Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:18 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:

Les Binks is 67 though, that's really my only objection. If they got a young drummer, they can play any song from any era.

Yeah, okay, but - let's be honest - everything after '84 isn't great... and if that young drummer plays anything like Scott Travis then I don't want that. :P A modern metal guy would lose some of the charm, just like the current Priest guitarist sucks because he puts Zakk Wylde licks all over the place. Hell, if Les is really struggling maybe they can bring him out for shorter set with Stained Class/Killing Machine/Unleashed stuff.

Also, let's consider ticket prices... surely it'd be much cheaper and at cooler, smaller venues.

MatsBG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm 

Acrobat wrote:
Honestly, Ripper needs to be hounding KK Downing to form some sort of "play Priest live" show. Get Les Binks on drums (he's still good friends with KK) and, say, whoever you want on guitar and, let's be honest, the bassist doesn't matter too much. Play the clubs, make the fans happy, play stuff that the other Priest doesn't touch so much... avoid the hits. It would be cool! This is basically the only sensible thing to do. Of course, KK has to want to as well, but he seems keen enough to get back into playing live.

I thought I wanted this, but listening to that cover of Beyond the Realms of Death they did a few months back, I can't say I would pay much to hear that live :ugh:

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:32 pm 

MatsBG wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Honestly, Ripper needs to be hounding KK Downing to form some sort of "play Priest live" show. Get Les Binks on drums (he's still good friends with KK) and, say, whoever you want on guitar and, let's be honest, the bassist doesn't matter too much. Play the clubs, make the fans happy, play stuff that the other Priest doesn't touch so much... avoid the hits. It would be cool! This is basically the only sensible thing to do. Of course, KK has to want to as well, but he seems keen enough to get back into playing live.

I thought I wanted this, but listening to that cover of Beyond the Realms of Death they did a few months back, I can't say I would pay much to hear that live :ugh:

Yeah, that puts the kabosh on this whole idea. That was horrible!!!!!!

TheHellstorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:49 am 

Enough Priest coverbands. I’d rather see him doing some strong original material. And the idea of joining Annihilator does not sounds bad to me, if that would mean putting him on some new tracks.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:36 am 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after listening again after a day it sounds more coherent. And thats saying a lot because my first listen was clusterfucking my brain completely.

The vocal melodies still doesn't makes sense to the chords sometimes, and I still cannot stand when they mash in too much words in too little time

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 am 

It still does not resonate with me. I like the individual singers but having them together on a track really does not work that well.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm 

This is overkill.

Which gave me an idea; imagine a three tremors of thrash featuring Blitz, Belladonna and the Death Angel vocalist. Eh? Anyone???

MatsBG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:30 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_qEDLpOprM

New lyric video. Still an incoherent mess of vocal lines and screams, but the music backing it feels a lot more focused.

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 pm 

The production value of that video (and the song) are just so horribly horribly bad. At this point it's not funny, its really just sad.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:36 pm 

This is like the vocal-centric equivalent to a really bad shred guitar album, complete with obviously fake sounding programmed drums.

Speaking of which, now that I'm reminded, what's the name of that terrible female guitarist that gets brought up in the old "worst songs ever" thread on here? I'm gonna go nuts now that I can't remember the name.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Mercyful Fat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 pm 

Great Kat

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:05 am 

Last week Sean Peck showed me "Bullets for the Damned". To be honest it wasn't too bad, definitely the best of the songs that I've heard from it so far. It definitely isn't anything different enough to change anyone's minds on the album, I think.

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:18 am 

Subrick wrote:
This is like the vocal-centric equivalent to a really bad shred guitar album, complete with obviously fake sounding programmed drums.

Speaking of which, now that I'm reminded, what's the name of that terrible female guitarist that gets brought up in the old "worst songs ever" thread on here? I'm gonna go nuts now that I can't remember the name.

But surprisingly even the vocal recording/mixing is absolutely subpar. This album is going to be a huge flaming steaming turd. You can roll a turd in glitter, but it's still a turd.

I always thought The Great Kat was a parody though?

TheHellstorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:33 am 

She was a cool guitarist stuck in the worst character ever and not knowing when to stop.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 am 

No kidding, that's some terrible engineering on the vocal parts. The background harmonies seem to compete for space and sound strangely muffled, and nothing seems to gel with the music at all.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2