Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:29 pm 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ed-44.html

All That Remains' guitarist Oli Herbert has died aged 44.

The heavy metal band confirmed the tragic news on its official Instagram page on Wednesday.

'We were devastated to learn that Oli Herbert, our friend, guitar player, and founding member of All That Remains, has passed away,' they wrote.

'Oli was an incredibly talented guitarist and song writer who defined Rock and Metal from the Northeast. His impact on the genres and our lives will continue indefinitely.

'No further details are available at this time. The band and family request that you please respect their privacy and remember Oli by celebrating the great music he made.'

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:59 pm 

Very sad. He was a talented player.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:17 pm 

I haven't listened to ATR in ages but these are sad news definitely, he was a great player. I remember watching a lot of his videos in youtube when I was 14 years old. Some of the first songs I've ever learned on guitar were by All that Remains (Except for the solos bc they where so hard!).

R.I.P.

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 pm 

I listened to The Fall of Ideals today in his memory.

I've not enjoyed most of their later releases, but I still enjoy their early material, mostly This Darkened Heart and The Fall of Ideals today. The man was a very talented lead guitarist and song-writer. It's truly sad to see someone go that young, regardless of who it is. It's even worst when it's a musician who brought you joy and contributed in creating amazing memories for you. Herbert's work used to play a lot in our high school parties. My friends and I used to love singing along to This Calling and The Air That I Breathe. May this amazing man RIP

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 am 

Absolutely gutted to hear this. He was found dead in a pond near his home, which is a terrible way to go. He will be greatly missed. R.I.P

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:04 am 

His band was not my cup of tea, but he was obviously talented and passionate about his art. Another one gone way too soon. Condolences to all those affected by this dreadful loss.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 am 

HeavenDuff wrote:
I listened to The Fall of Ideals today in his memory.

I've not enjoyed most of their later releases, but I still enjoy their early material, mostly This Darkened Heart and The Fall of Ideals today. The man was a very talented lead guitarist and song-writer. It's truly sad to see someone go that young, regardless of who it is. It's even worst when it's a musician who brought you joy and contributed in creating amazing memories for you. Herbert's work used to play a lot in our high school parties. My friends and I used to love singing along to This Calling and The Air That I Breathe. May this amazing man RIP

This really hit home with me. That's the only album I listened to by them that I actually liked, so I definitely need to jam it. It was definitely an entry-way into my extreme metal listening, making it a very pivotal record for me. May he RIP!

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:58 pm 

Q

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wombface
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:02 am 

Wow. This is some fucked up story for sure. She doesn't even seem to show any grief. Just trying to cover her ass.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:25 am 

Definitely fucked up. The creepy thing to me, is that most of the really damning evidence comes directly from her own Facebook timeline - things she herself posted (that "feeling blessed" pond photo...what the actual fuck?!?!?). I can't imagine the sheer narcissism and ego running through her head to make her think she'd have any chance of getting away with it after basically laying the entire chain of events out for authorities and everyone else to see on a public forum.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:02 am 

ambientsorrow wrote:

This is messed up... She's most definitely the Police's prime suspect now. I hope that light will be done on these events!

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:39 am 

ambientsorrow wrote:

Yikes...that's not suspicious at all

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Dullahan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:04 pm 

ambientsorrow wrote:

Holy shit, that was a disturbing read. The part about the dogs looks like a little bit of a stretch, though. As for the man himself, I was never a big fan of All That Remains, but his chops were undeniable. RIP.

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:12 pm 

I mean zero disrespect to Oli, but this whole ordeal is just morbidly fascinating to me.

Assuming she did kill him, how mental/dumb do you have to be to have a long series of sketchy social media posts focusing on the area where his body was found? And not even feigning remorse in the slightest? Does she have any idea how guilty all of that makes her look? Does she want to get caught or something? But if she didn't kill him, all those posts and all her comments make even less sense. Unless she's really just that much of a basket case which honestly isn't outside the realm of possibility. She's got issues, that's plain to see. Becoming best buds with his STALKER for fuck's sake, who does that kind of thing?

I'm getting a very OJ Simpson case vibe from this. It seems like everyone, based on context clues and her batshit social presence, everybody has a pretty good idea (if not 100% certainty) that she did it. But is there enough evidence for the police to make an arrest and get a conviction? You'd think in 2018 it'd be a no-brainer but history likes to repeat itself.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am 

Now this... is something else. The mere thought of it is less than pleasant.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Reply to topic