Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:18 pm 

Listening to that very simple, yet amazing main riff of Marduk's 'Accuser/Opposer' [from ROM 5:12] and I'm reminded of how I always want to throw horns in the air & shout "Victory!" or "Courage!" whenever I hear this song. Because it's one of those which stirs something profound within... that sense of triumph (at least to my mind) not unlike the feeling awoken by Wagner's 'Ride Of The Valkyries', if you happen to agree.

And it seems only a handful of songs in metal (or anywhere really) are capable of this. Now, you may disagree & say the songs I've cited suck or you don't get that feeling at all from anything. In that case, this thread is not for you because I'm not looking to get into a debate on semantics or aesthetics or whatever...

However, even if you don't necessarily agree with my picks but DO AGREE that certain songs cause you to "Stand Up And Shout" (to quote the late R.J. Dio:), then I'd love to hear what they are for you, personally. To be clear, I'm *not talking about any old feeling or vibe*... I mean, I can listen to Leviathan's "Tenth Sublevel..." or Lord Mantis' "Pervertor" & get "a feeling", but it's a creepy, crawling-through-guts feeling and different than what I'm looking for here.

What I'm talking about here are the songs which make you feel, as the title suggests, "triumphant"... "alive"... "victorious"... Metal songs that make you feel "good" essentially, and intelligent (maybe) for having had the good luck or sense or taste to have discovered them.

A few more picks for me would be Maiden's 'Revelations' or 'Rime Of The Ancient Mariner' (particularly that final section when the soaring bass line kicks in)... Judas Priests' 'Freewheel Burning'... 'Rock Hard Ride Free'... Behemoth's 'Chant For Ezkaton 2000'... Mercyful Fate's 'Desecration Of Souls'...

So yeah, it's that anthemic feeling I'm talking about. What songs do that for you?

Last edited by Gemini 7 Rising on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:54 pm 

Any number of Dio-era Sabbath tunes! "Neon Knights." "Die Young." "Falling off the Edge of the World." "Heaven and Hell." Ah crap, I could go on. Those two albums got me though a LOT of teenage angst when I was an angsty teenager, look at it that way.

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:26 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Any number of Dio-era Sabbath tunes! "Neon Knights." "Die Young." "Falling off the Edge of the World." "Heaven and Hell." Ah crap, I could go on. Those two albums got me though a LOT of teenage angst when I was an angsty teenager, look at it that way.

Yes- great picks all of those... 'Neon Knights', 'Die Young' ...those pipes! Ronnie James in his prime \m/ Lot of great anthems in the Dio/Sabbath heyday. Thanks for the reminder, I'll be revisiting Heaven and Hell & Holy Diver this week

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 am 

This thread is probably just gonna be a 'good power metal songs' thread but I do understand the feeling you're talking about.

I can think of a whole list of songs but for now I'm gonna stick with just Galneryus' With Sympathy both for its solo (2:36) and its outro (5:19). The riff that plays both at the start of the solo, and throughout the outro is just super infectious and uplifting. It's got this folky, adventurous feeling to it that I think nails the feeling you describe.

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:56 am 

tahu157 wrote:
This thread is probably just gonna be a 'good power metal songs' thread but I do understand the feeling you're talking about.

I can think of a whole list of songs but for now I'm gonna stick with just Galneryus' With Sympathy both for its solo (2:36) and its outro (5:19). The riff that plays both at the start of the solo, and throughout the outro is just super infectious and uplifting. It's got this folky, adventurous feeling to it that I think nails the feeling you describe.

Just listened to this on YouTube... I'm not big on power metal myself, but if this stokes those feelings for you then that's what I'm talking about, so thanks for posting. The vocals & abundance of neoclassicalism (?) in the music aren't really my tastes, but the solo at 2:36 is pretty badass & so is the outro...

And I've always loved Bruce Dickinson (particularly classic era Maiden & The Chemical Wedding- a great record) so maybe this singer would grow on me, he seems to be in a similar range. thanks of sharing!

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:19 am 

Sabbat have a lot of candidates, but I'm going with the instrumental "Sausine" from Fetishism:

You must listen to the entire thing. It may not sound soaring at first, but it's building up and when that solo starts around 4:16... wow, just wow.

In a different vein, Helloween's "Ride the Sky" is the pinnacle of power metal cheese and it rips. No one can accuse them of not going all in.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 am 

Moonspell's Alma Mater does the trick for me, especially last quarter of the song...

