Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:10 am 

I'll list a few:
- Tony Martin-era Black Sabbath (they currently only have Eternal Idol on Spotify)
- Death's Demos, particularly the one with Archangel
- Heavy Load's discography
- Sagu - Sagu (2000)
- Santana Medley - Type O Negative
- Endless Dismal Moan's discography
- Non-Human Contact - Dark Arena
- The Ten Commandments of Metal - Dantesco
- Nefasturris' Discography
- Are You Afraid - Gravitational Constant - Ceremonial Castings (Type O Negative cover)
- Barathrum's early discography
- At The Gallows End - Argus (Candlemass Cover)
- Bewitched's Discography (the Chilean band, not the Swedish band)
- When All The Laughter Has Gone - Dolorian
- Evermore - Forsaken (Malta)

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:10 am 

Vaders impressions in blood and the art of war. No idea why they’re still not on Spotify.
Elvenking and whispereds Demos. Yeah fat chance of that happening.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:44 pm 

Availability may be region dependent, but these are unavailable on Spotify in the UK. Some are just individual songs

- Black Sabbath - The End EP (features 4 outtakes from 13 and 4 live songs. Supposedly limited edition release - if so what's the harm in putting it on streaming services now it's no longer for sale?)
- Edguy - Cum on Feel the Noize and Standing on the Rain (they've got the other bonus tracks from Age of the Joker, but not these ones)
- Fear Factory - My Grave (the rights to the Transgression and Archetype albums are a bit of a nightmare, so I guess I should be grateful to have those albums, as some regions don't. This song would be nice though)
- Iron Maiden - Sanctuary (studio version)
- Iron Maiden - Twilight Zone (studio version - this is on their official YouTube channel)
- Iron Maiden - Virus (again, it's on their YouTube channel, but not Spotify)
- Iron Maiden - I Live My Way (the two other X Factor bonus tracks are on there on Best of the B-Sides)
- Kreator - Voices of Transgression (for the songs Inferno, As We Watch the West, and Lucretia (My Reflection))
- Kreator - Live Kreation (although I think the Bootleg Revolution release has some songs from this)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Talk of the Devil / Speak of the Devil (live Sabbath cover album)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Just Say Ozzy (nice little 6 track live EP)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis B-sides that are missing (eg Living with the Enemy, Voodoo Dancer)
- Ozzy Osbourne - The Ozzman Cometh (for Back on Earth and the two early Sabbath songs)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Black Skies (they put out an anniversary version of Down to Earth but didn't include this song)
- Ozzy Osbourne - the three bonus studio tracks from the tour edition of Black Rain
- Satyricon - Volcano (the only studio album not on there)
- Sodom - Til Death Do Us Part (the only studio album not on there)
- Wolf - Wolf, Black Wings, and Evil Star albums

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:28 pm 

Goatmoon, graveland discography, Satanic warmaster

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:30 pm 

jose_G wrote:

I'd rather they not be on streaming platforms, although I'm pretty sure Graveland and Satanic Warmaster are on Spotify. You can whine about the fact they're technically not NSBM through whatever logic you got but have fun explaining that to a real person. I really hope you don't have any patches or shirts showing those bands, a few years ago this guy got kicked out of a venue over a Goatmoon patch.

Y'know, for awhile I wished the band "Tearstained" was on streaming platforms, until I checked their Facebook and found out the musician behind the band was an unrepentant racist who is selling an album with the song "Social Parasitism" with lyrics that contained extreme anti-black rhetoric, racial slurs and all. He whined and said that people calling the band racist was bullshit, implying he shouldn't have to apologize for an album released so long ago back in 2006, but the fact he's still got the album with the song for sale on bandcamp with the lyrics, warts and all, on the homepage is just leading me to not feel all that bad for the guy. This isn't "cancel culture" or whatever you wanna fearmonger it as, I do genuinely believe people can change for the better, especially in the time of over a decade, it's just that if you made a profit from racist art and never apologized, why the fuck should I support you?

If you're listening to them just because you think the music is good and think you shouldn't have to be conscious about the music you listen to, support, and promote, I hope you realize there's plenty of fish in the sea that aren't borderline nazis. Do you love Grand Belial's Key for its traditional heavy metal-influenced black metal sound? You could find a band you like in the Greek Black Metal scene.

Now, if you're listening to them because you not only think the music is good but the people behind the music and themes are right up your alley ideologically, I hope you have the day you deserve.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:33 pm 

jose_G wrote:

Most Satanic Warmaster albums are on there now. Seconding Goatmoon.
Weakling 'Dead as dreams' comes to mind.

