* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 pm 

Spoiler: show

Quote:
TERRORVISION TRACKLISTING AND COVER ART REVEALED!

ABORTED’s new album “TerrorVision” will be released on September 21st, 2018. Today the band reveals the sick artwork that was done by Par Olofsson (Exodus, Immolation, Immortal) that is outlining the album approach flawlessly. “TerrorVision” offers eleven tracks of absolutely outstanding brutal death metal. With “The Necrotic Manifesto” and ABORTED’s last album “Retrogore” already showcasing what the band is capable of, “TerrorVision” lifts death metal to a higher level of intensity, atmosphere and brutality. Produced by Kristian “Kohle” Kohlmannslehner at Kohlekeller Studios, “TerrorVision” is not just a new chunk of high-class brutal death metal, it’s a piece of art pushing the boundaries of the entire genre by combining over-the-top musicianship with skilled songwriting, a clear yet organic production and inexorable brutality that has no equals.

“TerrorVision” will be offered in the following formats:
- Standard CD Jewelcase
- Gatefold LP+CD
- Ltd. Box set (with Digipak CD, bonus CD with the tracks of
the “Bathos” EP, black belt with metal belt buckle, sticker set
and button set)
- Digital

Brace yourself for the start of the pre-sale, including some kick ass collector bundles we came up with and the launch of the first video/track of “TerrorVision” for Friday, July 6th!

“TerrorVision” tracklist:

1. Lasciate Ogne Speranza (0:57)
2. TerrorVision (4:33)
3. Farewell To The Flesh (4:41)
4. Vespertine Decay (6:00)
5. Squalor Opera (4:01)
6. Visceral Despondency (3:32)
7. Deep Red (3:20)
8. Exquisite Covinous Drama (5:01)
9. Altro Inferno (4:49)
10. A Whore D’oeuvre Macabre (3:01)
11. The Final Absolution (5:07)

I'm keen for some new Aborted. I have a feeling this one will be even better than the previous one for some reason, so I'm keen to hear it when it comes out.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:10 pm 

I like how this album seems like it'll be a companion or a "sequel" to "Retrogore," that they're taking 70s/80s horror nostalgia and just going full tilt with it right now, which I'm completely onboard with. Sven's fascination with giallo and Argento for inspiration lately is especially delightful. Granted, everything going back to "Global Flatline" already encapsulates modern Aborted as an era, but it's still cool to see them finding a new niche to dig in to. The argument could be made that this current stretch of albums is not only their peak, but one of the best in the genre. Death metal that's brutal and technical, and still fun.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:15 pm 

I've loved Aborted since I first heard Goremageddon. Retrogore wasn't particularly my taste (a little too heavy on the high end, if you catch my drift), but it was still very, very solid.

Now they need to tour the States in support and actually hit my area. Bonus points if they bring Benighted over with them.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:29 pm 

The last few albums were all killers, this one will be great too, I'm sure.
Fire walk with me"

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am 

acid_bukkake wrote:
I've loved Aborted since I first heard Goremageddon. Retrogore wasn't particularly my taste (a little too heavy on the high end, if you catch my drift), but it was still very, very solid.

Now they need to tour the States in support and actually hit my area. Bonus points if they bring Benighted over with them.

Touring North America after it drops will happen. Sven said that it'd either be around the end of this year or the beginning of next. While Benighted will be cool, I'd say that expecting Cytotoxin to be on the bill would be more realistic.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:07 pm 

They have been on a hot streak since global flatline, solid albums all around. Saw them last month and they killed it of course.

Last.fm

frostyj66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:33 am 

Lead single. Video nothing to write home about but the song itself is very catchy and enjoyable. The chorus is very bouncy and memorable. Second half of the song switches gears and was very strong.

I have no doubts this album will continue their hot streak of killer releases.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:45 am 

The second half of the song loses me, it sounds very "-core," if you catch my drift. That was a big turnoff for Retrogore for me, too.

Killer tune, though. Excited for this to drop in September!

darkeningday wrote:

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am 

Really love that single. The chorus is memorable and there's so many little "fuck yeah" moments squeezed in (the chugs, that little pause and sustained scream before the blasting section). It's a great cut and I'm more psyched than ever for the new album.

This band has been on a meteoric rise since Global Flatline and I have a feeling this may be one of their best yet. Sure, Goremageddon will likely always be considered their masterpiece, but this new retro-80s-horror era of Aborted is proving to be an incredible new phase for the band.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:35 pm 

Never really liked this band. Checked out the video. Over produced, sterile, lots of posing and its boring.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:00 pm 

Always down for new Aborted!

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:57 pm 

New song, and it's absolutely fucking bonkers.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm 

Wayyyyyy better than the first release. Looking forward to it even more.

darkeningday wrote:

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:32 pm 

Not convinced since Global Flatline, this Squalor Opera is just ok to me but TerrorVision is great, i wonder what full album sound like...

Unholy Philosopher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 am 

Reply to topic