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:39 am 

Manowar.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:30 am 

https://promo.theorchard.com/chULXNUtQwKjbYGx6bvR

This Shelton/Chastain track was the most recent one for me. God, that riff is good.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:27 am 

A lot of old Virgin Steele songs....

but first, Riot's "Swords and Tequila", Savatage's "24 Hours Ago", Black Sabbath's "Symptom Of The Universe", Queensryche's "Take Hold Of The Flame", Jag Panzer's "Warfare" and Judas Priest's "Exciter" should be gotten out of the way.

The Virgin Steele songs I'd quickly point to: "Noble Savage", "The Angel Of Light", "I Will Come For You", "Invictus", "Kingdom Of The Fearless" and "Guardians Of The Flame".

Now flood this thread with Blind Guardian already dammit, will y'all?

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 am 

I remember a guy on a different forum calling Freewheel Burning the musical equivalent to being shot out of a cannon and I think that is a perfect description.

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm 

exsiccation wrote:
I'm not sure this is as rare a thing as the original poster seems to suggest. That fist-pumping, "victorious" feeling is basically a staple of modern power, melodic death metal, and to some extent folk and symphonic metal. It's hard to find a popular band in those genres that doesn't do that, sometimes with every single song.

You may be right, in the sense that those modern power/melodic death & symphonic bands aspire to said feelings, but I would counter by saying I am looking only for the TRUE GEMS that actually pull it off, which probably has to do, in turn, with how truly inspired they/the artist were when writing a particular song & playing that song and/or how lucky they were in the riffs, etc. that found THEM.

Meaning, you'll hear artists all the time say things like, "I don't know where it (that riff, chord progression, etc.) came from. It just appeared- a gift from God [or Satan]." So I'm not looking for bands that use it as a staple for every song & I don't see how you could pull it off if you tried. I'm pretty sure BLACK SABBATH'S 'Neon Knights' came to them that way- kinda fucking around, and Tony Iommi pulls a riff out of the sky, R.J. Dio throws some fast lyrics together and they have a classic "soaring & triumphant" song in five minutes. My point being, you can't capture it every time & Sabbath doesn't go out of their way to write songs like that, they pull from a broad spectrum of feelings & ideas.

Of course it's somewhat subjective, but I'd say those here who mentioned, for instance, QUEENSRYCHE'S 'Take Hold Of The Flame', RIOT's 'Swords & Tequila' (there might be 2 or 3 on that great classic album) JUDAS PRIESTS' 'Freewheel Burning' are in line w/ my original post- It has to succeed in creating that feeling, not merely attempting to with every song they write. I don't listen to much of those genres you mentioned, except some melodic death like ATG, early In Flames and Sentenced. But I know At The Gates for instance, has few (if any) "soaring & victorious" anthems... Probably because they're a little too convoluted in their compositions (in a good way, because they don't go overboard with it) and those "feel good anthems" aren't what they aspire to. And I don't look to them for those types of songs. That said, maybe ATG do have something in their catalog which does that for someone, who am I to say? So in that case, tell us what it is.

And also I didn't/don't want to say 'No Power Metal, Symphonic, etc. Metal Allowed' (again, I'm not sure which ones are good or genuine bc I don't follow them) So I'd say, if that's your thing, then you must find their truly inspired works and not just say, "Blank Band's entire catalog".

Last edited by Gemini 7 Rising on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 354281
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm 

i can name a lot of songs that make me want to do that, but if i have to choose only one then it would be this one

opus diabolicus - lusitanian conquest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81p1A81q2Tg

lost count of how many times i've listened to it, and everytime i do i just can't stand still

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 pm 

Cat III wrote:
Sabbat have a lot of candidates, but I'm going with the instrumental "Sausine" from Fetishism:

You must listen to the entire thing. It may not sound soaring at first, but it's building up and when that solo starts around 4:16... wow, just wow.

This is awesome \m/

And obscure and... gritty. I love it and that solo rips.