Last edited by Lagartija on Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:35 pm 

Lagartija wrote:
jose_G wrote:

Yes, and Weakling 'Dead as dreams'

Were they racists? Legit dont know

Edit: Ok my bad,I thought you were putting them on that list for that reason.

Last edited by Forever Underground on Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossbones
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:39 pm 

werewolfgraveyard wrote:

You read my mind. Stronger Than Evil and Death Or Glory are pure trad heaven - it's a shame I have to use YouTube to listen to them.

Blazon Stone's No Sign Of Glory and the Ready For Boarding EP need to be up on Spotify, too.

Raven_Augustus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:54 pm 

The Iron Maiden B-sides need to return. It's so weird listening to the debut without Sanctuary, or Killers without Twilight Zone. As someone who got these albums in the form of the 98 remasters which had them, I feel like they belong to the albums as is.

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:56 pm 

lordcatfish wrote:
Availability may be region dependent, but these are unavailable on Spotify in the UK. Some are just individual songs

- Black Sabbath - The End EP (features 4 outtakes from 13 and 4 live songs. Supposedly limited edition release - if so what's the harm in putting it on streaming services now it's no longer for sale?)
- Edguy - Cum on Feel the Noize and Standing on the Rain (they've got the other bonus tracks from Age of the Joker, but not these ones)
- Fear Factory - My Grave (the rights to the Transgression and Archetype albums are a bit of a nightmare, so I guess I should be grateful to have those albums, as some regions don't. This song would be nice though)
- Iron Maiden - Sanctuary (studio version)
- Iron Maiden - Twilight Zone (studio version - this is on their official YouTube channel)
- Iron Maiden - Virus (again, it's on their YouTube channel, but not Spotify)
- Iron Maiden - I Live My Way (the two other X Factor bonus tracks are on there on Best of the B-Sides)
- Kreator - Voices of Transgression (for the songs Inferno, As We Watch the West, and Lucretia (My Reflection))
- Kreator - Live Kreation (although I think the Bootleg Revolution release has some songs from this)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Talk of the Devil / Speak of the Devil (live Sabbath cover album)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Just Say Ozzy (nice little 6 track live EP)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis B-sides that are missing (eg Living with the Enemy, Voodoo Dancer)
- Ozzy Osbourne - The Ozzman Cometh (for Back on Earth and the two early Sabbath songs)
- Ozzy Osbourne - Black Skies (they put out an anniversary version of Down to Earth but didn't include this song)
- Ozzy Osbourne - the three bonus studio tracks from the tour edition of Black Rain
- Satyricon - Volcano (the only studio album not on there)
- Sodom - Til Death Do Us Part (the only studio album not on there)
- Wolf - Wolf, Black Wings, and Evil Star albums

Oooo those are some good ones, also now while I remember I think Marduk's Fuck Me Jesus should be on there. I know it's rare for metal demos to be on streaming platforms like Spotify but I wish it was on there regardless.

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:59 pm 

Forever Underground wrote:
Lagartija wrote:
jose_G wrote:

Yes, and Weakling 'Dead as dreams'

Were they racists? Legit dont know

All three of those bands are ran by people with racist history or have/had racist themes.

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:01 pm 

Crossbones wrote:
werewolfgraveyard wrote:

You read my mind. Stronger Than Evil and Death Or Glory are pure trad heaven - it's a shame I have to use YouTube to listen to them.

Blazon Stone's No Sign Of Glory and the Ready For Boarding EP need to be up on Spotify, too.

STRONGER THAN EVIL IS SO FUCKING GOOD. I have to put HammerFall's cover of Run with the Devil on my traditional heavy metal/power metal playlist instead of the real one but I yearn for the original.

Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:31 pm 

werewolfgraveyard wrote:

All three of those bands are ran by people with racist history or have/had racist themes.

I know, i was asking for Weakling since he put them with those 3 nazi bands and thought he was doing an ironic comment

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:52 pm 

werewolfgraveyard wrote:
Y'know, for awhile I wished the band "Tearstained" was on streaming platforms, until I checked their Facebook and found out the musician behind the band was an unrepentant racist who is selling an album with the song "Social Parasitism" with lyrics that contained extreme anti-black rhetoric, racial slurs and all. He whined and said that people calling the band racist was bullshit, implying he shouldn't have to apologize for an album released so long ago back in 2006, but the fact he's still got the album with the song for sale on bandcamp with the lyrics, warts and all, on the homepage is just leading me to not feel all that bad for the guy. This isn't "cancel culture" or whatever you wanna fearmonger it as, I do genuinely believe people can change for the better, especially in the time of over a decade, it's just that if you made a profit from racist art and never apologized, why the fuck should I support you?

