Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:43 am 

Last edited by Bingewolf on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:59 am 

Sampled the album yesterday, it were shite. All that window dressing and very little actual quality. I think I came across some two good riffs in a bland, grey mush of modern black metal. Outside of very few bands, I really don't care for downtuning in black metal, either.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:04 pm 

I saw Batushka yesterday and I thought the show was great. I see a lot of negativity about the robes and image outshining the music but that was certainly not the case. The only times the band really did any theatrical things were between songs. The sound was excellent, show was great. I left being very impressed.

l saw them as part of a festival and they were the first act on the main stage. It was interesting to see how well attended their set was... They had more fans watching than several more established bands including Godflesh and American Nightmare. If I had to guess, I'd say 2000-2500 people. Probably the second (or third) most attended show of the day behind Danzig and, maybe, Monolord. They also sold out of all merch except for one shirt in larger sizes as well. So, safe to say, they have "arrived"...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3