Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:05 pm 

I was lucky enough to see Manilla Road twice at Frost and Fire in the last few years, and between those two events, I was able to talk with Mark a little bit. Not about anything in particular, and not for very long, but he was extremely kind, warm, and down to earth both times I talked with him. He was kind enough to sign my MR back patch, which I will wear on that vest forever. Manilla Road has been hugely impactful for me over the last 4 or 5 years, introducing me to the more epic side of traditional metal. I'll be spinning Manilla Road all day in his honour.

Thanks for the music and kind words, Mark.

Wombface
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:06 pm 

I am fucking devastated. Another legend I'll never get to see live. This hurts real bad and it's probably some of the worst possible news to wake up to. He seemed like such a kind and genuine soul. R.I.P. Mark.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:13 pm 

I am absolutely heartbroken and beyond sad. I met for the 40th anniversary shows when Manilla Road first came to Poland (before that I saw them at Keep It True) and I desperately wanted a video interview with him as Manilla Road is among a small handful of my absolutely favourite bands. He could just tell me he was tired and decline but he actually agreed and the interview is up on YouTube. He was the most gracious, nice, charming and humble musician I have ever met. I am beyond words. A legend of metal and a god among men.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:18 pm 

Man, what a loss. This is truly grievous. I'm even more grateful now that I got to see the Road at MDF a few years ago, and even more thankful that I got to meet Mark and the rest of the band. Mark was the epitome of a class act. He was genuinely appreciative of his fans, completely passionate about his music and lyrics, and so very generous with his time; I never once got the feeling that Mark would rather be anywhere but hanging out, taking pictures, signing stuff, and talking. I bought a 'Mysterium' poster there, which he and Patrick then signed - not just the perfunctory name-signing, but adding stuff like 'Your brother in Metal' (that was Mark) and 'Up the Hammers!' (Patrick). Pure class.

What's more, I was friends with Mark on FB, and I still have one of our conversations in my chat history. I was telling him about this children's fantasy story I was writing, and he said that when he was done touring he'd read it. That'll never happen now, but it just further goes to show what kind of guy he was.

Rest in peace, my brother in Metal - and keep the hammers raised in eternity.

Last edited by ~Guest 171512 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:22 pm 

Aooga wrote:
I check this forum every few weeks just to catch up on what's new(not on FB). Was not expecting this.
I'm glad I got to meet and watch him live in 2011. It's one of my cherished live show experiences.
Been a die hard fan since 2005. I'm so glad they managed to find success and fame(sic) in the latter half of their career. We are fortunate that he was so prolific and we have a lot of his music to appreciate for ages to come.
RIP

Ohai *waves* Nice to see you again, even if it's in such sad circumstances.

Element_man wrote:
Absolutely gutted by the news. I met Shelton in 2013(?) at the Noctis fest in Calgary, AB. It was Manilla Road's first Canadian show. He invited myself and a bunch of friends to a party in his hotel room after the show. We showed up, sang a bunch of Rush and Triumph, smoked up and got absolutely steaming drunk. My attached picture speaks for itself, really. He signed my The Deluge backpatch and that vest has been on display in my room for the past couple years. We talked a bit about metal, but spent a lot of time talking about non-metal too. Hard rock, country and bluegrass and prog. He told me that he played in country bands for spare cash when MR was on hiatus. I wrote a short essay on his guitar playing style on the Metal-Archives forum in the Musician's section. My band Gatekeeper owes much to his influence.

I saw Manilla Road again (twice) at Frost and Fire festival, both fantastic performances. I had hoped to ask him about John McLaughlin and Mahavishnu Orchestra the next time I saw him, as I'd started getting into them and the influence seems unmistakable to me. I guess this will remain a mystery.

Gofundme link is here, to get his body back home to the USA.
https://www.gofundme.com/mark-shelton-rip

https://imgur.com/a/bnlU5o0

We are lessened by his passing.

That's a cool story. Thank you for sharing.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:50 pm 

Jesus, that's awful. Wish I would have seen the band live the last time they were in Toronto.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Jesus, that's awful. Wish I would have seen the band live the last time they were in Toronto.

Unfortunately they were never in Toronto. We tried to organise something last year but it couldn't be worked out.

They did play Montreal in 2013 though!
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm 

Like many others on here, I got into Manilla Road about 10 years ago because of how much a lot of people on here were saying they're one of the greatest bands. I just fell in love with the music. This really really sucks. 60 is way too young, and especially so suddenly and far away from his family.

