Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:24 am 

Dandelo wrote:
Hibria is also another good shout. Their first and second albums are some good metal. I have no idea what happened with Blind Ride and the one after that.

I remember Blind Ride had some fanfare... the problem is that the following month or so, Satan's Host released By the Hands of the Devil, and that album basically did what Blind Ride did mostly right, only better. Didn't help Hibria's case that they had abandoned whatever trad leanings they had left on that second album, which itself shed quite a bit of that after their debut. Didn't help their case even further that Moving Ground is basically St Anger levels of bad, and Abel basically got himself a new band after that point. The new album is alright, it's got a few good songs, but Hibria ain't moving units like they did back in the day. Iuri's been in Eternity's End for a while and their new album has been doing quite well IIRC.

Disembodied
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:00 am 

Hammerfall comes to mind. It's easy to forget how big they were and how much hype was around them in the late 90s/early 00s. Never hear them mentioned at all now.

kovner1972
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:12 am 

Yeah, what happened to Hades (Hades Almighty)? They were all the rage back then, with some magnificent albums and popularity within the underground that fucking skyrocketed. Alone Walkyng is still one of my all-time favourite mini albums!

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:51 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I was just thinking of Job for a Cowboy for this thread. It could be since they haven't put out an album since 2014, though. I don't see a new album restoring them anywhere close to their late 2000s/early 2010s popularity, if they even make another one.

They're at least as big as they were in the MySpace era and possibly even bigger now, and the new album is actively being made.

Well, their new album came out earlier this year, and it didn't even chart on the Billboard Top 200 albums.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:07 am 

KaiKasparek wrote:
LycanthropeMoon wrote:
I feel like Sabaton have overtaken them in popularity (ouch).

Eh, I'd say they are about even right now, but it could still happen. Ghost have definitely overtaken Nightwish in global popularity.

Here in Belgium Sabaton is waaaay bigger than Nightwish. The festival billings and size of venues they play make the difference clear.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 pm 

I dunno if mentioned already or not, but whatever happened to Pain Of Salvation?? Early 00's and they were supposed to take the crown of prog metal. I guess the interest in the genre itself also faded, so perhaps that didn't help...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5