Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The Red Tower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 am 

Gotsu Totsu Kotsu (兀突骨) will have their 5th album out in October! Once more we'll have to face crushing DM from Japan with roaring vocals, slap bass rumbling, top notch songwriting and bloody katana action - at least that's what I hope for and what to expect when they stick with their formula.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gotsu-Totsu-Kotsu-%E5%85%80%E7%AA%81%E9%AA%A8/137420836295935
http://diskunion.net/diw/ct/detail/HMHR180831-003?dss_mode=pc

Spoiler: show

So far this band never disappointed if you ask me. Anyone else ready and looking forward to this?

Could any of our Japanese friends here at MA come up with the transcriptions to Rômaji for the Japanese album and song titles as it was done for the band's previous albums please? Would be greatly appreciated! The English translations are taken from the diskunion link above.

Album title: 背水之陣 - The Final Stand

Song titles:
1. 魔ノ都 - Urbs Diaboli
2. 無二ノ決戦 - A Showdown Like No Other
3. 撫デ斬リ - Sword Sweep
4. 屍ヲ晒セ - Die In Glory
5. 無慈悲ナ仏神 - Merciless Deities
6. 反撃ノ時 - Time To Strike Back
7. 背水之陣 - The Final Stand
8. 文物ト戦 - Civilizations And Wars
9. 降伏勧告 - Summons To Surrender
10. 時代ノ碑 - Epigraphy Of An Er

Jebator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 am 

Got to know this band after "Where Warriors Once Dreamed a Dream" and fell in love immediately, for all the reasons OP mentioned. The straight/forward tempo brutality (blasts kept to a minimum), Takahatas ROAR and those out-of-the-ordinary melodic proggy sweeping solos that really freshen up the death metal ferocity.

Slowly went back into their discography, and was not too impressed with their earlier work. I mean, its good death metal, but the songs are sometimes too long for no particular reason (riffs are mostly repeated thorughout typical verse-"refrain" structure, and those vocal lines sound extremely similar without much variation). Those early albums would be much better with some good editing and shortening of the songs.

While the last album is stil a tad too long, love the hints of melodies thrown in, and much more complex guitar work (for example, the last few minutes of "The Unfulfilled Dream" where the furios melodic soloing, fast old/school death metal beats and those throaty vocals come together in one, get me every time). Some relly intense songs. Was lucky enough to get the album last year in Disc Union in Tokyo.

Relly looking forward to this album, and hopefully a few Euro gigs!

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:49 am 

Glad to help again! As with last time, I'll note that I'm not a native speaker, so if anyone's got any corrections feel free to throw 'em up.

背水之陣 - Haisui no jin

1. 魔ノ都 - Ma no to
2. 無二ノ決戦 - Muni no kessen
3. 撫デ斬リ - Nadegiri
4. 屍ヲ晒セ - Shikabane o sarase
5. 無慈悲ナ仏神 - Mujihi na butsujin
6. 反撃ノ時 - Hangeki no toki
7. 背水之陣 - Haisui no jin
8. 文物ト戦 - Bunbutsu to ikusa
9. 降伏勧告 - Koufuku kankoku
10. 時代ノ碑 - Jidai no ishibumi

EDIT: Changed the capitalization to be consistent with the other transliterations on the Archives.

The Red Tower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm 

PurpleDoom wrote:
Glad to help again! As with last time, I'll note that I'm not a native speaker, so if anyone's got any corrections feel free to throw 'em up.

Thanks man!
I won't yet add the transliterations to the album page in case someone will provide corrections.

EyesOfGlass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:41 pm 

Is it possible to buy a digital copy of their last album, Where Warriors Once Dreamed a Dream? I absolutely love their music and iTunes has all three of them except the last one.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:11 pm 

おもしろい。かいたいです。There's my terrible Japanese. Never hear of them but it is interesting sounding stuff. Will track down an album.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:23 pm 

These guys are incredible. They manage to combine two of my least favorite things: death metal and long albums and holy SATAN do they make it work for them.

That super upfront bass is everything.

Reply to topic