Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:00 pm 

Lzzy Hale is going to fill in on vocals moving forward? That is almost as unexpected as ZP Theart.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am 

SanPeron wrote:
thrashinbatman wrote:
SanPeron wrote:
They should try to get Sebastian Bach again, he was the face and image of Skid Row, I am sure if they put enough money on the table he will accept, not that he is doing millions with his solo career. I saw him live once in his solo band playing before Guns n Roses and it was an awesome show, but the songs that the crowd sang the most were the Skid Row ones.

from what ive seen, the resistance to that idea is on Skid Row's side. Bach has said several times, as recently as a few months ago, that's he open to doing a reunion with them. for whatever reason, they hate the dude so much theyd rather blunt their own commercial potential than be in a band with him.

I don't know what happened between them, but it probably was in the 90s and that happened 30 years ago, I think they should bring back Sebastian to all the fans to enjoy their classic lineup. Most fans and I would love to see an anniversary tour of Slave to the Grind. But is up to them to fix their personal issues.

I saw Baz solo a few years back and I thought he killed it. Great energy and performance of both his stuff and the Skids tunes.

I love the first three SR albums but they are pretty much a band I pay no attention to anymore.

EndorphinMachine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
It sounds like Sebastian Bach was a massive asshole and the band doesn't wanna deal with him again.

I don't blame them.

It's both very clear and very understandable the little extra cash is not worth the massive extra headaches of getting Bach back. As a fan I'm mildly disappointed, but I'd probably make the same decision if I was in their shoes.

Too bad this hand to end this way, Gronwall was a great fit. But you can imagine he realises the importance of his health, after all he went through...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2