Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:12 pm 

Eric Hoffman's been dropping hints of an upcoming album the last few months. Then this today:

Looks like it's really happening!! The track sounds pretty solid although the vox are somewhat cleaner and different from what I expected. Although in other parts they remind me of Glen's vox on Legion, which is totally sick and awesome.

I've been looking forward to another Amon album since Liar in Wait and it can't come soon enough!! Any other Amon fans?

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 am 

I don't mind the cleaner vocals, they make me think of Randy Blythe and the quintessential growl/scream combo comes off as even more evil sounding when bounced off the higher yell. The sample at the beginning is definitely from The Devil's Rejects, love that movie. Altogether, seems like a solid track with a bit more flow than I expected, can't wait for the full album bringing back some of that oldschool Deicide sound that the Hoffmans really made the difference in.

Gunslinger21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:58 am 

Grouse song. I'd prefer Jeckel's original vocals and a proper production, but it sounds like an awesome song. Bit simpler than most of the stuff on Liar In Wait, but can't wait to hear the new album none the less. I just hope they get it together and start being more active now, they've got the talent and the gear.

Mass Suicide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:19 am 

Without the Amon tag, no one would give the slightest shit about this. Sounds like a million other faceless modern DM bands out there.

Reply to topic