R.I.P. Mark The Shark

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:15 pm 

It's sad, yes, but the truth is that he went quickly, and mere hours after playing what he and the rest of the band said was one of their best ever sets.

hellroadie posted a live video on facebook describing how they were feeling and what happened/was happening. It's really emotional but worth a watch.

savagevelocithrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm 

This hurts so much. Im not the most raging fan of post-80s M.R, but i have quite the personal history with their classic albums, and specially "Crystal Logic"

I got into them when "F.O.A.D." by Darkthrone came out and the lyrics on "Raised on Rock" ("I've made my own code, Sold my soul to Manilla Road, Modern metal I don't give a fuck, UH! I was raised on rock") make me want to hear them. Needless to say, when i heard the opening riff to "Metalstorm" for the first time, i was sold. Then i came to hear "Crystal Logic" and my life changed forever. I was a very depressed teenager at the time, and hearing that ancient record full of power and magic and LIFE give me a new perspective to live... is truly one of those album that can save your life.

This world needs more people with passion and artistic integrity like The Shark. People like him made Metal the culture and art form is today.

May the lords of light be with you, Mr. Shelton. Play "Cristal Logic" at MAXIMUM VOLUME to honor one of the truest, more METAL bands that have ever existed.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:38 pm 

Terrible news to hear. RIP Shark. I'm so glad I got to see them in NJ last year. They killed that night playing classic after classic.

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:48 pm 

Even though I never was a big Manilla Road fan, this band is such a legend as it is I think the most important epic heavy metal band of all times. Rest in Peace Mr. Shelton.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

VenusianSea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:56 pm 

It's been a few hours and I still can't process it properly.

Manilla Road has been my favorite band since I first listened to them in 2005. Every single one of their albums holds a special place in my heart. I was lucky enough to catch them live five times (I had to travel to another continent every single time, mostly for them) between 2011 and 2017. I can't believe Keep It True XX was the last time I'll ever see them. I always assumed I'd see them again, every time.

Mark was such a sweet guy the couple times I got to talk to him. He faced a lot of hardships trying to keep Manilla Road alive and he never gave up. His contribution to metal is not a small one.

May he rest in peace. His legacy lives on.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 pm 

This has come as a bit of a shock to me. Manilla Road are such a great and unique band, they have a mystique about their music that few others are willing to capture. "Crystal Logic" is one of the best heavy metal albums of the 80s and they've always been criminally underrated. Mark Shelton had such a unique voice and easily discernible songwriting style - you know it's Manilla Road the moment you hear it, before the vocals even kick in.

"We never ever will die, 'cause heavy metal is life..."

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:25 pm 

Just drove home in the rain playing "Totentanz" off Voyager. Goddamn what a talent they were. A truly unique voice.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:48 pm 

It's rare for the world to see such a unique and creative mind. No one sounded like Mark, or Manilla Road, even those that have tried. He was one of the few that lived and breathed his passion until the very end.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:38 pm 

doomicus wrote:
It's rare for the world to see such a unique and creative mind. No one sounded like Mark, or Manilla Road, even those that have tried. He was one of the few that lived and breathed his passion until the very end.

According to Bryan Patrick and co he was thanking his band mates for everything till he passed. What a class act. My fiancé was in tears and the metal world is truly poorer for his passing but in the end he died doing what he loved and not many people can ever say that.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:19 am 

It was so sudden. :(

RIP. He was a great artist for a great band.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

~Guest 43555
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:36 am 

I've been on this site for years, but I've rarely posted. This can't be ignored, though.

I just recently got into Manilla Road, like, two years ago. I was 29 and your typical black/death metal freak. A pal recommended the band to me, and I was like "what the hell".

I remember looking at the cover, and I remember thinking it was distinctly "gay as fuck" and strange looking. Something silly like that. My pal swore up and down it was one of the best "pure" metal records ever made. He made it sound almost Manowar-esque in its mythological scope.

I remember thinking it so strange how the singer's voice sounded so goddamn weird, but at the same time absolutely endearing.

I remember being somewhat put-off by the (fairly) lo-fi guitar sounds, but mesmerized at the same time at how fast and ripping the playing was.