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:36 pm 

Somar wrote:
i can name a lot of songs that make me want to do that, but if i have to choose only one then it would be this one

lost count of how many times i've listened to it, and everytime i do i just can't stand still

Don't know if this could ever give me, personally, that feeling I'm talking about- it's very winding & complex, but it is a very good & interesting song with a strange and kind of "uplifting" melody... I don't know these guys, how long have they been around & where are they from? Guess I'll look 'em up here on the Archives

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:43 pm 

I think I get what OP is describing. I've felt that sort of vibe from a handful of black metal tracks more than heavy, power or even epic metal which is supposed to accomplish exactly that sort of thing. I listen to epic and power metal quite a lot myself, but nothing in them have made me feel as alive as Unlord's Victory. That song carries some sort of power in it I've rarely heard in any other tune, specially the part where they scream "Victory!", those are some of the most angry yet uplifting vocals I've heard. The song works even better within the context of the album which is one of the finest of the genre in my opinion by the way.
Other tracks that come to mind are Sturmkaiser's Europa Pagana and Nokturnal Mortum's Ukraine. Nothing more triumphant and victorious than a well done anthem to your own roots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q75rucPjb0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOW4cU5DFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJj7AaVtT8

Speaking of power metal, I think lost horizon achieves a similar vibe, specially on songs like Pure or Heart of storm, although in a more "Come on! you can fucking do it!" sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYdbLfLnIHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gpjy6Pt6ng

Some people take Highlander as an example but while I think it's a good track it has so many riff and tempo changes it never reaches its climax

Last edited by blackmantram on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 354281
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:45 pm 

Gemini 7 Rising wrote:
Somar wrote:

Don't know if this could ever give me, personally, that feeling I'm talking about- it's very winding & complex, but it is a very good & interesting song with a strange and kind of "uplifting" melody... I don't know these guys, how long have they been around & where are they from? Guess I'll look 'em up here on the Archives
they're from Portugal and have been on and off several times, haven't released anything in a long time

an old friend of mine was a member of the band for a time and that's where i know them from

maybe that's part of the reason why that song has that effect in me, idk, i can't really explain it, i'm not particularly found of any of their other material, but that song just does it for me

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:46 pm 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
but first, Riot's "Swords and Tequila", Savatage's "24 Hours Ago", Black Sabbath's "Symptom Of The Universe", Queensryche's "Take Hold Of The Flame", Jag Panzer's "Warfare" and Judas Priest's "Exciter" should be gotten out of the way.

You know what song does it for me (soaring & Triumphant) off of SABOTAGE is 'The Writ'... great lyrics & those sweet melodies when it breaks down near the end (near the 5:00 mark first) a couple of times... Great lyrics too.

But the whole album is classic. And RIOT- great choice, especially 'Swords & Tequila'

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:10 pm 

blackmantram wrote:
I think I get what OP is describing. I've felt that sort of vibe from a handful of black metal tracks more than heavy, power or even epic metal which is supposed to accomplish exactly that sort of thing. I listen to epic and power metal quite a lot myself, but nothing in them have made me feel as alive as Unlord's Victory. That song carries some sort of power in it I've rarely heard in any other tune, specially the part where they scream "Victory!", those are some of the most angry yet uplifting vocals I've heard. The song works even better within the context of the album which is one of the finest of the genre in my opinion by the way.

This- UNLORD: 'Victory' -is fucking insane- LOVE IT. How come I've never heard of these guys? This is my kind of... what the fuck would you call this? Blackened Power Metal? Black Barbaric? haha It's great whatever it is

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:22 pm 

Gemini 7 Rising wrote:
You may be right, in the sense that those modern power/melodic death & symphonic bands aspire to said feelings, but I would counter by saying I am looking only for the TRUE GEMS that actually pull it off, which probably has to do, in turn, with how truly inspired they/the artist were when writing a particular song & playing that song and/or how lucky they were in the riffs, etc. that found THEM.

That would depend entirely, 100% on your own subjective experience of any given song that "attempts" to pull it off. So what you're asking for is impossible to gauge, other than people offering bands that they also have personally experience their own subjective moments like this. So his response is just as valid as any other in this thread by that nature alone, in my opinion. How's he supposed to know what you personally would find to successfully meet this criteria, other than to suggest other bands that do attempt this? It's the only thing anyone responding to your thread has to go on, this common feeling or emotion that they are trying to evoke. Whether or not you experience the same thing as another person is entirely up to you, but it doesn't degrade the sincerity of the suggestions at all.

Last edited by rexxz on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:24 pm 

I'll second Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I love the buildup from the more ambient segment and how Bruce's wicked laughter gives way to such an excitingly fast instrumental section.

