Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Crescent_Moon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:31 am 

Norwegian drummer Blod passed away few days ago. He wasn't such a significant person in metal world but I sincerely love albums that he recorded with Gehenna and Antaios. But now in his memory I want to start small discussion regarding one album with his participation - Opus III - Ad Caelestis Res by Forlorn. For me this is one of the best examples of modern epic melodic black metal. Now when two persons who participated in recording of this album has passed away (second one is Jan Barkved (Elusive) who recorded clean vocal lines) kindly asking you to share thoughts about this piece of beautiful music. RIP Blod.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:52 am 

Saw the news yesterday; shitty as can be, 43 is way too young to croak. He also played on one of Tsjuder's demo, so while he might not have been a scene vip, he was definitely a busy fella. Didn't know that another member of Forlorn had already left this world :(
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

QFF
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:39 pm 

Very sad news. I am a huge fan of all the Forlorn material (Hybernation is "okay", but nothing compared to the early trilogy) and Opus III is a masterpiece. A truly great album that gets lost in the era of the black metal "matrix virus". Eternal hails to Blod!

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:16 am 

Forlorn is indeed one of those good bands that somehow slipped through the cracks, most likely due to oversaturation. I revisited the s/t mcd a few weeks ago, and damn does it hold up well.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Crescent_Moon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 pm 

Thank you, guys for keeping in memory these albums. Yeah, Forlorn was in shadow of all other brilliant norwegian bands but I always liked their majestic manner to play their music. Songs like Gate of Mystic, A Battle So Bright, Lik Av Falne Menn and all album Opus III eternally engraved into my playlist.

Reply to topic