I remember hearing these strange lyrics of abstract fantasy lands... The Holy Mother. The Father of Light. Lines that, on the outside seemed terribly silly (We'll slay them, with LOGIIIICCC!!!!!) but sung with 100% conviction.

It was then I realized that I wasn't listening to men, but literal gods of metal. A term I always thought was corny and lame, until I heard Manilla Road.

This hurts me so fucking bad. More than Lemmy, Dimebag, Vinnie Paul or anyone else of note that has passed away recently. I didn't think I was really a metalhead anymore (I rarely listen or get into new music nowadays) but Mark's passing has reminded me of a few things. His life has reminded me of a few things. He never gave up doing what he loved.

We should all aspire to the same, no matter what shit life throws your way.

Sorry for the long winded post. I love you, Mark... and I (we) will miss you.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:32 am 

I'm just so thankful he got to fully live his dream before it ended. Never ending world tours. He's, in my opinion, the best that ever did it in heavy metal.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:36 pm 

God damn this hit me hard. Manilla Road is perhaps my second all time favorite band behind Mercyful Fate, maybe my favorite. And for sure Shelton was my most revered guitarist and just one awesome and humbled guy. THIS is a major loss to metal, like Dio and Steele before him. I'm saddened yet happy for him, especially after watching this interview. He died doing what he loved. Skip to around the 49:00 mark or so, he even says so. R.I.P. my metal hero!! You are a true Metal God now.

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:04 pm 

I'm absolutely shattered by the news. He really was one of the true metal-warriors. I'm so grateful to have seen them on their 40th anniversary tour and to hear Dreams of Eschaton live. One of my all time favourite songs ever.

Rest in Peace Mr. Shelton. You are a legend.
Awaiting our reign

Hellbenderus Anus Maximus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:45 pm 

Very sad to hear about this. RIP.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:03 pm 

Sad to hear this. Only caught them live once about 5/6 years ago. Was epic.
Met and spoke to them briefly and Mark was super positive and enthusiastic. Seemed like a really cool guy, and obviously completely dedicated to his craft.
Haven't really heard the last few albums, but I blasted Crystal Logic yesterday.
RIP

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:16 pm 

VenusianSea wrote:
It's been a few hours and I still can't process it properly.

Manilla Road has been my favorite band since I first listened to them in 2005. Every single one of their albums holds a special place in my heart. I was lucky enough to catch them live five times (I had to travel to another continent every single time, mostly for them) between 2011 and 2017. I can't believe Keep It True XX was the last time I'll ever see them. I always assumed I'd see them again, every time.

Mark was such a sweet guy the couple times I got to talk to him. He faced a lot of hardships trying to keep Manilla Road alive and he never gave up. His contribution to metal is not a small one.

May he rest in peace. His legacy lives on.

emperorlives wrote:
I've been on this site for years, but I've rarely posted. This can't be ignored, though.

I just recently got into Manilla Road, like, two years ago. I was 29 and your typical black/death metal freak. A pal recommended the band to me, and I was like "what the hell".

[...]
This hurts me so fucking bad. More than Lemmy, Dimebag, Vinnie Paul or anyone else of note that has passed away recently. I didn't think I was really a metalhead anymore (I rarely listen or get into new music nowadays) but Mark's passing has reminded me of a few things. His life has reminded me of a few things. He never gave up doing what he loved.

We should all aspire to the same, no matter what shit life throws your way.

Sorry for the long winded post. I love you, Mark... and I (we) will miss you.

Beautiful posts/tributes both. <3

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:38 pm 

I saw them at MDF in 2013 and they were so enjoyable, and I've always been fond of them, really sad shit to hear. RIP Mark.

playing the fountain and having a good cry

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:17 pm 

Oh and the Facebook video the rest of the band uploaded almost made me cry... It's so sad.
I really like the other bands or fests' tribute, also.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:04 pm 

I think "The Fountain" might be Mark's best acoustic song. Really emotional stuff, and yes that's him singing and not bryan. "I'll never let go of my dreams!"

Since we've all shared some cool anecdotes about Mark the Shark and what a great guy he was, I wanted to bring back what's always been one of my favourite stories about him, from the mark of the Beast insert. Sorry I don't have it here at the moment so can't type it out, but essentially the guy who would later found Monster Records/Rockedrome sent Mark a letter sometime in the early 80s. He told him how much he liked the Invasion album and specifically the song 'The Empire", and asked him if he had any other songs "like that one". Mark sent a letter back with a tape. "I don't think we're ever going to release this, but you wanted more songs like 'The Empire', so here ya go!" And just like that, that young kid (I think he said he was about fifteen at the time) had a never-before-heard-by-most Manilla Road album right there in his hands.