Take Hold of the Flame has been mentioned a couple times but En Force is where it's at for me. That building rhythm with Tate's vocals is awe inspiring and the closing operatic segment takes it to a whole new level.

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Gemini 7 Rising wrote:

That would depend entirely, 100% on your own subjective experience of any given song that "attempts" to pull it off. So what you're asking for is impossible to gauge, other than people offering bands that they also have personally experience their own subjective moments like this. So his response is just as valid as any other in this thread by that nature alone, in my opinion. How's he supposed to know what you personally would find to successfully meet this criteria, other than to suggest other bands that do attempt this? It's the only thing anyone responding to your thread has to go on, this common feeling or emotion that they are trying to evoke. Whether or not you experience the same thing as another person is entirely up to you, but it doesn't degrade the sincerity of the suggestions at all.

Agreed, I think. My point is if every single song by most every single "power metal/symphonic/etc." band makes YOU personally jump up and yell, "YEAH!" than that doesn't really seem "inspired" to me... that almost sounds like a mental condition.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:12 pm 

As much as I'd like to dig into the classics for a tune that has this effect on me, I won't even pretend that Borknagar's "Colossus" isn't at the top of the list. It's like a song-length crescendo, and by the time Simen is singing "nothing but the process is infinite -- eternal, endless, indefinite," I feel like a split atom.

I agree with the above mention of "Ukraine," too. It's like drag racing down a mountain on a sled strapped to a jet engine.

All the power metal talk reminded me I'm long overdue for a Keldian fix, a band that excels at this sort of thing. Almost every song on Outbound does it, and I'm realizing I never got around to checking out the album that came out after it. Oops. A magical band, though.

And I can't forget Nagelfar's "Meuterei." After that slow, doomy beginning, when the song proper just erupts, punctuated by those blasts of synthesized horns, it's full fucking steam ahead.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:26 pm 

Gemini 7 Rising wrote:
What I'm talking about here are the songs which make you feel, as the title suggests, "triumphant"... "alive"... "victorious"... Metal songs that make you feel "good"

Triumphant you say?

Triumphant - Champion of Ithaca
I will right all the wrongs
Let the Gods sing my song
Triumphant - Champion of Ithaca
Let a new life begin
this is the end of my Odyssey

Amazing track from the 1st second to the 1454th!

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:48 pm 

The answer is, again, Manowar. "hail, hail, hail and kill."
Galneryus first album is full of those moments.

Nocturnal Rites, last song on the concept album The Sacred Talisman:
"And my death will be Glorius
When my mission is done
And my death will be glorious
My task is complete, my journey will come to end"

That's why I listen to metal!

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:05 pm 

The coolest thing about black metal is that it's often so melody driven that it can sound soaring and triumphant while also sounding evil as fuck. This is regardless of any symphonic/folk/pagan influence. Naming an old school example, Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas I think pulls this feeling off well throughout the album, though I want to say the strongest point with regards to this feeling would be on the bridge in the middle of the title track. The guitar melody of that part just makes me think of Satan flying out of hell and into the night sky with a malevolent and triumphant laugh.

blackmantram wrote:
Other tracks that come to mind are Sturmkaiser's Europa Pagana and Nokturnal Mortum's Ukraine. Nothing more triumphant and victorious than a well done anthem to your own roots.

So I never heard of this Sturmkaiser band, but I looked them up and found it really amusing that they use WW2 imagery and in particular a tank in front of the Altare della Patria as some symbol of national pride when Italy pretty much sucked at everything during that war. :lol:

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 pm 

Gemini 7 Rising wrote:
Cat III wrote:

This is awesome \m/

And obscure and... gritty. I love it and that solo rips.

I think soaring metal is better with some grit. Hence, another choice is Bathory's "One Rode to Asa Bay". In this case, the triumph is of an enemy force so there's also sorrow to the sound.

Something more chipper, though no less badass, is "Gorgon" by the almighty Angel Witch, showing you can be rocking and epic at the same time:

For another left field choice, here's this instrumental from Funereal Presence which I feel fits the bill, but may not do the same for others:

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 pm 

Anything from Lost Horizon but especially Highlander and Cry of a Restless soul.

