Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm 

News is a bit old, almost 3 weeks, but good news none the less. That tour of his home studio though... damn.

His IG

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:02 pm 

My favorite guitarist of the past 20 years, easily. It's a shame that he's just collecting checks in AE and not being put to use. Everyone knows his work with Nevermore was absolutely legendary. I always look forward to his solo stuff - he's a cool guy to have beers with also. Very mellow and humble.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
My favorite guitarist of the past 20 years, easily. It's a shame that he's just collecting checks in AE and not being put to use. Everyone knows his work with Nevermore was absolutely legendary. I always look forward to his solo stuff - he's a cool guy to have beers with also. Very mellow and humble.

I mean, if those AE checks go towards making this anything up to his potential, I guess it'll be worth it.

I'll still joke that he looks like he doesn't want to be there in the AE promo shots, though.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:56 am 

Good to know he's still finding time for this while toiling away on Amott's bottom-of-the-barrel self-plagiarizing dross. It might even light a fire under his ass to go even further all the way - when Satyricon devolved to mid-tempo 4/4 dullard rock beats ad nauseam, Frost whipped up a maelstrom of punishing beats in 1349.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:35 pm 

motorsport wrote:
I mean, if those AE checks go towards making this anything up to his potential, I guess it'll be worth it.

I'll still joke that he looks like he doesn't want to be there in the AE promo shots, though.

Loomis ended his endorsement deal with Schecter earlier this year so he could play other brand guitars. If you look at his Insta, he's showing off Gibsons, Jacksons, and even a Fender Strat. Clearly AE pays well enough if he could dump Schecter after, what, 18 years?

That Mac Pro has got to up upgraded, though. Thing is a decade old.

Reply to topic