And that's just the kind of person he was I think. Always generous and giving of both his time and work. I've no doubt that he would have read that fantasy story and given his thoughts about it, too.

Tezcat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:48 pm 

I discovered Manilla Road thanks to this forum...

We are watching our gods die...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:39 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Manilla Road - Avatar, off Mark of the Beast

I haven't commented anything on the recent thread about Shelton's passing because there's nothing I can actually add there. No amount of sorrowful expression can convey the sheer hollowness, momentaneous as it was, that I felt when I read the thread's title. Though I wasn't an instant fan, the day this man's music clicked with me was one of great importance to me. It wasn't all at once, and every era required its getting used to, but it soon became clear that I was in front of something very special. Listening to Manilla Road is kinda like living through those old pulp tales people loved about a century ago; worlds of wonder and adventure and mysticism and darkness and beasts and battles, away from the mundanity of the real and tangible. And all of this power, this wonder, this imagination, is the work of the man who has now left us all. This Man. This Avatar.

Undying.

No, I do have something to contribute.

R.I.P. to a Legend.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:09 am 

Thanks to everyone who's shared a story or an anecdote about Mark, they have been very touching to read in light of his passing, and they're a wonderful testament to the fact that Mark and Manilla Road were something completely unique and awesome. Absolutely without equal.

I think there was something magical about the music of Manilla Road. Their records are very charming, but when I saw them play, everything came alive in a way unlike I've ever experienced. I know there were a few people who weren't massively enthusiastic fans, and had maybe heard Necropolis and liked it somewhat but left it at that. A few songs into the set, they had pulled the whole venue in, and everyone just seemed to be having an absolute blast. And the band did, too, I'm definitely sure of that. They played a long set, too, and even some people like my friend, who didn't know almost any of the songs, or particularly care for the recordings, enjoyed every minute of it.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:22 am 

Gutted. Mark Shelton/Manilla Road has been my favourite artist/band for the last 17 years. R.I.P.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 am 

I did not want to intrude but since people are sharing I will also share my Mark story...

Sometime before the 40th anniversary Manilla Road tour I started my podcast - What The Fuzz Podcast. A small thing done in Polish to discuss bands, trends in the metal/rock scene etc. Just a small DIY endeavour. We (me and my buddy that runs the podcast with me) found out Manilla Road was playing in our city - Warsaw. I was astounded and bought tickets then and there. I have already seen them once during one of the Keep It True festivals but I kinda hoped we could meet them and talk to Mark for a short while. You see - in metal Manilla Road was always among my favourite bands. Their sound and records were so unique and otherwordly and their progression towards heavier material done so masterfully that could not help but just be a massive fan. Then I had the small glimmer of an idea - let's interview those guys for the podcast! And do it in video form! Sure it was a longshot but what the hell. I contacted the booking agent - nothing. I contacted the local organizer - nothing. I was feeling kinda dejected but I, on a whim, I sent a message to Hellroadie. And he said yes! What is even more astounding - the guys changed their schedule so that we could do the interview. When we arrived at the place Hellroadie seemed kind intimidating but Mark was the most happy, relaxed and cheerful person you could imagine. He really fancied the bottle of cherry vodka we got him and from the get go started to talk to us like old time friends. I was astounded. No ego, no rockstar bullshit. The interview lasted over an hour and then after that they also talked and just laughed with us. Amazing stuff.

Wyrmbane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 am 

Amazing immortal music. They had the 'magic' of heavy metal like very few others have. I'll spin their tunes "The Deluge", "The Fires of Mars", "Dreams of Eschaton", etc, etc in remembrance.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:49 am 

A friend of mine had this very important observation to make on Facebook.

Quote:
The sudden and unexpected passing of Mark Shelton has touched everyone who encountered him or his music, and I have been as moved by the response as I have been by his departure itself. Many people have written about the personal impact that Mark had on their lives and their art, and while I can't claim to have had the kind of close rapport with him that so many of you did, I would nevertheless like to say something that I believe has gone unmentioned since the day of his parting and which needs to be said.

Mark Shelton was killed, at least in part, by climate change.