If you're listening to them just because you think the music is good and think you shouldn't have to be conscious about the music you listen to, support, and promote, I hope you realize there's plenty of fish in the sea that aren't borderline nazis. Do you love Grand Belial's Key for its traditional heavy metal-influenced black metal sound? You could find a band you like in the Greek Black Metal scene.

Now, if you're listening to them because you not only think the music is good but the people behind the music and themes are right up your alley ideologically, I hope you have the day you deserve.

I think I saw part of that blowing up on Facebook or something. I was pretty put out, because I am pretty sure I have all of his albums, except for, as it happens, that particular one, and I didn't know what that song was all about. Yes, it seems the lyrics are all supposed to portray angry, aggressive, "homicidal" states of mind and don't necessarily express his own personal views, but it's still terrible, and even if he doesn't believe the shit he's saying, it's the sort of thing you would only put in one of your songs if you wanted to piss people off, which doesn't get much sympathy from me at this point. It's too bad really as he wrote some music that's really cool, and I have great memories associated with albums like Final Thoughts (odd perhaps, given the subject matter, but there you go).

But I don't really expect anything to be on Spotify or other streaming services. Those services don't do much for artists, and I don't see much incentive. The whole model is kind of broken in my opinion. I actually just wish there were more old artists on bandcamp and we could just download all their stuff from these artists or, if necessary, their labels.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:53 pm 

Angel Dust - Into the Dark Past / To Dust You Will Decay
Paradox - Product of Imagination
Cloven Hoof - Dominator
Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly
Assuck - Misery Index
Aspid - Extravasation (was on there previously but got removed)
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes (same as above)

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:16 pm 

Y'all know you can just buy these CDs for like $5 and then upload them to your Spotify/Apple Music accounts yourself, right?

Raven_Augustus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:29 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Y'all know you can just buy these CDs for like $5 and then upload them to your Spotify/Apple Music accounts yourself, right?

Wait what, are you for real?! :eek:

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:39 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:

That's not the point. I COULD just listen to them on youtube, but I can't put them on public spotify playlists to give to other people.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:52 pm 

werewolfgraveyard wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

That's not the point. I COULD just listen to them on youtube, but I can't put them on public spotify playlists to give to other people.

The title of this thread, which you made, includes the phrase "(Streaming Platforms (Spotify, etc.)". So maybe you should explain what the point is considering more people have Youtube accounts than Spotify accounts and Youtube also has public playlists?

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:47 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
werewolfgraveyard wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

The title of this thread, which you made, includes the phrase "(Streaming Platforms (Spotify, etc.)". So maybe you should explain what the point is considering more people have Youtube accounts than Spotify accounts and Youtube also has public playlists?

If people other than you were confused I would, but it seems to just be you.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:02 am 

I wish Evil Damn's album were on Spotify, along with Destruktor's Nailed. For some reason Destruktor's Opprobrium album is on there twice, but no Nailed. Their Nuclear Storm EP would be a good addition as well. I'd also love it if Armoured Angel's discography were on Spotify. Most underrated band ever in my book. Finally, Infernal Majesty's None Shall Defy needs to be on Spotify. What a delightfully evil album. The opening track "Overlord" is one of my top thrash cuts of all time.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:55 am 

Sorry, I edited after checking SW's discography on Spotify so it was a bit confusing. I also see that most Graveland albums are on there too.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:24 am 

Fear Factory - Archetype (I love a lot of the songs on this. I'd love to have Slave Labour and Archetype in my jogging playlist. Glad to have the MP3s on my computer though.)

Satan's Hallow - One of the best Trad HM albums of the decade. I have it on LP and digital download, but again, I'd love to have Moving On, Still Alive, and Beyond The Bells in my workout/jog playlist.

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:00 am 

werewolfgraveyard wrote:
jose_G wrote:

I'd rather they not be on streaming platforms, although I'm pretty sure Graveland and Satanic Warmaster are on Spotify. You can whine about the fact they're technically not NSBM through whatever logic you got but have fun explaining that to a real person. I really hope you don't have any patches or shirts showing those bands, a few years ago this guy got kicked out of a venue over a Goatmoon patch.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:01 am 

Another quality post by Jose

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:04 am 

Another quality post by Jose

haha who do you think you are to come to give morality classes? poor pathetic!

