obsessed with Riptime. I agree the comparison to Slough Feg is not really apt, however I do think that fans of Slough Feg (which I am obv) will also appreciate Riptime, even if they aren't really much alike.
Riptime is just so goddamn FUN I never get tired of it.

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:55 am 

I'm really excited about the new Merrimack album, I liked Omegaphilia from 2017. Seven years have passed, and a few weeks ago I just thougth about, it would be really time for a new Merrimack stuff, and lo', they just released a video from their new LP.
Sulphurean Synods

Lichtung002
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:55 am 

New Peste Noire EP out in January:

Very much a continuation of the previous EP, strong folk/rock influences with minimal black metal being interspersed.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:21 pm 

Unto Others just announced they've signed a worldwide deal with Century Media, their new album will be out sometime next year.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:27 pm 

That's huge news. Roadrunner always seemed like a bad fit for them. Super excited for them to continue their meteoric rise!

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:42 pm 

colin040 wrote:
traxan wrote:

Not sure if I want to hear another Possessed album - let alone one that will be very different from their previous record.

I respect your opinion about Songs of Darkness, Words of Light, I just want to say that your opinion is wrong. :p

koolaidprodigy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:34 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Unto Others just announced they've signed a worldwide deal with Century Media, their new album will be out sometime next year.

Very nice. Big fan of them. Very much looking forward to the album.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:33 pm 

Lille Gruber said that new Defeated Sanity is coming all the way in october 24th

Goatizer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:32 pm 

Not looking forward to anything in particular but have heaps of you tube channels to scour, now a lot is in artwork again and band name, with so many albums to click on how will yours stand out?

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:38 pm 

koolaidprodigy wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:

Very nice. Big fan of them. Very much looking forward to the album.

I know it's been a while but I never got over the name change. Idle Hands was a much better name.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:43 pm 

Morta Skuld new LP will be released on 23rd of February

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:52 pm 

Pagan Altar are almost done with the recording of the new album

From their Facebook account : "Diccon was over yesterday to finish off the bass parts.We just kept at it until we did everything so we are now done with the tracking.I just have to tidy a couple of bits up then I will send them over to Torben who can start to plan on mixing.Don't ask when the album will be out because I don't know but this should start to move a bit faster now."
Fire walk with me"

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:28 am 

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:03 am 

Just went through Decibel's list of their 21 most anticipated albums of 2024 (from their February 2024 issue) and here are some notes:

There will be a new Crypt Sermon album out via Dark Descent Records sometime in 2024. According to Brooks Wilson it's going to be a progression of the sound of the previous records but also an expansion of it outside of the boundaries of epic doom metal.

The new Undeath record will be out in the fall, Alexander Jones is calling it "Undeath on bath salts" so it sounds like they're basically taking everything they're already doing and dialing everything up a couple of notches.

The new Rotting Christ album will be out in early 2024. Sakis is saying its their "most atmospheric, melodic, and epic album ever". The single they released with guest vocals from Lars Nedland, Holy Mountain, is supposedly a sort of indication of the direction they're going in, and the first single they're releasing, Like Father, Like Son, is influenced by Bathory's viking metal era.

My Dying Bride's new album will be titled A Mortal Binding and will be released sometime in the spring. According to Andrew Craighan it'll be much more of a direct, stripped down, back to basics record compared to The Ghost of Orion.

Exodus will have a new album out in the fall, their first for Napalm Records. According to Gary Holt, there's some super fast, crushing stuff on the new record including one song with "a chorus breakdown that might be the heaviest thing I've written in my life".

Midnight will release a new album in March titled Hellish Expectations. It was actually recorded back in 2020 (around the same time Let There Be Witchery was recorded). Everyone already knows what Midnight sounds like so not much to say about that other than that Athenar claims it's faster, more aggressive and more "punk rock" than the last record.

The new Gatecreeper album will be out in the summer. Again not much to say since people know what to expect from Gatecreeper, but the band is saying there will be some new elements thrown into the mix on this one.

Blood Incantation's hotly anticipated new album will be out worldwide via Century Media in the fall. According to Paul Reidl it's basically a culmination of everything the band has done to date, into a "mixture of epic, raging and brutal riffing with heavy cosmic prog, krautrock and psychedelic/ambient experimental music. It is simultaneously our most aggressive and intense album ever, while also being our most atmospheric and progressive".

There will be a new Mother of Graves album titled The Periapt of Absence, released in the fall by Profound Lore. If you like Where Shadows Adorn, the new one is supposedly even bleaker while also moving their sound forward in a couple of areas.

Cult death metal band Deathevokation will finally release the follow up to their 2007 album The Chalice of Ages, with the release date and label TBA. Basically, if you're a fan of that album, the new record will be more of the same.

Unto Others demoed 40 tracks for their new album (and first for Century Media) of which 14 made the final cut (the album is about 40 minutes in length). According to Gabe Franco the new material is "weird and different; it's not Mana or Strength; it's some other kind of thing".

They also had the new Kerry King record on their list but they didn't reveal any new information so there's nothing to mention there.

Last edited by Kalaratri on Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:46 am 

Deicides new album will be revealed sometime tomorrow.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:08 am 

Frank Booth wrote:
Stuff that is certain (i.e., recorded or about to be):Ripper

Is this the one from Chile? If so, how do you know?

Speaking of Chilean extreme metal;

New Critical Defiance is planned for March next year. The new song isn't that good, but the rest may be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKOwHggGnrg

Strigoi released a new single this year on Bandcamp, but any details about their next album have yet to be revealed. https://strigoi-rises.bandcamp.com/trac ... -vapours-2

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:44 pm 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Deicides new album will be revealed sometime tomorrow.

Speaking of Deicide...

I guess this is the first single from their new album Banished By Sin.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:09 pm 

Whoredom Rife's new album, entitled "Den Vrede Makt" will be released in 2024. Love that band.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:29 am 

Chuck Billy just said on TikTok that there will be a new Testament album in 24.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:21 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
My Dying Bride's new album will be titled A Mortal Binding and will be...much more of a direct, stripped down, back to basics record compared to The Ghost of Orion.

Great to see new MDB taking shape and becoming a reality.
I wonder if "back to basics" means simpler song structures a la the "Gods of the Sun" album or a shout out to the earliest, balls-out stuff like "Forever People"?

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:33 am 

Benedict Donald wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:
My Dying Bride's new album will be titled A Mortal Binding and will be...much more of a direct, stripped down, back to basics record compared to The Ghost of Orion.

Great to see new MDB taking shape and becoming a reality.
I wonder if "back to basics" means simpler song structures a la the "Gods of the Sun" album or a shout out to the earliest, balls-out stuff like "Forever People"?

I already thought that The Ghost of Orion felt more stripped down compared to its predecessor...but heh. We'll see how the new record turns out.

darthlazy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:44 pm 

The Vision Bleak!
It feels like an eternity since The Unknown was released, and I'm aware they are working/have made the new album, but c'mon I want it yesterday!
In addition to that, where are the vinyl releases for Witching Hour, and Deathship...?? I need em :nods:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next