At the moment, Germany is in the midst of a historic heatwave, the likes of which are notorious for having a disproportionate impact on older folks, particularly those who are undergoing the kind of exertion that, say, stage performance requires of one. Bryan Patrick mentioned in his Facebook video statement that in spite of the fact that they were performing at an open air festival, the heat was extremely demanding even for him and also made him feel faint and weak; these kinds of temperatures are well documented as being a serious risk for cardiac failure. The link between the present heatwave in Germany and climate change also links Mark's untimely passing together with it. The three are bound together hand in hand, as abstract as it may seem.

Mark wrote extensively on human fallibility, the hubris and the folly of trying to wield power to dominate nature and other people, and the somber possibility of impending human extinction. Much has been made of his commitment to his art by trooping under duress right to the final moment, but when your mind is preoccupied by questions of human self-destruction as Mark's was, soldiering right up to the end can also be seen as an embrace of stoicism in response to an impossible challenge like human self-extinction. He was doubtless as conscious of the perils of climate change just as he was of war, disease and poverty, and to me, his passing under these circumstances wasn't merely the rare privilege of a man dying doing what he loves to do; it is also the passing of a man under circumstances philosophically consistent with what he deeply believes to be true about humankind and the world he lives in, which is also a rare privilege.

A lot of people feel moved, and maybe even changed, by Mark's passing. I know I certainly feel as though the world, in some way, will never be as it once was. Many of you will have to ask yourselves serious questions posed by his passing, many of them possibly very personal in nature, but all I insist is this - when you have the time, confront yourself with the same questions that Mark confronted himself with - "Can humankind choose to save itself, or will it author its own demise? And if it can change, what can I do to be a part of that?"

Rest in power to our departed brother. May we meet again on the far side of the sun, and may we also learn to respect its power while we are still here.

R.I.P to a metal legend!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:04 pm 

^ Thank you so much for that. Those thoughts were exactly what was on my mind as well when I watched Hellroadie's video he posted.

It's weird, you know...there are a number of bands who I'd never really listened to or even heard of but became a fan of after seeing their live sets, but Manilla Road were something different. I'd head SO MUCH about this band from so many of my best friends in the world of metal, but for some reason I kept putting off actually listening to them. I think it was a combination of the hype being so intense that I was afraid I'd be disappointed, plus the huge discography which was quite intimidating, but apart from a few stray tracks here and there, my first time really properly listening to Manilla Road was when I saw them on stage. It was then that I knew they were something special, and that Mark was the real deal. The embodiment of everything everyone wants to be when they want to be a rock star, with nothing of the negative connotations of that term. He lived and died the dream.

I know this conversation pops up all the time with people on all parts of the spectrum, but I really do think Manilla Road are about as good evidence we'll ever get for the existence of something like a Metal Brotherhood. Within about five seconds of learning of Mark's passing my brain had already jumped from shock and loss to "oh no...my friends..." That so many of you held Mark and Manilla Road in such high esteem really means something, I think. I can honestly say they were the favorite band (or at least among a small handful of favorites) for the majority of my metal-listening friends. His lyrics were everything in outsider heavy metal nerd art, but they were delivered with conviction, and the feeling and power behind his musical delivery was so genuine. I watched him shred a solo behind his head with a huge grin on his face, and I can say that is probably one of the foundational moments in establishing my love for heavy fucking metal.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

The Phobos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:12 pm 

I was at their last show at the Headbangers Open Air. It was my first time seeing them and they were one of the reasons I went to the festival. In my opinion they fucking delivered and I was so glad to hear songs like Necropolis and Crystal Logic live, but you noticed that Shelton was exhausted. They didn't do an encore and Shelton barely sung. And when he sung you could barely understand him IMO. My friends with that I went to HOA said that when they saw Manilla Road a few years ago Mark did much more.

Anyway music lost a genius when he died.
RIP Mark Shelton

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:23 pm 

Damn this sucks. Mark would wish me a happy birthday on Facebook every year even though i never met him. Seemed like such a cool guy.

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:49 pm 

Life ain't fair man. I haven't been hit by a death like this since Lemmy passed. Sadly I lost my Manilla Road CDs in my early twenties and I haven't gotten around to replacing them or getting any other ones yet. I can't really think of a better time to get back into buying them. I need to hear that man again because everyone knows he and his music are very special.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 am 

crappy news when anyone dies. I've never given MR a chance....best album to begin with??

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next