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:24 am 

jimbies wrote:
Fear Factory - Archetype (I love a lot of the songs on this. I'd love to have Slave Labour and Archetype in my jogging playlist. Glad to have the MP3s on my computer though.)

Satan's Hallow - One of the best Trad HM albums of the decade. I have it on LP and digital download, but again, I'd love to have Moving On, Still Alive, and Beyond The Bells in my workout/jog playlist.

Why can't you? Every streaming service supports uploads of personal files.

StarshipTrooper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:01 pm 

Fifth Angel's debut album, for God's sake!

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:45 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
jimbies wrote:

I use Spotify, and as far as I know, you can only listen to local files that are on the device you're using (correct me if I'm wrong). I have a lot of the stuff from my post in digital format, but I use Spotify on work computers a lot, where I don't readily have access to these local files. I don't know, would there be a way to link Spotify to some sort of cloud storage?

HighwayCorsair
Knows a guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:24 pm 

Grim Reaper's discography- I have the albums on LP but it's a pain when I'm out and about!
Owner Nameless Grave Records.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:48 pm 

I use the US Amazon Unlimited and at this time, Motörhead’s The World Is Yours is not available. The only studio album of theirs that is unavailable on that steaming platform.
Obliteration

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:09 pm 

lordcatfish wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:
jimbies wrote:

I use Spotify, and as far as I know, you can only listen to local files that are on the device you're using (correct me if I'm wrong). I have a lot of the stuff from my post in digital format, but I use Spotify on work computers a lot, where I don't readily have access to these local files. I don't know, would there be a way to link Spotify to some sort of cloud storage?

Yeah, I didn't know this was a thing for another device? I can listen to those songs when I am sitting at my desktop (the files are in my iTunes, but it has never worked on my iPhone)

whiskeyfinder general
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:54 pm 

Obituary's Xecutioner's Return and Darkest Day
Not their finest hours, but still.

Grim Reaper's See You in Hell.

The rest of Manilla Road's catalogue.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:05 am 

Always really annoyed that Katalepsy - Autopsychosis isn't on Deezer. It's pretty much the only album of theirs that I listen to with any regularity.
Same goes for Assassin - The Upcoming Terror, it's one of my favourite thrash albums but it's nowhere to be found...
Another one I'm realling missing is the Sulfurous Prayers of Blight and Darkness comp/split by Void Meditation Cult and Sperm of Antichrist (pre-VMC).

I'd assume it's all due to rights issues or something, but it's annoying regardless.

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:37 pm 

Judas Priest - Jugulator
Rejoin my soul with thine

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:47 pm 

Eternal Unity wrote:
Judas Priest - Jugulator

Jugulator’s omission on Spotify has always been weird to me. You can’t even blame it on Ripper Owens erasure when Demolition is on there even though it’s the inferior album.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 am 

jimbies wrote:
Yeah, I didn't know this was a thing for another device? I can listen to those songs when I am sitting at my desktop (the files are in my iTunes, but it has never worked on my iPhone)

Ah okay, so I was wrong. Apparently Spotify technically allows this, but only if you have a premium account and then restricts you to listening to uploaded while connected to the same network the files were uploaded from. Apple Music does this seamlessly with unlimited personal uploads and devices. Just one more reason Spotify sucks, I guess.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:00 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
jimbies wrote:

Mate, you just changed my life. Can't believe I didn't know about this.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:41 am 

I agree with Fifth Angel and Heavy Load.

Some of these I have on record or cd in the garage and some I regrettably traded in.

Tysondog - Beware of the Dog

Fist - Back with a Vengeance

Sieges Even - A Sense of Change

Sanvoisen - Exotic Ways

Zaxas - Zaxas

Tragedy Divine - Visions of Power

Glory Bells Band - Dressed in Black & Century Rendezvous

Virgin Steele - st & Guardians of the Flame

New Eden - Through the Make Believe & Obscure Master Plan & Stagnant Progression

Gothic Knights - Gothic Knights

Power's Court - Power's Court

Elegy - the Ian Parry albums

Tank - This Means War & Honour and Blood & Power of the Hunter

Lords of the Crimson Alliance - st

Titan Force - st

Chroming Rose - Louis the XIV

Sortilege - Hero's Tears

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - st

Reply to topic