Wolfheart's Chasm from their debut album has one of the most energizing and epic and heroic guitar riffs ive ever heard in 20 years of listening to heavy metal, from the 5:15 mark to the song ending is absolutely ass kicking

In Flames - Man Made God has an amazingly heroic riff at 2:42 as well

Last edited by Pitiless Wanderer on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 pm 

I live for super soaring metal. Moonsorrow's Jumalten Kaupunki is one of my all time favorite black metal songs is a great example of that:

Another great example is another favorite of mine, Hilenbrandsleid by Menhir

Also check out Indonesia's Pure wrath for some soaring atmospheric bm

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 pm 

Opus wrote:
The answer is, again, Manowar. "hail, hail, hail and kill."
Galneryus first album is full of those moments.

Nocturnal Rites, last song on the concept album The Sacred Talisman:
"And my death will be Glorius
When my mission is done
And my death will be glorious
My task is complete, my journey will come to end"

That's why I listen to metal!

It may be time for me to check out some Manowar then, so maybe I'll start here. It's a band I somehow overlooked through the years, even though I listen to bands from the same era (80s-90s), & I do know their reputation is pretty solid. (Other than what they wear:)

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 am 

HAVUKRUUNU.

I mean, you guys have probably heard of them, but it's hard to think of a metal band whose albums contain so many instances of that soaring/triumphant/fist-pumping type of metal riff for me. In general, I think any metal style that is not too musically complex, strives for "epic"-sounding melodies and riffs, and is fairly midpaced has a number of songs that convey this feel.

Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:38 am 

Xenophon wrote:
HAVUKRUUNU.

I mean, you guys have probably heard of them, but it's hard to think of a metal band whose albums contain so many instances of that soaring/triumphant/fist-pumping type of metal riff for me. In general, I think any metal style that is not too musically complex, strives for "epic"-sounding melodies and riffs, and is fairly midpaced has a number of songs that convey this feel.

I've never heard of these guys but I'm listening to some now- 'Kelle Surut Soi' off of YouTube. Pretty cool. And I agree, too much complexity within a composition generally cancels out its ability to be a "fist-pumping" anthem, they're like two different objectives. But I do love complexity when I'm in the mood. ATG's 'With Fear I Kiss...' or 'The Red In The Sky...', bands like Origin, Allegaeon, Hate Eternal... but they never give me that "soaring, triumphant" feeling, maybe it's different for some, idk.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 am 

Vilkacis - Sixty Three. https://vilkacis.bandcamp.com/track/sixty-three

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:42 am 

Running Wild's Riding the Storm is the song I use to pump myself up when I have to face some task that outright scares me. The combinatiob of music and lyrics works perfectly.

Sword by Grave Digger has one of the most absurdly epic choruses ever conceived; it makes me feel like I'm hammering hard with Siegfried himself on the anvil to forge that goddamn sword.

Bathory have a ton of such songs, particularly on the Blood on Ice and the two Nordland albums.

The slower, march-like section in Circle of the Tyrants (Celtic Frost), with those crushing riffs and martial drum fills, makes me feel like I could conquer anyone and anything in battle.

Last but not least, nothing, and I mean nothing, fills me with an insane frenzy like Painkiller, It's something that transcends the "soaring victorius" feeling this thread mentions, to be honest, but there's no way I can leave it unmentioned.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:34 am 

When I hear soaring, triumphant or victorious there is always one track that springs to mind before any other, Windir's 'The Blacksmith and Troll of Landamiri'. A building track with a soaring lead melody the really elevates the listener. I always envision a scene from say Lord of the Rings, a distant view of the 'party's' or 'heroes' determination to scale snow capped mountains, the only means to continue the journey or quest if you get me. I think the track is enhanced even more so with the fact its creator, Valfor sadly passed away in a similar struggle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDqhAK3mRk&app=desktop

Powerful...

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 am 

Manowar Army of the Immortals is a prime cut for this type of vibe. Cranking it now.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:34 pm 

Edit: I rushed to post this before reading through the thread, so I didn't realize HeavenDuff beat me to the punch. But the point can't be overstated! Also, I second what Lord_Jotun said about 'Riding the Storm'. That song is just flawless, and a great example of a perfect running song.

The last part of 'The Odyssey' by Symphony X immediately leaps to mind. 'Triumphant champion of Ithaca!' Oh man, I get such goosebumps from that part, it's so victorious and ALIVE. I used to listen to that song while running all the time, and that part would just send me over the top, especially since it usually came at the end of the run and motivated me to finish strong. Man, I'm going to have to listen to it now.

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:22 pm 

Symphony X - Church Of The Machine, the most epic epic of all time

Bonus:

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next